The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Easy win for Spurs tonight!  Will go joint top with a win against Wolves on Saturday.  COME ON YOU SPURS!!!
Keep 'er lit

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Agent Orange

thewobbler

I'll take 2 deflections every week thanks O Neill.

Young Livermore played a blinder tonight. It's nice to see a Spurs team so settled that youngsters can settle in.

Orangemac

Spurs don't seem to be playing as exciting football as they were last year but they have shown great consistency after a poor start to the season.

Defence seems to be more solid, how many mistakes has Friedel made is year compared to Gomes in the past and King has played more games this year.

Still can't seem them winning the title but it looks like they are nailed on for thier best season since Clive Allen hit 49 goals in 1986-87. Pity for them that Redknapp will be gone next year though.

ONeill

Quote from: Orangemac on January 11, 2012, 11:08:42 PM
Pity for them that Redknapp will be gone next year though.

Sharing meals with Bronson.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Orangemac on January 11, 2012, 11:08:42 PM
Spurs don't seem to be playing as exciting football as they were last year but they have shown great consistency after a poor start to the season.

Defence seems to be more solid, how many mistakes has Friedel made is year compared to Gomes in the past and King has played more games this year.

Still can't seem them winning the title but it looks like they are nailed on for thier best season since Clive Allen hit 49 goals in 1986-87. Pity for them that Redknapp will be gone next year though.

Motoring along nicely defence has tightened up since last year and Friedel has been a great addition . Talk that they are interested in Samba who would be a good buy imo
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

screenexile

Do you think Spurs are looking at a Leeds situation. Harry and Levy have embarked on a but of an expensive projest over the last while and although a top four finish will guarantee CL football again can the Club keep affording to pay their increasing wage bill and Harry's Wish list??!

thewobbler

I wouldn't think there's many comparisons with Spurs and Leeds. Spurs of now still haven't spent the £18m fee for a single player that Leeds paid for Ferdinand a decade ago. Spurs also aren't paying £70k a week for Seth Johnson to warm a bench; there's maybe 3 players at the club on anything around that wage and they're all first choice. 

Levy and Redknapp also made a conscious decision in the past 18 months to trim the fat from the squad - Hutton, Keane, Palacios, Crouch, Bentley - and fill out the squad with youngsters. The new buying policy is first team players and young players of potential only i.e there's no big wages outside the first 16-17.

Next season will be interesting; Bale and Modric are sought by every top team in Europe, while Walker, Kaboul, Sandro, VDV and Ekotto will be on the radars of many top sides. So bigger wages will be required. Adebayor is essential to the system and must be bought.

But Levy is almost a cartoon character in his Jewishness, and you can be sure he has prudent plans in place. I'm guessing Kranjcar, Dos Santos, Pav, Jenas, Gallas, Gomes and Corluka will all be put out to roost, and their wages channelled to the first team, with CL earnings used to buy and wage youngsters.

thewobbler

Bale voted onto UEFA's team of the year, only player from an English club.

He keeps pretty exalted company seeing as a bunch of GAA heads think he's no better than Walcott.

Denn Forever

I don't think anyone would say a player is no better than Walcott.  Walcott has a lot to improve and prove.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

muppet

Quote from: thewobbler on January 18, 2012, 02:37:16 PM

He keeps pretty exalted company seeing as a bunch of GAA heads think he's no better than Walcott.

Zinedine Kilbane said Walcott was the best midfielder of his generation so he did.
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

Quote from: thewobbler on January 18, 2012, 02:37:16 PM

Was a fan vote other options were Eden Hazard,Di Maria,Mata & Young.