Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Started by G@@, March 03, 2020, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on November 15, 2020, 01:11:21 PM
In my view Cheddar should never appointed himself Laois Manager and should have moved into administration but again that's the dirty work for little or no praise.  But it is where progress can be made,  We would all like the glamour of Eddie Brennan's job

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on November 15, 2020, 01:11:21 PM
Was Cheddar out of pocket ? or is that just a perception.

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on November 15, 2020, 02:16:00 PM
As far as I know Cheddar is not owed any money by the County Board.  I presume at times he put his hand in his own pocket for spending not agreed to by the County Board.  But I don't think in the finish up Cheddar was owed any money.

Stop spinning.
I never said he was owed money.
I said he funded part of the back room team himself.
He appointed himself? I doubt it. He tried to find a manager (after a series of CB appointments that brought us to arguably our lowest ebb ever. He did this at a time when the then CB Chairman public ally stated that we should drop to Christy Ring.

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on November 15, 2020, 02:16:00 PMEddie Brennan is well looked after in relation to any Laois Manager bar Micko. 
Not the question I asked. Deliberate subterfuge I asked was Cheddar paid at the same going rate as other managers we have had? (I included Eddie Brennan in that list of others).

You seem to be very in the know regarding pay, arrangements, who is/was paid what. You also seem very determined to spin a particular point of view. I don't think it takes a genius to link the two.

What people seem to want here is to run unsustainable deficits to possibly get some improvements in Hurling.

What people seem to want (as far as I can see) is some evidence that there is some sort of plan to improve and some sort of direction to ensure we have do things as well as we can at juvenile level. There is very very little evidence of this.
You can manage facilities and budgets and infrastructural projects. This seems to have been very well done over the past 10 years or so by the CB. Fair play.
But you lead people based systems. Maintaining the status quo, being happy with your lot and showing an absolute lack of drive to make progress is not leading.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

G@@

As far as I know Cheddar is not owed any money by the County Board.  I presume at times he put his hand in his own pocket for spending not agreed to by the County Board.  But I don't think in the finish up Cheddar was owed any money.  Eddie Brennan is well looked after in relation to any Laois Manager bar Micko. 

It's not defeatist to run a County within Budget allowing for improvements in Infrastructure development & County Teams. Of course the County can improve Hurling but it takes time and effort.  Cheddar is welcome back anytime to volunteer his time like any other CB member.  What people seem to want here is to run unsustainable deficits to possibly get some improvements in Hurling.

Is 104 f**king years not long enough? When do you guys think we'll be competitive? 2050, 2080, 2115?
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

thegreeenandgold

When you can put a couple of good competitive U17/U20 teams out, but if you think Eddie can kick on fair play.  More likely it goes in the what if category which has been going on for most of the last 104 years.

Can't wait to see what the next Messiah does, We are some county to worship at the feet of false prophets.  No substitute for patience and hard work which we seldom want or like in Laois.

G@@

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on November 15, 2020, 08:23:50 PM
When you can put a couple of good competitive U17/U20 teams out, but if you think Eddie can kick on fair play.  More likely it goes in the what if category which has been going on for most of the last 104 years.

Can't wait to see what the next Messiah does, We are some county to worship at the feet of false prophets.  No substitute for patience and hard work which we seldom want or like in Laois.

Antrim contested an U21 final in 2013 and where are they now?
Clare won three U21 finals 2012-2014 and we came within a whisker of beating them last week.
Past success at underage does not guarantee you a top senior side, it can help - but it's not the silver bullet.

As for Messiah's, i.e. Cheddar and Eddie Brennan - it's no co-incidence that we've had some of our sweetest wins with them at the helm.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

Quote from: G@@ on November 15, 2020, 08:41:31 PM

Antrim contested an U21 final in 2013 and where are they now?
Clare won three U21 finals 2012-2014 and we came within a whisker of beating them last week.
Past success at underage does not guarantee you a top senior side, it can help - but it's not the silver bullet.

As for Messiah's, i.e. Cheddar and Eddie Brennan - it's no co-incidence that we've had some of our sweetest wins with them at the helm.

I don't know the composition of the current Antrim senior side, but I bet they win the Joe McDonagh, and they'll most certainly be snapping at our heels in Division 1 next year. If we're back in disarray, they'll fancy a bite, too!

Keyser Söze

I think everybody, including Stevie Wonder, Jungle Joe & Jack Duckworth realise that underage-u17/20 is where we need to ultimately improve. Well spotted.
The problem is there is no plan of any sort for how to become competitive at u17/20. It's Hail Mary stuff. That's not EB's job. It's the County Boards.

There is no messiah.
But the CB have turned down one detailed plan to make the county competitive at underage, allowed another to filter out and failed to come up with any respectable one of their own.
So what role do you guys want?
Coming up with the plan?
Implementing the plan?
Resourcing the plan?
Or is it just to continue asking "what plan?". Ticking boxes and filling roles is not leading. I'm sure it's very time consuming etc. Yet the average length of time a CB officer spends on the executive is? You seem to have all the facts & figures).

Hard to credit you think you have any credibility after your utterings of the last few days here. If you're at this week's meeting please keep your mouth shut. If you're not, no doubt it won't be long before you are back in there if you keep coming out to bat like this.
Good work Comrade.

Giovanni

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. It is about hard work. Cheddar was putting in the work. Eddie Brennan is putting in the work. The players are putting in the work. The missing link seems to be the hard work of the county board, especially when it comes to the more difficult tasks like raising funds or building the kind of structures that Clonad was talking about.

I had some sympathy for the county board in this whole affair before I got a sense of their attitude through your posts.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Giovanni on November 15, 2020, 09:24:20 PM

I had some sympathy for the county board in this whole affair before I got a sense of their attitude through your posts.

Plus 1.

portlaoisekid

Nice to see the CB making their point through a couple of accounts on here , taking on genuine Laois supporters with absolute garbage arguments. I hope in their thoughts they  remember Laois supporters are no fools and wont be taken as such. Our CB may think this forum is full of anonymous crankpots but from what I've seen and heard the Laois support in general is behind what Brennan  said . There is only one winner in the CB vs manager argument.The thing is this is not about Eddie Brennan,  its about his argument and as Laois supporters we are sick of genuine Laois managers making this argument.

It seems like a defining moment for Laois hurling , lets see how the CB play it out this week.

..one last point , one Cb poster on here has a serious issue with Portlaoise ..yes Portlaoise have their issues with hurling but the CB rep in question really needs to chill the hell out as the argument is deflecting from the actual conversation.

G@@

Quote from: ohara on November 15, 2020, 09:31:59 PM
they were offered a plan, by a lad whose own club are a farce...how could you take it seriously...c'mon man.

unfortunately laois have fair smaller pick than kilkenny, limerick, cork, tipp, Dublin, waterford, galway. very hard compete purely on number basis. we do well ish at both codes considering our pick...this thing of bashing the county board childish and nonsense...name me a "good"county board, and ill show you a county with tradition or resources...the majority of laois people dont care about hurling...

Why do you deliberately make a balls of the quote code? Leave it be.

With regards to the highlighted sentence above - c'mon man, grow up.

G@@

Quote from: Giovanni on November 15, 2020, 09:24:20 PM
[I had some sympathy for the county board in this whole affair before I got a sense of their attitude through your posts.

This is the exact issue with many on the CB, Eddie Brennan will face a "how dare you" Gretta atmosphere on Tuesday night, don't be surprised if he feels he has no other option but to walk.

ohara

graigue to port and everywhere east of Portlaoiae including the town of portlaoise dont really care about laois hurling.. this is the majority of the county....sorry if this fact offends.

Eddie cares about eddie...best interests of laois hurling aren't really his concern.  good manger hopefully we keep him, outside managers who come with a "fee"in general dont care about best interests of county (this is obvious)

ohara

give me specific examples of stuff county board doing wrong??

give me examples of progressive county boards, we should emulate?
complaining is easy

town1980

Eddie cares about Eddie ,Mike cares about Mike, Eddie's from kk mikes from Kerry how in the hell do they care about Laois if yee think they do cop onto yourselves ffs

burdizzo

Well, as you know, both have some connection to the place. It's unfair to portray them as out and out mercenaries.