You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Obviously there is lots about the daily rail commute that grinds the gears...

What is the story with people who just must sit on the outside seat? Train packed, you spot a free seat on the inside close to the window. You approach the person on the outside seat about letting you sit down (sometimes they have decided that their bags deserve the other seat more than a human does).  They get up and let you get past them to sit on the inside so they can keep the precious outside seat for some reason. I don't really understand it.

sambostar

Quote from: lurganblue on November 07, 2019, 12:12:46 PM

What is the story with people who just must sit on the outside seat? Train packed, you spot a free seat on the inside close to the window. You approach the person on the outside seat about letting you sit down (sometimes they have decided that their bags deserve the other seat more than a human does).  They get up and let you get past them to sit on the inside so they can keep the precious outside seat for some reason. I don't really understand it.
Yes and it's a pain in the boll0x if you're standing behind the person trying to get into the window seat as you then have to wait while the spare seats on the train are filled by people coming from the other direction. It's just pure ignorance from the people sitting in the outside seat

Eamonnca1

You press the button to open the train door. Someone standing at the same door reaches out to press the button on their side. WTF is up with that? Have they no faith in my ability to press the button?

trileacman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 07, 2019, 10:17:49 PM
You press the button to open the train door. Someone standing at the same door reaches out to press the button on their side. WTF is up with that? Have they no faith in my ability to press the button?
Obviously not.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

illdecide

I do that saan :D...but have a hip that needs replacing and need to stretch the leg out (at least i have an excuse). In fairness i do stand mostly
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

As you're passing stand on their shoes, it really pisses them off and say sorry! Just to rub it in.. Must say got the train in today (major fcuk up on the shore rd) and I really should be using it more often!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2019, 09:33:21 AM

As you're passing stand on their shoes, it really pisses them off and say sorry! Just to rub it in.. Must say got the train in today (major fcuk up on the shore rd) and I really should be using it more often!

Great idea. That'll be banked for the next time  :D

Quote from: illdecide on November 08, 2019, 09:30:44 AM

I do that saan :D...but have a hip that needs replacing and need to stretch the leg out (at least i have an excuse). In fairness i do stand mostly

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 07, 2019, 10:17:49 PM

Usually commuters bursting for cigarette.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

maddog

It's the ones that step off the train and then stop dead on the platform to start reading phones. Nah there are only 50 people trying to get off behind you don't worry yourself.
Also i've noticed a thing particularly with young ones in Birmingham. Normally when a train rolls in the people on the platform stand aside to leave those trying to disembark get off. And they are usually queued up waiting to do so. I've noticed some of the young ones won't be waiting to get off. They only get out of their seat to do so when everyone else is trying to get on. Basically being an awkward p***k. Does that happen anywhere else ?

Ambrose

An Taoiseach or the minister for justice didn't bother showing up for this funeral, but they really should have. Someone is going to have to take steps to ensure that people with serious mental health problems get the help they deserve and aren't sent to prison instead.
f**k the judge that sent the mother of two young boys to prison because she didn't have €100 bail money on a public order charge. May you burn in hell. May your last days be spent in the emergency department of Mullingar hospital, the same E.D. that discharged a vulnerable young woman back into the care of the Gardai. f**k the same Gardai who drove you to the womens prison. f**k the Prison Service who allowed you to be locked up alone and afraid. f**k the screws who didn't check on you every 15 minutes and f**k the people who didn't tell them to do so, it was a Friday evening, maybe they were all in a rush home. f**k everyone who follows orders or just does their jobs without actually caring about other human beings.

Rest in Peace Monika Nawrat. Lessons will of course be learned, we've heard it all before.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/funeral-of-woman-who-died-after-prison-suicide-attempt-told-of-love-and-beauty-1.4076683
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Boycey

Colour coded weather warnings!!!!

Especially the f**king yellow ones, there is currently a Yellow weather warning, it's cold so theres a chance of Frost and ice and maybe a little snow. No shit Sherlock it's called cold weather for a reason.

My woman is convinced it's Armageddon and I've to drive to the airport now

armaghniac

Yellow means it might freeze. It does that a lot in December and January. Worth knowing, but not a cause for panic.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

under the bar

Pens/biros that skip. Almost as annoying as f**king Liverpool fans!  Both pure cuntss!!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: under the bar on December 15, 2019, 12:37:21 AM
Pens/biros that skip. Almost as annoying as f**king Liverpool fans!  Both pure cuntss!!
Easier to find a good pen than a RS fan that isn't a tit