American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

gallsman

Unbelievable finish. Still time too!

gallsman

That is a shitty, shitty call. That's a catch and score ffs.

screenexile

heganboy

call is absolutely wrong
in possession when it crosses the goal line
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

screenexile

Quote from: heganboy on December 18, 2017, 12:20:20 AM
call is absolutely wrong

Crazy... what a game though serious drama!!

Gabriel_Hurl

RealSpiritof98

How is that not a catch, joke. What is it with goal line slants and the pats

gallsman

Quote from: heganboy on December 18, 2017, 12:20:20 AM
call is absolutely wrong

That only applies as a runner I think, no?

My problem is that I don't think he lost control throughout the process of the catch.

Huge implications for playoffs now. Steelers might as well skip the playoffs if they've to go to Foxborough, especially if they don't have Brown.

Minder

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 18, 2017, 12:26:54 AM
NFL catch rules are a joke

It is, haven't seen this but the one called a TD in the Panthers v GB game was ridiculous
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

It was clearly a misapplication of the (bullshit anyway) rule. He clearly caught the ball and pulled it in to himself. That was the catch completed right there. Then he made a separate, distinct movement - lunging for the line. Once the ball crossed the plain - TD.

Chargers blew it as only they can.

Can't expect Seattle's D to hold up with so many injuries - Wagner was playing but clearly compromised.

screenexile

The more I think about that call last night it was horrible. . . there was no way he dropped it just because the ball moves slightly when it's in your grasp isn't a drop in my book!! Maybe the Pats are just that lucky!!!

Minder

I would give the Steelers a decent chance of beating the Pats, with Brown back, in the AFC title game. They would need to handle Gronk a bit better though, easier said than done

Thai isn't a great Pats team
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on December 18, 2017, 03:49:55 PM
I would give the Steelers a decent chance of beating the Pats, with Brown back, in the AFC title game. They would need to handle Gronk a bit better though, easier said than done

Thai isn't a great Pats team

Not in Foxborough. I think Steelers blew their chance last night.

Syferus

The Pats lose to the Bills or the suspiciously decent Jets (both away divisional games) and the Steelers win out the potential AFC title game is still going to be in Pittsburgh. Lots of football to be played until the AFC game and more injuries are assured anyways. What looks obvious now won't in a month's time.