Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugh the root

Some day soon you will come out in support of Hugh the Brave;unless of course you are a part of McLaughlins sect? what has tyrone won in the past 5 years? Forget about mckenna cups as they are not any better than challenge matches . SOME day...........it 'll all come out!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: EC Unique on August 05, 2014, 10:27:27 PM
Quote from: Carmenalways on August 05, 2014, 10:25:25 PM
I was stateside. Ciaran grogan in nets.  Allison McElroy mcgarrity. Conlon Monroe loughran. Ronan grogan and travers (black carded after 10 mins). Gormley fox mcelduff. Donaghy Fullerton and conlon. Super performance. Score line doesn't reflect there dominance. Errigal got a goal with 3 minutes of injury time played.

Super performance?

They were just a little bit less shite than us. 2 poor teams.

Hardly surprising   ::)

NDA

McLaughlin did an excellent job as Youth Officer and with CCC. When he was in charge of fixtures they ran very well. Unfortunately he has been hopeless as Chair. The dinosaurs in the county board didn't want him and when he tried to change things they rebelled against him. In effect he became a puppet with no power or authority. His term is up this year and I would guess he is glad to get out of the job.
The county is being run by the dinosaurs behind the scences. Eugene McConnell is another member of that gang. His appointment is a disaster for the county and sums up all the problems we have.
The county board is controlled by men that are dragging the county down but unfortunately no good forward looking people will get involved with them.

EC Unique

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 06, 2014, 10:37:55 AM
I was stateside. Ciaran grogan in nets.  Allison McElroy mcgarrity. Conlon Monroe loughran. Ronan grogan and travers (black carded after 10 mins). Gormley fox mcelduff. Donaghy Fullerton and conlon. Super performance. Score line doesn't reflect there dominance. Errigal got a goal with 3 minutes of injury time played.

Super performance?

Were you at the game?

hugh the root

Quote from: NDA on August 06, 2014, 10:56:11 AM
McLaughlin did an excellent job as Youth Officer and with CCC. When he was in charge of fixtures they ran very well. Unfortunately he has been hopeless as Chair. The dinosaurs in the county board didn't want him and when he tried to change things they rebelled against him. In effect he became a puppet with no power or authority. His term is up this year and I would guess he is glad to get out of the job.
The county is being run by the dinosaurs behind the scences. Eugene McConnell is another member of that gang. His appointment is a disaster for the county and sums up all the problems we have.
The county board is controlled by men that are dragging the county down but unfortunately no good forward looking people will get involved with them.
I am really glad to see that one other person can see the shite that's within the county board!As I said before on many occasions we will not be a force again until all this slurry is dispersed! I d love to hear how much money was spent this year on team training, bonding, feeding etc

sam03/05

Eugene McConnell in charge of coaching in Tyrone lol!
Sums up just about everything that is wrong with Tyrone Football at the minute.

Of all the coaches in the county, former players, men of 03/05/08 there must have been a better person to approach for that job!!

bigtogs

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 06, 2014, 11:29:35 AM
Eugene McConnell in charge of coaching in Tyrone lol!
Sums up just about everything that is wrong with Tyrone Football at the minute.

Of all the coaches in the county, former players, men of 03/05/08 there must have been a better person to approach for that job!!
no else in for the job and it  had to be filled... from what i heard peter donnelly withdrew due to being under contract with cavan and they where reluctant to let him double job with another county....suppose the lack of interest tells you what way we are at the minute...

NDA

No decent person will get involved with county board until the old guard are removed. These old men have been there too long and are out of date dictators. McCaughey, Bradley, Harkin, Magee, Nelis need to stand aside. Clubs need to stop sending the same idiots every year as County Committee delegates. Clubs at the minute are just sending the clowns they want rid off themselves to these meetings, old boys that they don't want in any job in the club. Petsey Kennedy is a perfect example. How can these clowns be allowed to make decisions for the county.

Under Lights

Quote from: EC Unique on August 06, 2014, 11:06:54 AM

Super performance?

Were you at the game?

EC give us the Errigal team there.

hugh the root

Quote from: NDA on August 06, 2014, 12:32:29 PM
No decent person will get involved with county board until the old guard are removed. These old men have been there too long and are out of date dictators. McCaughey, Bradley, Harkin, Magee, Nelis need to stand aside. Clubs need to stop sending the same idiots every year as County Committee delegates. Clubs at the minute are just sending the clowns they want rid off themselves to these meetings, old boys that they don't want in any job in the club. Petsey Kennedy is a perfect example. How can these clowns be allowed to make decisions for the county.
what about the wee baldy hoor out of benny hill aka jimmy o'neill from the CHC committee what an advertisement for gaelic games in tyrone!

The Bearded One

If the rumours about new coaching officer are true then we have become an embarrassment.

I think Big Togs is correct in saying no one else wanted the role, therefore they have approached someone who they knew would jump at the opportunity. The likes of Ciaran McBride, Ciaran Gourley or Brian McGuckin (just to name 3) who are involved in the schools and coaching every day would have been ideal candidates but if the desire isn't there then what can be done?

As for the make up of the County Committee NDA, why don't you put yourself forward at your AGM this year and start the ball rolling. If others see someone as progressive as yourself getting involved then it will create a snowball effect!!!
It is what it is. Presumably.

bmr

Talk that all championship games at weekend brought forward by a half hour

bigtogs

Quote from: The_Beard on August 06, 2014, 01:14:36 PM
If the rumours about new coaching officer are true then we have become an embarrassment.

I think Big Togs is correct in saying no one else wanted the role, therefore they have approached someone who they knew would jump at the opportunity. The likes of Ciaran McBride, Ciaran Gourley or Brian McGuckin (just to name 3) who are involved in the schools and coaching every day would have been ideal candidates but if the desire isn't there then what can be done?

As for the make up of the County Committee NDA, why don't you put yourself forward at your AGM this year and start the ball rolling. If others see someone as progressive as yourself getting involved then it will create a snowball effect!!!

all well and good and is a great suggestion put one person will not change the situation  will take a body of 30 odd fresh and forward thinking people to gradually change the negative vibes in this county...that would certainly  need to change sometime soon..

EC Unique

Quote from: Under Lights on August 06, 2014, 12:37:20 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 06, 2014, 11:06:54 AM

Super performance?

Were you at the game?

EC give us the Errigal team there.
Traynor was in goals. Davey kelly was playing Full back though he was wearing No.6 I think. Ben McDonald had No3 on but seemed to be out around the middle. Micheal Mc Cann was No6 with Eamon Donnelly on one wing and Niall Kell the other. Eoin Kelly was midfield with Sean McKenna but he went into FF. Padge McAnenly was wing half forward and Fintan Kelly played 14 but came out. I can't remember what exact position the rest were.

Mark Kavanagh was missing (holidays) and so was Paurig McGirr (injury). If playing I suspect they would have made the difference but that happens.

NDA

I would suggest that only club chair or secretary should be county committee delegate.