The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

After the flagpole nonsense and a few days of pretty equal whataboutery tallies from both sides, the loyalist bully boy has handed team Nationalism a serious advantage on Twitter.

And by f**k are our lot playing the violins.

I've muted and unfollowed a hefty number of political threads and people the past week, in a hope of never seeing six county shit again, but my timeline is still overflowing with outrage and angst.

Everyone, on both sides, just needs to take a breath and say nothing .

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 02, 2023, 12:50:14 PM
Police not call the flagpole removal a hate crime.

It can be described as a hate crime, but it can't be charged as a hate crime (I think).

CK_Redhand

One man's hate crime is another man's burning effigies on bonfires. Culture.

general_lee

Quote from: thewobbler on May 02, 2023, 01:06:21 PM
After the flagpole nonsense and a few days of pretty equal whataboutery tallies from both sides, the loyalist bully boy has handed team Nationalism a serious advantage on Twitter.

I've muted and unfollowed a hefty number of political threads and people the past week, in a hope of never seeing six county shit again, but my timeline is still overflowing with outrage and angst.

Aye, ignore it, that will make it go away.
Only a couple of weeks ago a few teenagers were battered in Belfast city by a couple of bigots (including an ex squaddie) for the audacity of wearing a GAA jersey. I'm sure if it was one of your Ballyholland minors you'd have a different outlook. God knows what those rats would have done on Sunday had that girl answered her door.

Milltown Row2

He probably done her windows, noticed when looking through them she had some catholic paraphernalia about!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Aristo 60

Like copies of the RTE guide and so on and so forth?

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Aristo 60 on May 02, 2023, 09:27:27 PM

Who da f**k buys a tv mag  ;D

Probably a Copy of the Wolfe Tones greatest hits
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Ireland's own
Jam in the press
Padre Pio on the wall

Wildweasel74

Wouldn't need go in my dad's house with the Maze altar they used to do, some hunger strike calendar, plus a few hunger strike items. Beginning to wonder should I mention to him it's 40years ago.

AustinPowers

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 02, 2023, 09:51:16 PM

Ireland's own
Jam in the press
Padre Pio on the wall

Sacred heart picture
JFK  picture
Jack Charlton  and Maurice Setters picture
Ludo  trophy

I think I  need to take a break from watching  Father Ted 

thewobbler

Quote from: general_lee on May 02, 2023, 09:10:57 PM

Only a couple of weeks ago a few teenagers were battered in Belfast city by a couple of bigots (including an ex squaddie) for the audacity of wearing a GAA jersey. I'm sure if it was one of your Ballyholland minors you'd have a different outlook. God knows what those rats would have done on Sunday had that girl answered her door.

Point is.

Every town, village and city across the world this past weekend would have been witness to vile and repugnant acts of bullying and brutality. It's just, unfortunately, how humans are prone to treating each other.

The two sides of the six county spectrum jumping on every incident, no matter how trivial (and I'm not describing this particular one as trivial by the way) with over the top horror and disgust, mixed together with a king sized dollop of whataboutery, is helping nobody. It's just pumping more and more unnecessary air into sectarian ways of living.

f**k that. We don't need it. Just accept that there's c***ts of humans in every town, village and city. The colours they're wearing is a disguise, not a uniform.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2023, 09:44:22 PM

Obviously someone must be buying them if they keep printing them
Careful now

gallsman

Quote from: thewobbler on May 02, 2023, 10:39:14 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 02, 2023, 09:10:57 PM

Point is.

Every town, village and city across the world this past weekend would have been witness to vile and repugnant acts of bullying and brutality. It's just, unfortunately, how humans are prone to treating each other.

The two sides of the six county spectrum jumping on every incident, no matter how trivial (and I'm not describing this particular one as trivial by the way) with over the top horror and disgust, mixed together with a king sized dollop of whataboutery, is helping nobody. It's just pumping more and more unnecessary air into sectarian ways of living.

f**k that. We don't need it. Just accept that there's c***ts of humans in every town, village and city. The colours they're wearing is a disguise, not a uniform.

Breathtaking ignorance, naiveté or stupidity. Take your pick. You didn't mean to trivialise the incident yet fluked it anyway.

Bothsidesing is every bit as bad as whataboutery.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 02, 2023, 10:52:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2023, 09:44:22 PM

Obviously someone must be buying them if they keep printing them

I suppose the older generation buy it but huge drop recently with things online

43,000 from last period of being recorded. No figures since 2018

Drop from 260,000 in 2002