Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Quote from: GlenMan on April 10, 2015, 05:21:57 PM
Fergal Logan sent out an email to Club's today. I got forwarded a copy of the email-

A Chairde,

The Tyrone U-21 Management did request a postponement of all this weekend's Fixtures involving Panel members.  We believe that in order to give this group of players the best opportunity to fulfil their potential for All-Ireland success, in seven days' time, they should not be involved in competitive League fixtures.  Each player on the Panel has prepared diligently to date and has represented their Club and County with honour and pride.  All of their work in reaching the All-Ireland semi-final  would undoubtedly be put at risk by involvement in competitive League action this weekend.

Accordingly, we respectfully request that they do not play this weekend.  We are most conscious of the Clubs' predicament also, however we are required, in all of the circumstances, to attempt to reach the most balanced position.

Thank you.

Le Meas,

Feargal Logan     
Brian Dooher       
Peter Canavan.

Interesting to say the least. The CCC have ignored the thoughts of the U21 management.

Knock Yer Mucker In

As I have been saying the club championship should be played in August, especially since anyone who knows this game knows Tyrone won't make the semis. Players who have not got heir place on the county team know their club championship is around the corner with only three games they are allowed to be involved in. Clearly these lads aren't stupid, bet your life is club championship was in August they wouldn't have left, the CCC have made a complete balls of it. I seen it coming, told you.

longballin

If the back door was gone it would solve it... it is just a fundraiser ££££... too many uneven games

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GlenMan on April 10, 2015, 05:21:57 PM
Fergal Logan sent out an email to Club's today. I got forwarded a copy of the email-

A Chairde,

The Tyrone U-21 Management did request a postponement of all this weekend's Fixtures involving Panel members.  We believe that in order to give this group of players the best opportunity to fulfil their potential for All-Ireland success, in seven days' time, they should not be involved in competitive League fixtures.  Each player on the Panel has prepared diligently to date and has represented their Club and County with honour and pride.  All of their work in reaching the All-Ireland semi-final  would undoubtedly be put at risk by involvement in competitive League action this weekend.

Accordingly, we respectfully request that they do not play this weekend.  We are most conscious of the Clubs' predicament also, however we are required, in all of the circumstances, to attempt to reach the most balanced position.

Thank you.

Le Meas,

Feargal Logan     
Brian Dooher       
Peter Canavan.

Interesting to say the least. The CCC have ignored the thoughts of the U21 management.

So what changed from 6 weeks back when the fixtures were made? It stated that if Tyrone won Ulster they'd have the games Saturday. Clubs have moved games to the Saturday to suit the U21 side, boys have taken a few hours off their work on a Saturday, and now it was pointless.

Not a ball kicked and Clubs are getting shafted already.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Red Hand Man

Heard the latest everyone?  Hate to say I told you so but........

GlenMan

Quote from: Red Hand Man on April 10, 2015, 11:06:46 PM

???  ??? What's happened now?

Red Hand Man

Quote from: Red Hand Man on April 10, 2015, 01:51:27 PM
Surely in light of the fixture debacle which currently exists, the timing of the championship for the end of May needs to be urgently revised.  Clubs are looking at a situation where they may have only 3 league games with a full panel available.
This weekend's games see teams having to field without their under 21 contingent.  The management told these boys that they were forbidden from playing with their clubs in the first league game of the year.  I will make a prediction that they will hold a training session to coincide with the games to really hammer home the point.

The Trap

I feel that the under 21 management have missed a trick here.........imagine if they sent a statement like this "we are proud of the achievement of the under 21 squad during the week and are looking forward immensely to taking on Roscommon next week. We ask the Gaa public of Tyrone to come out in support of the team in Sligo on Saturday. We are very appreciative of the access we have been given to these players by the clubs and would not stand in the way of the opening round of league fixtures this weekend. Good luck to all involved and we look forward to another successful day next weekend".
That would have united the county in support of the team.

Red Hand Man

Whilst simultaneously risking the health of every member of their panel?  Do you understand what it takes to win at this level of competition?

The Trap

Yes.......it takes clubs to look after players from they are 6years of age, people giving their time to make them the best they can be so they can represent the club they love when they are old enough.......you obviously think these players magically appear on the scene?

bmr

Tyrone u21 game in sligo now at six o'clock

Red Hand Man

Good grief, have you any concept of what I've been talking about on this today?

It is my abhorrence on how clubs are being treated that drove me to post on here.

The under 21 management have acted as anyone would in their position.

The problem lies elsewhere.  No foresight in fixture planning, both nationally and locally.  And worse, a determination to push through league games because if they aren't played it questions whether the championship can go ahead in May. And if that doesn't happen, then the current advantage enjoyed by some clubs would be negated come August.

It's so obvious it's painful.

sam03/05

The most important game in Tyrone football this year is next week against Roscommon.
It would be a massive boost to get to an Under 21 final.
Club games could easily be played a different weekend, will it really make a difference in the grand scheme of things? There is plenty of weeks to play them. There will in all likelyhood be one chance to reach an All Ireland Final this year and that is next weekend.
The U21 management deserve a weekend to work with their squad and prepare for it properly. Play a round of club games on a Friday or Wednesday evening some night in May or June.

The Beard

Quote from: sam03/05 on April 11, 2015, 12:25:06 AM
The most important game in Tyrone football this year is next week against Roscommon.
It would be a massive boost to get to an Under 21 final.
Club games could easily be played a different weekend, will it really make a difference in the grand scheme of things? There is plenty of weeks to play them. There will in all likelyhood be one chance to reach an All Ireland Final this year and that is next weekend.
The U21 management deserve a weekend to work with their squad and prepare for it properly. Play a round of club games on a Friday or Wednesday evening some night in May or June.

such an insulting post to any club player sam. obvious your one of these county supporters that would rarely attend club game if this is your attitude. course it matters when its played. teams all round the county have preparing for this date for 3 months, players have changed work and schedules to make and now your saying it doesn't matter?

can anyone explain to me why the games have been changed to Saturday? i know initially it was too allow for 6 day rule before roscommon game but the under 21s aren't going to play anyway so why bother changing it and messing up plans and arrangements players have made. surely would've been logical to keep it on sunday?

rrhf

Quote from: GlenMan on April 10, 2015, 11:12:20 PM
Quote from: Red Hand Man on April 10, 2015, 11:06:46 PM

???  ??? What's happened now?
yes please elaborate.