The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I thought the Pompey fans chanting - "Channel 5 - you're laughing a laugh/You won the league in Black and White" at the Spuds fans much wittier.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on March 26, 2008, 09:51:12 AM
I thought the Pompey fans chanting - "Channel 5 - you're laughing a laugh/You won the league in Black and White" at the Spuds fans much wittier.

Tomorrow's headlines...   ONeill in typo Shocker!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: T Fearon on March 26, 2008, 09:41:43 AM
(I acquired a classy Wembley Spurs Carling Cup Final tee shirt for £9.99 only in Sport Scene in Carnaby Street on Saturday morning...

They on sale already? Or is that your just your size?

passedit

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 26, 2008, 09:42:52 AM
Tony, I see you're back at work, do you not have a computer at home anymore?

I think a certain young lady may have the parental control set to maximum on the home computer TYP

Tony's official statement on the matter here

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vcPMKD8GFkI
Don't Panic

charlie stubbs

where would robinson be in the spurs pecking order if james no 4...

Old Bill

Nothin match wit the toon this sun.  What use all think?  Good to hear Juande saying he wants to keep hold of berbatov.  Great to see bent finally show somethin of what he is capable against portsmouth.  I hear in some quarters that were linked wit robben and ronaldiniho with roobben being the most realistic option there by far!  With defensive midfielders needed at spurs, what about gilberto silva from the gooners?  On the keeper situ, any1 know hos far ben alnwick is away from robbo at the minute?

T Fearon

Keeping Berbatov is absolutely vital. I had an opportunity to watch at close hand his contribution last Saturday and the guy is amazing. Had a perfectly good goal disallowed and his first touch is superb. What puzzled me last Saturday was the abuse meted out to Malbranque, which started when his name was read out on the team sheet and continued with every touch of the ball. Sure he's not the best player ever to wear a Spurs jersey and he was diabolical against Seville last year, but whats the point in the constant abuse?

Also, Lennon has gone off the boil big time. His crossing last week was atrocious. Undoubtedly Woodgate has been  a good acquisition, and the improvement in Dawson's confidence was noticeable as well. Can't see much of a future for Kaboul.

Another thing which struck me last week was  the conditioning of the players. I have never seen a fitter more physically hones Spurs team. Zokora looks like a collossus.

We owe the Toon a good hiding as we've been on the wrong end of a few heavy defeates from the quarter since the mid 90s. With the pressure off I expect Spurs to collect three more points and plunge the magpies into further relegation trouble.

cavan4ever

Quote from: T Fearon on March 28, 2008, 11:23:33 AMWhat puzzled me last Saturday was the abuse meted out to Malbranque, which started when his name was read out on the team sheet and continued with every touch of the ball. Sure he's not the best player ever to wear a Spurs jersey and he was diabolical against Seville last year, but whats the point in the constant abuse?

Wasn't at game but from watching spurs games on t.v are the fans not shouting steeeeeeeeed when he touches the ball.  I though he was a  fans favourite because he is a hard working player.

T Fearon

cavan4ever

Old Bill

spurs fans are unhappy wit steed due to his failure to take a penalty against psv when he had already scored 11 penalties in the premier during his time at fulham!  fair point! 
if there was a gate at WHL lennon would run out it.  The lad is full of runnin but his crosses and distribution are diabolical!
hope the spurs can beat the magpies!  i have never really recovered from that 7-somethin defeat in the late 90s!

T Fearon

There was also a 6-1 FA Cup replay defeat in 1999/2000, after we had slaughtered them at the Lane in the first match but only drew. Must be the only time a George Graham team conceded 6 goals ;D

passedit

Quote from: cavan4ever on March 28, 2008, 11:41:14 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 28, 2008, 11:23:33 AMWhat puzzled me last Saturday was the abuse meted out to Malbranque, which started when his name was read out on the team sheet and continued with every touch of the ball. Sure he's not the best player ever to wear a Spurs jersey and he was diabolical against Seville last year, but whats the point in the constant abuse?

Wasn't at game but from watching spurs games on t.v are the fans not shouting steeeeeeeeed when he touches the ball.  I though he was a  fans favourite because he is a hard working player.

I was at a corporate do at the eufa match there recently and like tony thought they were booing him. My host who goes every week gave me the same explanation as cavan4ever. Still it sounded like booing to me.

BTW the hospitality was near as bad as the match (Chillie con school dinners carne my arse)
Don't Panic

full back

Quote from: passedit on March 28, 2008, 12:31:15 PM
BTW the hospitality was near as bad as the match (Chillie con school dinners carne my arse)

What did you expect? A pork dinner ;)

passedit

Now now Full Back, no stereotypes here please.

Miserable frickers dissappeared the drink as well 15 mins before kick off and nowt then till after the final whistle. WTF ye'd need to be well tanked to watch thon shite.
Don't Panic