Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Yeah you would be hoping that any business being done would be done early before the world cup gets under way.

I dont know how you solve that problem of the attacking players and keeping them all content, Martial seems to be the one most noise is coming from about a move away from the club.

Maroon Manc

Smalling is no better player then when he arrived, time to get rid. He's useless in possession, panics everyone else around him too. I'd imagine United will be after Alderwierld, doesn't look likely he'll stay given they've dropped him. I doubt Pep will buy another centre half and can't see Spurs selling him to Chelsea.

If United sell Martial I'd want a top player in return. I can see him moving on and United have a player in Chong who could be a replacement, his performances in the u23's have been outstanding. Looks like he's got everything to be a top player.

quit yo jibbajabba

He'd be lethal with Cheech

Ill get me coat

gallsman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 09, 2018, 09:30:03 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 08, 2018, 02:26:54 PM
Why, oh why must this team be 0-2 down before they're allowed to play with the handbrake off? A very welcome result. As I stated beforehand I felt city were vulnerable if United went after them and so it proved. Pogba wasn't asked to do a role he can't do so glad he proved that he's more than capable when used correctly, i.e. not a central midfielder. Hopefully United win their reamaining games now.

United pressed City early on and it worked for the first 20 minutes, the issue was United weren't creating anything as United weren't keeping the ball long enough. The last 25 minutes of the half were a joke, United fell apart. United must be one of the tallest sides in the league yet we've probably conceded more set piece goals than everyone else, not good enough.

Sanchez had a great 2nd half, he was involved in everything. He'll get a break this summer as Chile didn't qualify for the world cup, would like to think we'll see the real Sanchez next season.

Add a ball playing centre half and 2 younger fullbacks then what we've got and I think we'll see a big difference in this team.

No point in buying an expensive ball playing centre half when Mourinho won't let him pass to midfield.

Maroon Manc

United come back from 2-0 down to beat City 3-2 and this place is like a morgue.  8)

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 09, 2018, 04:36:12 PM
United come back from 2-0 down to beat City 3-2 and this place is like a morgue.  8)

It's called selling your soul or the "Mourinho effect".

GJL

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 09, 2018, 04:36:12 PM

Quite a few of this thread's more regular posters missing alright.

As a Utd supporter it was a great result but the reality set in quickly enough after the game that the win was nice but the 3 points largely irrelevant as City will still win the league and Utd were always going to finish top 4 anyway.

GJL

Utd U18s beat City 2-1 today to win the league. 😎

Captain Obvious

Last week Manchester United beat the best team in the league away and today getting beaten at home by the worst team in the league. That lack of consistency must be very frustrating for any Manchester United supporter.

Rich Ricci

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 15, 2018, 05:32:03 PM
Last week Manchester United beat the best team in the league away and today getting beaten at home by the worst team in the league. That lack of consistency must be very frustrating for any Manchester United supporter.

Not half. Pathetic stuff from Utd today. Players never looked interested.

Cunny Funt

Shock result as i think only Man City had beaten United in Old Trafford the last two seasons in the league? Had a sense West Brom would nick a goal against the run of play from a set piece. Apart from one good save from Foster United did a lot of huffing and puffing in front of goal in that game and never really looked interested at all.

Milltown Row2

That was god awful, caught last 30 mins and I'll never get that back! Expect Spurs to stuff them based on that performance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

beer baron

Looks like we've turned into Liverpool, able to raise ourselves for a game against the big sides but then play shite against the bread and butter teams.
Was hoping i'd never see the day  :(

Kidder81