The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Salah very lucky there, could have walked for that. Bad tackle...

laoislad

Wasn't the best of games that but happy enough with result.
Did the Mane goal that was ruled out go to VAR? He looked onside to me.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

cadhlancian

Capt Pat

Quote from: cadhlancian on April 09, 2019, 09:51:25 PM
Salah very lucky there, could have walked for that. Bad tackle...

I don't think it was as bad as it looked in slow motion. The Porto player didn't make a meal of it which helps. He didn't hurt the player.

cadhlancian

I don't think there was any malice in it, but he could have had zero complaints had he walked.

TabClear

Good results and crucial to keep the clean sheet but Liverpool definitely had a bit of luck yesterday. While for me the two penalty calls under VAR were absolutely correct i.e. no pen, they could easily have been given when you see the penalty united got against PSG and hear  the way the referees are being asked to interpret the rule. WTF is a normal silhouette in a high speed, professional sport??

Salah definitely lucky, again borderline but could have had no complaints if he walked.

Hendo very good again last night, if you take the shackles off and give him a bit of license to attack he is a decent offensive midfielder. Keita decent albeit I wold worry about him defensively against better teams.

As a final note, good to see Gomez back involved.

p.s. Barcelona want Moreno who cannot even make the squad when the first choice LB is injured??

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: TabClear on April 10, 2019, 07:39:46 AM
Good results and crucial to keep the clean sheet but Liverpool definitely had a bit of luck yesterday. While for me the two penalty calls under VAR were absolutely correct i.e. no pen, they could easily have been given when you see the penalty united got against PSG and hear  the way the referees are being asked to interpret the rule. WTF is a normal silhouette in a high speed, professional sport??

Salah definitely lucky, again borderline but could have had no complaints if he walked.

Hendo very good again last night, if you take the shackles off and give him a bit of license to attack he is a decent offensive midfielder. Keita decent albeit I wold worry about him defensively against better teams.

p.s. Barcelona want Moreno who cannot even make the squad when the first choice LB is injured??

He was injured. That's why Gomez was in the squad.

seafoid

What do ye think about Man city losing yesterday? Is the pressure getting to them?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Denn Forever

Quote from: seafoid on April 10, 2019, 10:50:43 AM
What do ye think about Man city losing yesterday? Is the pressure getting to them?

Spurs playing in THEIR new stadium may have had something to do with it.  Losing Kane a big blow.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Jeepers Creepers

City manager seems to have taken a calculated risk by resting some players hoping not to concede or concede to much.

Taylor

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 10, 2019, 12:14:59 PM

City manager seems to have taken a calculated risk by resting some players hoping not to concede or concede to much.

I wouldnt be overly concerned by last nights result.
If we play to our potential at home we could easily stick 3 or 4 past them.

Problem between now and the end of the season is Pep is going to have to rest some of the top players for some games and it is in these we could slip up in the PL.

The main goal for Pep has to be the CL. Let Liverpool have the league

J70

Definite red to me.

Don't think he meant any harm - it looked to me like he shaping up to put his foot on top of the ball and spin around like he often does - but you have to be aware of what's going on around you. Could have broken the lad's leg.

Armamike

Quote from: J70 on April 10, 2019, 04:53:11 PM

Definite red to me.

Don't think he meant any harm - it looked to me like he shaping up to put his foot on top of the ball and spin around like he often does - but you have to be aware of what's going on around you. Could have broken the lad's leg.

Exactly it.  No malice whatsoever.  Very lucky to get away with that.
That's just, like your opinion man.