NFL Div 4 2020

Started by sligoman2, January 21, 2020, 12:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

It wasn't going to happen for us most probably but Waterford aren't mugs and Antrim must have been shocking last weekend. A lot of counties still in contention getting screwed by this.

imtommygunn

Antrim have offered to play it in Dundalk now.

bannside

Ball back in Waterford court. Antrim offering to play it in Dundalk, no overnight stay needed, in fact Waterford dont even have to even set foot in that other country.

Milltown Row2

I'd have taken it to Ballycastle!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

general_lee

Fair play to Antrim hope they stuff Waterford! Absolutely shocking from them

imtommygunn

Game happening at 2 p.m. saturday now.

Have to say this is horrendous from waterford. I hope we hammer them now >:( (Though with the way we played last weekend I wouldn't be so sure!!)

Farrandeelin

Best of luck to Antrim. Shocking statement from the Déise. It might be the thing to spur Antrim on to win.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 23, 2020, 08:44:33 AM
Game happening at 2 p.m. saturday now.

Have to say this is horrendous from waterford. I hope we hammer them now >:( (Though with the way we played last weekend I wouldn't be so sure!!)

Jesus.... I hope we play better, the win would be nice but a 100% improvement from last week, hopefully the lads will put that game behind them and move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lazer

Quote from: Estimator on October 22, 2020, 10:26:02 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 22, 2020, 10:09:25 AM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1022/1173131-waterford-concede-league-game-against-antrim/

Very poor from Waterford in my opinion.

Definitely. The statement is embarrassing to all involved. People in Waterford are under tighter restrictions than people in Antrim. I'd like to know the list of employers requiring a 14 day self-isolation for players and management returning Antrim, and where to find a legislation for this.

Its legal - as long as they pay them when they are off -otherwise illegal - can't realistically control what poeple do outside of work, if there is no legal requirement to self isolate, then if your employer insists on it, they have to pay you (or request you take annual leave - but they need to give appropriate notice for this)

Its completely disgraceful that Waterford and Leitrim were refusing to play their games in the North! Refusing to play is one thing, refusing to play simply because the game is in the North is another..and both have mentioned employers requiring staff to isolate - like you i would love to know who these employers are!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Angelo

I don't buy the employer line.

What line of industry are these employers in?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

square_ball

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 10:43:00 AM
I don't buy the employer line.

What line of industry are these employers in?

I don't buy it either. They probably seen Leitrim use it as an excuse about crossing the border last week and getting away without much criticism so thought that was the line to go with. Embarrassing statement.

magpie seanie

The whole thing with this is lack of communication and understanding. The guidelines are designed in such a way that no one ends up being a close contact due to intercounty GAA participation. If they're followed that's the case. The employer thing might have some but it's just wrong. Everybody's first instinct is to panic which is somewhat understandable. Glad that game is going ahead anyway......a 1% chance is better than 0% anyway!

imtommygunn

Antrim have had to give up home advantage in a camogie match at the weekend too. Pathetic.

Rossfan

Fair play to Antrim for agreeing to go to Dundalk for the game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM