The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

I just finished a book written around the period of time relating to the bank/wall st crash and bail outs, called The Divide by Matt Taibi. I might have though I knew it was bad but I had to multiply just how bad I thought it was  by 100. The book is exceptional and manages to explain complicated content in simple understandable english.
Matt had written some very good  articles published in Rolling Stone about the bankers bail out and this book deals with the scales of economic disparity/inequality and scales of justice (injustice) over this period  through the eyes of the people who experienced  the effects and those enjoyed the benefits.
About the only thing equal in this whole episode of history is the equal responsibility  and corruptions of both Democratic and Republican parties. Perhaps I'd reserve more disdain for Clinton's pro active role in the build up and Obama's role in the aftermath,  just for the added hypocrisy factor.

Gabriel_Hurl

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on August 22, 2017, 04:29:53 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 22, 2017, 01:11:44 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 22, 2017, 12:46:01 AM
Sanders wasn't in the final three candidates for president, mate.

What?
The final four candidates for president were Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Gary Johnson and Jill Stein.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL they couldn't muster five percent of the vote between them, Bernie got screwed by the Clinton biased liberals within your despicable party and Bernie was the only opposition Clinton faced, which is why she fucked him as he was hurting her chances, thanks eternally Bern )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: HiMucker on August 22, 2017, 08:57:58 PM
Stew in all fairness that is a terrible line of argument. Is one not allowed to show concern for soemthing once they have been made more aware of it?  Or is it always going to met with "why not bribg it up ealier"?  Ffs you could do that with any injustice.
I honestly didnt know or care that much about a confederate flag, but once it has been brought to my attention and simple but of research makes it fairly clear cut.  And say your right, that has been to do with left wing media banging on about it?  So what.  The flag stands for the same thing now as it did then.
If I went to match now and seen cork fans flying the rebel flag, i can honestly say it wouldnt bother me.  I wouldnt think they are racist.  Id just think they are dumb, young, or head buried in the sand or all 3.  That doesnt mean others shouldnt point out to them why they should stop flying it if they so wish.

I never said they should not point anything out, I believe strongly in free speech, I also don't give to fiddlers about any flag because I have had a lifetime of dealing with them and their divisiveness, nor am I defending the confederate flag, I am simply stating that I am not going to castigate cork fans for using the flag at games of gaelic football or hurling because they are clearly not supporting slavery, they align with it because they are known as rebels and the flag is from a country 3,000 miles away. I also wanted to highlight the stupidity of sid because he went ballistic about an issue he never cared to comment before his liberal media masters told him to a few weeks ago,, then it was on baby!

sid waddell

Quote from: sid waddell on August 23, 2017, 12:58:21 AM

I've really touched a nerve with you over your defence of a racist flag, haven't I?

The Cork supporters flying the confederate flag has been objected to for years, you dimwit, since at least 2001.

If you lived in Ireland you might know that, and you might know a bit more about the place than you currently do, which appears to be very little.

You do understand that society changes and things which were previously tolerated become no longer tolerated.

You do understand this, yes?

As I've asked a couple of other simpletons who have taken your line of argument, societies once considered the use of the n word to be acceptable.

That is clearly, and rightly, no longer the case.

Yet, to take your line of argument, the n word should be considered acceptable merely because it once was.

Do you think the n word is acceptable today?

And if not, were the people who wanted it made unacceptable correct?

Because, unless you address this, one would have to presume that you see these people as hypocrites.

Or that you believe that the n word should be acceptable today.

None of you dimwits have as yet addressed this point.

You don't because it blows your dimwitted bluster out of the water and exposes you for what you are - ie. people who don't take the issue of racism seriously.

Cat got your tongue, Stewy, mate?

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on August 23, 2017, 10:30:05 AM

I've really touched a nerve with you over your defence of a racist flag, haven't I?

No Sid you did not, I did not defend any flag, I have no use for any flag, you are like a child thinking he is being clever here.

The Cork supporters flying the confederate flag has been objected to for years, you dimwit, since at least 2001.

Dimwit, hmmm, I asked you how long you objected to it and when did you post on here your issues with it, especially, since, um, you know, there have been issues with it since 2001.

If you lived in Ireland you might know that, and you might know a bit more about the place than you currently do, which appears to be very little.

I do live in Ireland Sid!

You do understand that society changes and things which were previously tolerated become no longer tolerated.

I do, I also have no problem with change, I have a real problem wit the likes of you and your antifa mates forcing it down my throat!

I understand I am dealing with a strange wee man here so I will be nice.

As I've asked a couple of other simpletons who have taken your line of argument, societies once considered the use of the n word to be acceptable.

Yes they did and black people still use it freely, it is repugnant and wrong.

Wrong, black society still uses it so it has not gone away, so does the KKK c***ts!

Yet, to take your line of argument, the n word should be considered acceptable merely because it once was.

No! I know you don't know this but your line of reasoning here is stupid, warped and leading. I love the way you change the narrative to deflect from the fact you had no issues with the confederate flag on here EVER.... Until a couple of weeks ago.

Not now not ever Sid, I never used it myself, see I get one life to lead and so does everyone else, I am no better nor no worse than anyone else and to think you are somehow better than someone else based on skin colour or anything else for that matter is idiotic and dangerous.

I will continue to indulge you sid, yes the people who wanted the name word to be made unacceptable were and are correct.

Because, unless you address this, one would have to presume that you see these people as hypocrites.

The only hypocrisy I see here on a totally unrelated issue such as this comes from the fact that liberal black artists make a living of using the word 'nigger' in their so called art, also regular black people use the word and it is socially acceptable to many, if whitey does it he is a racist, even you can spot the hypocrisy surely???

Why the f**k would anyone believe that?

Just did Sid, crawl back to your safe space ked!

You don't because it blows your dimwitted bluster out of the water and exposes you for what you are - ie. people who don't take the issue of racism seriously.

I don't presume to know you, you will never know me, I notice you have not got the balls to call me and others racists when it is obvious you would love to!

I take racism very seriously, I have confronted and lost a lifelong friend because I would not stand for him droning on about hating niggers! I hate that shit, I am also very aware of the fact snowflakes like yourself want to ram stam your agenda down my throat, that does not work for me and I will never run from the likes of you, I will fight you with all I have because I find your politics disgusting, repugnant and dangerous.

How old are you Sid? You are acting like a teenager ffs!

I have a life sid, I have answered every one of your questions, some of which were horrendously framed and I have been patient, you know were I stand and I have been consistent on here for years, albeit with 99 percent of the people disagreeing with me, that is fine but you can dig for years and you will find I am a man of many flaws, the one thing you will never find is that I am a racist, that I can promise you, sorry to disappoint!

Now can the liberals please bring me someone else to debate on here, I am done with Mr Wadell, asked and answered and put to bed, nite nite Sidney.

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on August 23, 2017, 11:16:17 AM

No Sid you did not, I did not defend any flag, I have no use for any flag, you are like a child thinking he is being clever here.

Dimwit, hmmm, I asked you how long you objected to it and when did you post on here your issues with it, especially, since, um, you know, there have been issues with it since 2001.

I do, I also have no problem with change, I have a real problem wit the likes of you and your antifa mates forcing it down my throat!

Wrong, black society still uses it so it has not gone away, so does the KKK c***ts!

No! I know you don't know this but your line of reasoning here is stupid, warped and leading. I love the way you change the narrative to deflect from the fact you had no issues with the confederate flag on here EVER.... Until a couple of weeks ago.

Not now not ever Sid, I never used it myself, see I get one life to lead and so does everyone else, I am no better nor no worse than anyone else and to think you are somehow better than someone else based on skin colour or anything else for that matter is idiotic and dangerous.

I will continue to indulge you sid, yes the people who wanted the name word to be made unacceptable were and are correct.

The only hypocrisy I see here on a totally unrelated issue such as this comes from the fact that liberal black artists make a living of using the word 'nigger' in their so called art, also regular black people use the word and it is socially acceptable to many, if whitey does it he is a racist, even you can spot the hypocrisy surely???

I don't presume to know you, you will never know me, I notice you have not got the balls to call me and others racists when it is obvious you would love to!

I take racism very seriously, I have confronted and lost a lifelong friend because I would not stand for him droning on about hating niggers! I hate that shit, I am also very aware of the fact snowflakes like yourself want to ram stam your agenda down my throat, that does not work for me and I will never run from the likes of you, I will fight you with all I have because I find your politics disgusting, repugnant and dangerous.

I have a life sid, I have answered every one of your questions, some of which were horrendously framed and I have been patient, you know were I stand and I have been consistent on here for years, albeit with 99 percent of the people disagreeing with me, that is fine but you can dig for years and you will find I am a man of many flaws, the one thing you will never find is that I am a racist, that I can promise you, sorry to disappoint!

Now can the liberals please bring me someone else to debate on here, I am done with Mr Wadell, asked and answered and put to bed, nite nite Sidney.

You haven't answered my very pertinent questions.

You've had plenty of time to write utter drivel on this forum for well over a decade, so, yes, I think you've plenty of time to answer the questions.

Which you clearly can't do.

Mate.

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on August 23, 2017, 11:50:14 AM
Quote from: stew on August 23, 2017, 11:16:17 AM

You haven't answered my very pertinent questions.

You've had plenty of time to write utter drivel on this forum for well over a decade, so, yes, I think you've plenty of time to answer the questions.

Which you clearly can't do.

Mate.

I cant answer the questions siddels if you don't ask them!

What are your 'very pertinent' questions siddels? I will be happy, this one time to answer them!

Are there any very very or very very very pertinent questions I need to worry about?

What are these questions siddles that I have refused to answer over a decade?

lets have them so e can put this to bed and then I can get on with my day and get on with talking to people worth my time.

Denn Forever

At the risk of lighting a touchpaper, How was Obama care supposed to work? 

Did it mean that everyone was supposed to able to  buy health insurance?  I thought it was a form of NHS/HSE healthcare?  Was it?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 23, 2017, 12:18:48 PM

Did it mean that everyone was supposed to able to  buy health insurance?  I thought it was a form of NHS/HSE healthcare?  Was it?

I'm very out-of-the-news on this topic - what was the perceived 'problem' with the Obamacare system?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

stew

It was supposed to be Universal healthcare, everyone was supposed to have it, Obama had noble intentions but they simply ram stammed it home and promises were made that you could keep your current GP/ Neurologists to push it trough, that was not the case and Obama lied to the people.

You got fined if you did not buy insurance and the younger you were the more of the burden you were going t carry over your lifetime, in other words the young carried the old under Obamacare.

If you were unemployed and at the lower end of the financial spectrum you got help and in fairness millions did benefit from it, the insurance companies started losing money and a lot of HMO's pull the plug in certain States. it is and was a monumental undertaking however the disastrous rollout for me encapsulated the Obama Presidency in a nutshell.

The companies that did not up stakes increased their premium year over year on average 53%, depending on who you listen to, sadly I see no end to the Obamacare debacle as the Republicans are just as inept and clueless and the Dems were ad that is bad news for the American people.

easytiger95

Quote from: stew on August 23, 2017, 12:51:40 PM

It was supposed to be Universal healthcare, everyone was supposed to have it, Obama had noble intentions but they simply ram stammed it home and promises were made that you could keep your current GP/ Neurologists to push it trough, that was not the case and Obama lied to the people.

You got fined if you did not buy insurance and the younger you were the more of the burden you were going t carry over your lifetime, in other words the young carried the old under Obamacare.

If you were unemployed and at the lower end of the financial spectrum you got help and in fairness millions did benefit from it, the insurance companies started losing money and a lot of HMO's pull the plug in certain States. it is and was a monumental undertaking however the disastrous rollout for me encapsulated the Obama Presidency in a nutshell.

The companies that did not up stakes increased their premium year over year on average 53%, depending on who you listen to, sadly I see no end to the Obamacare debacle as the Republicans are just as inept and clueless and the Dems were ad that is bad news for the American people.

No it wasn't.

The fact that you are so angry at about something you clearly do not understand is the Republican voter mindset personified.

seafoid

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 23, 2017, 12:51:29 PM

I'm very out-of-the-news on this topic - what was the perceived 'problem' with the Obamacare system?
Soaring costs. Rent seeking.
the GOP were opposed to government intervention although they love government paying for prisons...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

omochain

Quote from: stew on August 23, 2017, 12:51:40 PM

If you would just read what Gabe posted you could avoid a lot of your misconceptions 😇