Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upandwin

Quote from: Cuan12 on September 18, 2019, 01:02:51 AM
Have to agree with the Carryduff contributor, Yew f king tree is one arrogant p***k , who not only probably has never kicked a ball but doesn't know if the ball is blown up or stuffed, won't matter the point won't win the SFC, could they be on the slide given their league form and I bet there are some Carryduff people that can't wait to shove this pompous dick heads words down his throat next year when these two teams meet .

You do realise this person is from Burren yes? Cuan you seem to have a serious chip on your shoulder...it's good to talk you know :)

elk

Quote from: upandwin on September 18, 2019, 01:01:57 PM
Quote from: Cuan12 on September 18, 2019, 01:02:51 AM
Have to agree with the Carryduff contributor, Yew f king tree is one arrogant p***k , who not only probably has never kicked a ball but doesn't know if the ball is blown up or stuffed, won't matter the point won't win the SFC, could they be on the slide given their league form and I bet there are some Carryduff people that can't wait to shove this pompous dick heads words down his throat next year when these two teams meet .

You do realise this person is from Burren yes? Cuan you seem to have a serious chip on your shoulder...it's good to talk you know :)
Cuan are you from loughinisland

Aristo 60

Cuan would mean roots in Kilclief surely?

Cuan12

Gentlemen ( from South down and I use this term reluctantly) from where I sit the whole county would want any body but the point to win the SFC,, a clean sweep from east down would suit fine , Darragh, Bright and Kilcoo would be good but who knows maybe the Finn will sneak in.

OgraAnDun

What about the women on the board?

Cuan12

The women on the board talk sense , they love the game and don't come out with the bias ,chip on the shoulder bullshit that pours out of the point camp ,

Ed Hardy

Was looking at the programme from burren v kilcoo game, how many players kilcoo missing? Darragh O Hanlon and Ryan Johnson both injured, What about C.Doherty, Aaron Morgan, JJ Mclaughlin, Paul Greenan, McGreevey? All injured?

Ambrose

A quarter of a century ago today, we won our fifth All Ireland senior title. I wonder what odds you would have got leaving Croke Park on that damp Sunday evening that we wouldn't win another Ulster, never mind another All Ireland over the next 25 years.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

snoopdog

Quote from: Ambrose on September 18, 2019, 09:54:26 PM
A quarter of a century ago today, we won our fifth All Ireland senior title. I wonder what odds you would have got leaving Croke Park on that damp Sunday evening that we wouldn't win another Ulster, never mind another All Ireland over the next 25 years.
Yep the county failed miserably to build on the success of 2 all ireland titles. It's as if they just thought it would happen. Those 25 years went by quickly. And we are no closer now to competing to win a provincial never mind an all Ireland. We will prob be in a new B/intermediate championship next year.

champion1981

Quote from: Ed Hardy on September 18, 2019, 09:27:19 PM
Was looking at the programme from burren v kilcoo game, how many players kilcoo missing? Darragh O Hanlon and Ryan Johnson both injured, What about C.Doherty, Aaron Morgan, JJ Mclaughlin, Paul Greenan, McGreevey? All injured?
from what I've heard all long term injuries, big enough hole in any panel let alone from small village, and still competing for championship, think with all that said they still have enough to take burren on sat night

upandwin

Maybe it's a play on the word ciúin (quiet)...which would be quite ironic...that being said I don't think you have much to worry about Cuan, point won't win it (Think they've a very strong 15 but not much to bring on). Burren will walk it...Ballholland only team that can challenge them from what I've seen and that's out of sheer tenacity...Kilcoo have missed their chance

Cuan12

Don't know upandwin, you could be right about Ballyholland, they are dogged , committed and coming into a bit of form at the right time, Kilcoo may have too much for Burren, and if that's the case then it's theirs to win with Ballyholland possibly facing them in the final. The wannabe s from that supposed sporting hub have no chance , if they aren't careful they could be dragged into a relegation play off and wouldn't that be terrible - not

PTC

ballyholland had a great win on Sunday night,, a pitch like burren would of suited them and they could be opened up a bit more in Newry for the semi final, still think kilcoo will beat burren even with all the injuries

thebar

Quote from: upandwin on September 19, 2019, 02:52:45 PM
Maybe it's a play on the word ciúin (quiet)...which would be quite ironic...that being said I don't think you have much to worry about Cuan, point won't win it (Think they've a very strong 15 but not much to bring on). Burren will walk it...Ballholland only team that can challenge them from what I've seen and that's out of sheer tenacity...Kilcoo have missed their chance

Big statement!! me thinking it might be the other way round!

terrifictommy

Anyone who seen that first game would agree with you thebar.
Would love a free flowing game without the niggles and complaints about the man in the middle. That way we might actually seen some football, Kilcoo threatened in small patches to do that.