Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

NAG1

Whats the thoughts on Matic?

Serious money for a holding midfielder but I guess that is the market this season.

take_yer_points

Quote from: NAG1 on July 31, 2017, 12:07:15 PM
Whats the thoughts on Matic?

Serious money for a holding midfielder but I guess that is the market this season.

Signing confirmed, 3 year contract

dclane

Shit on a stick but United's signings have been rather  underwhelming this summer.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

He'll do a decent job but will be on the wane in 2-3 years.  All part of Mourinho's short term strategy.

Boycey

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 31, 2017, 07:00:22 PM
He'll do a decent job but will be on the wane in 2-3 years.  All part of Mourinho's short term strategy.

Mourinho has bought 6 players for United so far including a pair of 22 year old centre backs, a 23 year old midfielder and a 24 year old centre forward.. short term strategy me bollix.

yellowcard

Next seasons side must be one of the tallest in the clubs history. Set pieces shouldn't be an issue anyway.

screenexile

Quote from: yellowcard on July 31, 2017, 08:04:27 PM
Next seasons side must be one of the tallest in the clubs history. Set pieces shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Most expensive too . . . United no longer able to look down their nose at other clubs spending!!!

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 31, 2017, 05:58:03 PM
Decent squad player

Guaranteed starter week in week out in the patented Mourinho back 6

Captain Obvious

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2017, 10:59:26 PM

Most expensive too . . . United no longer able to look down their nose at other clubs spending!!!
Over paid for most of those players because Ed Woodward hasn't a clue. At least the money spent doesn't come from a sugar daddy which is the case with neighbours Manchester City.

Milltown Row2

Why would anybody give out about the spending? Stupid in the extreme, none of the players in the EPL or any other league are worth the money paid to them...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

I find the spending in the EPL a real turn off. I hope Spurs come through and beat the lot of them to the title this year. It is ridiculous in the extreme when I find myself wanting a club that still pays 30m for players to win a league because they appear to have more emphasis on building sensibly relatively speaking.

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on July 31, 2017, 10:59:26 PM

United spending their own money though.  Still, City have spent a lot more than the rest this summer again.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stew

60 nicker to watch man utd in Dublin this week, 25 to watch gaelic games from the hill this week, eighty thousand will be on hand in croker, I know the professional get paid a ton of money but to be charging 60 quid in to a friendly is ripping the dick out of it, especially since an infinitely better product is being served at HQ.

I was talking to a mate last night who is going to both, he reckons a weeks wages will be spent on these games this week, that to me is insanity in the extreme.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.