The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

The Bonfires as well as being Dangerous to construct and dangerous when burning.

They leave an unmerciful mess afterwards

Square Ball

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2023, 12:29:21 PM
The Bonfires as well as being Dangerous to construct and dangerous when burning.

As do the crowds

https://twitter.com/IrishMa88348067/status/1679243860545814528?t=kleb7-8AbVEL9uZhAfeq2A&s=19
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Wildweasel74

Who cleans that crap all up? The council?

Kidder81

marty34

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2023, 12:29:21 PM

Looks like a scene from Ukraine.

Milltown Row2

I can throw up pics of paddy's day in Holylands, concerts, Street festivals and so on that are exactly the same.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Dont mind many large scale bonnies in the Holylands from my day but in fairness i was drunk a lot of the time

snoopdog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 12:31:41 AM
I can throw up pics of paddy's day in Holylands, concerts, Street festivals and so on that are exactly the same.
That scene is pretty common after any  big event. Where are the bins.  Yes they should bring their rubbish home. But the council could prevent a lot of that by putting temp bins in place. The streets around Clones wouldn't be too tidy after a big game either. Bonfires a diff story obviously.

LC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-66235152

Another 2 fingers from the British Government to the DUP.

Howards Hastings et al will be on the phone to wee Jeffrey telling them to wind their necks in.

johnnycool

Quote from: LC on July 18, 2023, 05:18:16 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-66235152

Another 2 fingers from the British Government to the DUP.

Howards Hastings et al will be on the phone to wee Jeffrey telling them to wind their necks in.

"Unacceptable gap in UK border security"

I wonder is Mr Jenrick talking about enforcing these checks along the Irish sea.....

armaghniac

Former Northern Ireland First Minister Arlene Foster has said she "feels so sorry" for holidaymakers trapped in Greece, as wildfires continue to grip Rhodes.

She described initially being "oblivious" to the fires on the island – until a restaurant where she visited was burnt to the ground.

Thousands of holidaymakers are currently on the Greek island, which has been ravaged by flames, and holiday firms are scrambling to get them home.

Speaking to GB News, Ms Foster recounted her experience.
"The thing is I had a wonderful holiday and was quite oblivious to what was going on on other parts of the island until Saturday when I was due to leave (that evening)," she said.
"We had been to such beautiful places in Rhodes, including a gorgeous little restaurant by the beach – and on Saturday evening I found out it was completely burnt to the ground.
"The place where I had been all day on Thursday...and on Saturday evening, my daughter looked at Twitter and it was burnt to the ground.
"When we were taking off on early Sunday morning, we could look back and see the fires raging on the ground. I had been walking around the town that day, no one was concerned but when I got to the airport that's when I got concerned."
Ms Foster said she was "very fortunate" that they had managed to escape the chaos after multiple holiday providers subsequently cancelled flights in and out of the island.
Some 19,000 people have been evacuated from Rhodes after many holidaymakers had to resort to escaping to the beach to escape the extreme weather conditions.

The Greek island of Corfu has also experienced serious fires across the island, with 2,500 people evacuated from the island.
"The lovely people of Rhodes who work and live there, who were telling us they don't make much money during the winter, are now devastated," Ms Foster continued.
"I'm told they have fires most summers but this is certainly the worst they've had in many years."
Upon returning to Northern Ireland, the politician turned broadcaster tweeted and said she is watching the news reports of the fires across the island.
She Tweeted: "Watching the terrible story of the fires in the Greek island. I came home from Rhodes on Sunday and feel so sorry for all those wonderful people in Rhodes who have lost their homes and livelihoods and wish safe passage to all those trying to get home to the UK."
Despite the chaos she escaped, Ms Foster said she wouldn't let the emergency situation put her off Rhodes for a future holiday.
"I would go back, particularly because the tourist season is their biggest industry. They were so lovely and wonderful people. This is devastation for them," she said.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Well as long as her dinner was lovely and she was oblivious to the raging fires destroying the areas where she went for a lovely walk!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

That sums up the DUP. Oblivious to the place burning down round them.