The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 14, 2013, 09:43:26 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 14, 2013, 09:22:43 PM
It's a really unfair rule, that away goal rule stands in extra-time. It's not like the Italians had the opporunity of playing one of the extra-time halves in White Heart Lane.

No, i think it's a fair rule. After all the away team are away, so thus it's an away goal.

Plus the away team had to play an extra half hour away from home.
That was never a square ball!!

T Fearon

FC Basle! As good as in the semi finals! ;D

Great to get back to Holland for a major final, the setting in 1974 of the UEFA Cup Final, one of the few finals ever lost by a Spurs team. Needs to be put right! ;)

nrico2006

The away goal rule should be done away with, very unfair.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stew

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 15, 2013, 03:18:47 PM

I think it is great up until the end of the ninety minutes in the second leg, at that point it is a distinct disadvantage to the team playing at home in the second leg.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

tommysmith

Quote from: stew on March 15, 2013, 04:43:02 PM

I think it is great up until the end of the ninety minutes in the second leg, at that point it is a distinct disadvantage to the team playing at home in the second leg.

The team playing at home has an extra 30 minutes at home, that is hardly fair on the away team?

ONeill

Interesting that Berb's goal came from cocking up a chance.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ranch

Was the semi final draw for the Europa League made after the quarter final draw? Also, same question in relation the the CL too?

T Fearon

Yes.Both draws took place last Friday.

AFS

Quote from: ranch on March 18, 2013, 01:10:30 AM
Was the semi final draw for the Europa League made after the quarter final draw? Also, same question in relation the the CL too?

No and no. 12 April.

stew

Quote from: tommysmith on March 15, 2013, 04:45:04 PM
Quote from: stew on March 15, 2013, 04:43:02 PM

The team playing at home has an extra 30 minutes at home, that is hardly fair on the away team?

True but if the away team score the homers have to score twice to advance, and that after the actual game was tied at the end of two normal times.

Straight to penos is the only cure, at the end of 90 minutes in the second leg, if tied they take penalties straight away, that would be good  tv.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

T Fearon

Wheels back on! Crucial three points today in a very difficult away fixture.Keeps the Goons at bay and Chelsea continuing to implode!

An Gaeilgoir

7 points and the Semis from the next 5 games, that would be great.......did anyone hear AVB, Shouting "believe, believe" when we were getting destroyed in the last 5 minutes........ 8)

T Fearon

Hopefully put Basle to bed in the first leg this week.

T Fearon

Desperately disappointing tonight.So reminiscent of the home leg UEFA Cup Qtr Final against Seville in 2007 when the concession of two goals in quick succession proved fatal.Bale stretchered off doesn't look good either :'(