Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Brilliant. The way a derby match should be played.  8)

Geoff Tipps

Great game. Fair play to United

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 07, 2018, 07:28:54 PM
The very opposite game of the Merseyside derby.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 07, 2018, 07:37:08 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 07, 2018, 07:28:54 PM
The very opposite game of the Merseyside derby.

United had quality and pride .. Everton had no quality but some
pride, Liverpool played with their head.. was never going to be a classic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Aaron Boone

City would have had the champagne and fireworks ready to go.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 07, 2018, 08:07:25 PM
City would have had the champagne and fireworks ready to go.

Might have to wait till their next home game, as their form has dipped badly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Only saw second half. Brilliant comeback. Must have been really bad in the first half according to reports.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 07, 2018, 10:18:19 PM
Only saw second half. Brilliant comeback. Must have been really bad in the first half according to reports.
It was a even contest for the first 25 mins then the last 20 mins of the first half was terrible from United who lost all shape after Kompany scored.

StGallsGAA

While the title is undoubtedly over, you can never rule out the savage orc hoard of Liverpool fans attempting something on Tuesday night that will hospitalise the entire City squad for the rest of the season.  They're like a pack of hyenas when they get going.

quit yo jibbajabba

Even a hyena wouldnt laugh at your attenpts at humour you arsewipe  ;D ;D ;D

yellowcard

Bizarre game yesterday, first half was dreadful I feared the worst at half time. Second half was brilliant first time Utd were involved in an entertaining game in some time and the enigma that is Pogba was instrumental in the turnaround. It was important that City didn't win it yesterday and I think they will have to wait another few weeks as I don't see them beating Spurs at Wembley, they are still on on a downer due to their impending CL exit.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on April 08, 2018, 01:45:28 PM
Bizarre game yesterday, first half was dreadful I feared the worst at half time. Second half was brilliant first time Utd were involved in an entertaining game in some time and the enigma that is Pogba was instrumental in the turnaround. It was important that City didn't win it yesterday and I think they will have to wait another few weeks as I don't see them beating Spurs at Wembley, they are still on on a downer due to their impending CL exit.
As it stands Manchester City need 6 points to win the league title. The earliest Premier league title winning date was 14th April by Manchester United in 2000-01 so that is one record the blue half of Manchester won't be breaking this season.

magpie seanie

Why, oh why must this team be 0-2 down before they're allowed to play with the handbrake off? A very welcome result. As I stated beforehand I felt city were vulnerable if United went after them and so it proved. Pogba wasn't asked to do a role he can't do so glad he proved that he's more than capable when used correctly, i.e. not a central midfielder. Hopefully United win their reamaining games now.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 08, 2018, 02:26:54 PM
Why, oh why must this team be 0-2 down before they're allowed to play with the handbrake off? A very welcome result. As I stated beforehand I felt city were vulnerable if United went after them and so it proved. Pogba wasn't asked to do a role he can't do so glad he proved that he's more than capable when used correctly, i.e. not a central midfielder. Hopefully United win their reamaining games now.

United pressed City early on and it worked for the first 20 minutes, the issue was United weren't creating anything as United weren't keeping the ball long enough. The last 25 minutes of the half were a joke, United fell apart. United must be one of the tallest sides in the league yet we've probably conceded more set piece goals than everyone else, not good enough.

Sanchez had a great 2nd half, he was involved in everything. He'll get a break this summer as Chile didn't qualify for the world cup, would like to think we'll see the real Sanchez next season.

Add a ball playing centre half and 2 younger fullbacks then what we've got and I think we'll see a big difference in this team.

Milltown Row2

Smalling coming up and scoring a goal wont change my mind on him as a central defender, there must be a Vidic type player out there that would command that defence, Jones injured a lot too so cover for him would be needed. Will Bailly and Rojo be the main ones?

Virgil has looked like the best defender these last few games Ive seen, very good business by Liverpool.. as for Midfield a younger Matic possibly in Scott McTominay, so maybe he'll develop into that role..

Whats the best postion for these players? Rasford, Martial, Sanchez, Lingard, Lukaku, Mata, Pogba.. 7 players who play in advance roles but limited space available and with Lukaku and Sanchez always starting and Pogba, how do you keep the likes of Rasford Martial and Lingard happy?

Will be a strange transfer season with the World cup, all sorts of stupid buys usually