muppet

Quote from: tyssam5 on February 24, 2015, 06:34:28 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 24, 2015, 06:20:45 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 24, 2015, 05:17:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 24, 2015, 03:43:51 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 24, 2015, 03:38:54 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 24, 2015, 01:49:05 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on February 24, 2015, 01:29:30 PM
If he had been an innocent bystander(and it sounds like he wasn't) it would have been fine for him not to get involved. Of course, I think we should all try to help if we see someone in distress, but he's perfectly entitled to put his own safety first. He could have a family to support. I think it'd be different if he was still an active police officer. And I don't think his role as a director of a human rights organisation obliges him to act as a vigilante wherever he sees discrimination and injustice.

Obviously the right thing to do is to get involved and I'd love to think I'd have had the courage to stand up for that man if I'd been there.

I am the type to open my mouth before engaging my brain, but the prospect taking on a bunch of football hooligans might help me keep my mouth shut. I hope.
Is that the only choice of action that comes to your mind?
How about  saying something, or just simply leaving the train to stand with the target on the platform?
Anyway  standing up for somebody in that situation, you don't think about it you would just do what fits.

Have you been in the company of a bunch of football hooligans?
Thats not answering my question
Is direct confrontation the only option that comes to your mind?
Considering the shadow of this trained ruc killer, loomed large across the train carriage, I doubt if words by him telling those midgets  to back off and leave the gentleman alone ,would have resulted in carnage.
And if that fear would loom large in his head, he had the option of leaving the carriage, the company he was keeping and express his solidarity with the passenger by standing alongside him on the station platform, also seeing as he abhors racism this would be an entirely doable action  even if he was a fearful lad like yourself.

One time I came to the aid of a distressed woman who was being robbed by 4 people on the tube in London. I'd consider that to be a more threatening situation than standing up to a few yobs  chanting some racist jibes.
So I don't accept this man's excuses, the sincerity of his apology or the validity of his credentials, he did not perform any action to distance himself from those yobs, his words carry no effect now.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fair play for standing up against 4 men, who were probably concerned others would join in with you.

But there is no comparison whatsoever in standing up to a bunch of thugs, knowing that if anyone joins in it will be to kick you in the head.

Is this point not moot?

Does the video not clearly show him shoving the guy off the train and then positioning himself at the front preventing him reboarding?

You are correct, but see post #35 above.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

I stopped a thug from stealing a car on the Falls road years ago, at school I stood up to the year bully and went toe to toe with him, I remember chasing two fecking wee hoods down the street with my hurl when they were trying to break into a neighbours house.

This ex RUC police officer is a twat, of that I've no doubt (most Carrick men are) I'd have known fine rightly what he was at and joined in regardless. Hopefully his pleas of innocents falls on deaf ears...

Now regardless of whether he joined in or not, there is not a chance I'd stand up to a bunch of thugs on a tube in Paris!! fecking bad enough in rush hour those tubes without a bunch of hoods on them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

leaveherinsir

I would say he is going to go for the " i pushed him off for his own safety" angle. But really can you take anyone seriously who on one hand claims to abhor racism and on the other supports Chelsea?

brokencrossbar1

It's quite clear that he is an active participant in the physical side of things and what I can say from a thing or two I know it's not surprising.  If he was so concerned about his own safety of he stood up to them then he could have stepped back but he was quite happy to be at the forefront of the baying mob. Pretty much a case of 'if it walks like a duck...'

Tony Baloney

Plenty of heroes on here. A pity yiz weren't in Paris  :P

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 24, 2015, 09:34:00 PM
Just because you're a shrinking yellow coward like muppet, you like to  brainlessly jeer without reading the actual content of the thread. :P
The hypothetical defence offered here on behalf of this fat ex ruc giant, was that he was too intimidated by a few skinny retard  chelsea fans  to protect the commuter from racist abuse and from being thrown off the train.
It's quite obvious that this trained killer could have easily looked after himself, he's effin 3 times the size of the other chelsea fans.
And its quite obvious that if this ex ruc man was so abhorred (as he loudly protested) by racism,  he could have simply stepped off the train to offer his solidarity.
But it appears cowards like yourself and Muppet would be too intimated to even  consider that simple act of solidarity with the beleaguered commuter,  Souleymane Sylla.
It is quite clear that this ex ruc man was not at all intimidated into doing nothing, in fact he can be seen aggressively pushing the commuter twice, from the train to the platform.  He now bizarrely claims
"People behind me were pushing and he was pushed back off,"
"He never attempted to see if there was more room in any of the other carriages.
(blaming  Souleymane Sylla for the incident)
"He was pushed off simply because the carriage was full, no other reason. It had nothing to do with the colour of his skin."

Probably now he needs a solicitor to defend himself against criminal charges, he can only hope that his solicitor does not offer the Muppet defence,  in that case, for sure he would go down.

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on March 11, 2015, 06:24:20 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 24, 2015, 09:34:00 PM
Just because you're a shrinking yellow coward like muppet, you like to  brainlessly jeer without reading the actual content of the thread. :P
The hypothetical defence offered here on behalf of this fat ex ruc giant, was that he was too intimidated by a few skinny retard  chelsea fans  to protect the commuter from racist abuse and from being thrown off the train.
It's quite obvious that this trained killer could have easily looked after himself, he's effin 3 times the size of the other chelsea fans.
And its quite obvious that if this ex ruc man was so abhorred (as he loudly protested) by racism,  he could have simply stepped off the train to offer his solidarity.
But it appears cowards like yourself and Muppet would be too intimated to even  consider that simple act of solidarity with the beleaguered commuter,  Souleymane Sylla.
It is quite clear that this ex ruc man was not at all intimidated into doing nothing, in fact he can be seen aggressively pushing the commuter twice, from the train to the platform.  He now bizarrely claims
"People behind me were pushing and he was pushed back off,"
"He never attempted to see if there was more room in any of the other carriages.
(blaming  Souleymane Sylla for the incident)
"He was pushed off simply because the carriage was full, no other reason. It had nothing to do with the colour of his skin."

Probably now he needs a solicitor to defend himself against criminal charges, he can only hope that his solicitor does not offer the Muppet defence,  in that case, for sure he would go down.

Dear God,

Please let Main Street have the opportunity to show his abundant manliness and bollock a bunch of misbehaving football hooligans on how to act while they are misbehaving. If it pleases you further, could you make sure it is all recorded and posted to youtube.com? (you know, the video site named after Tony Fearon).

Yours faithfully,

Muppet.
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Chelsea fans guilty over Paris Metro racism
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/former-ruc-officer-among-four-chelsea-fans-found-guilty-over-racist-incident-on-paris-train-35338867.html

Thankfully the french courts have not been as gullible as some members here such as Muppet and Baloney who by default supported the pot bellied ex-RUC man's account of his actions on that fateful night in Paris. The french court poured scorn on the giant trained killer's account that he was too intimidated to help the hapless commuter Souleymane Sylla, that he was not aggressively pushing him off the train onto the platform and found him guilty along with the three miserable looking runts.

shyted