Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: bigtogs on August 13, 2014, 03:50:09 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on August 13, 2014, 03:32:31 PM
Is Peter Donnelly coming in or not?

financial people may decide that...hear club Tyrone looking 125thousand to put a gym in our 6million pound building!! The pot is  light I hear club championship gates are a blessing!!

aw now that is a joke if true. as soon as i saw the design of the building years ago i thought it was stupid and have heard the gym isn't fit for purpose. someone got very carried away with the big celtic T design (maybe a county board competition was run in primary schools?). imagine a government building utilising the old guaranteed irish logo design. just another example of the Peter Principle in full swing. as a matter of principle £125k for a gym should be a no-goer, there's gyms all over the place these days, many clubs would have perfectly good gyms. sure what gyms were the players using in 03, 05, 08?

Traveller

Can't see what the fuss is about Peter Donnelly, am sure he would be very good but only solves a small part of the problems Tyrone have.

bigtogs

Quote from: tiempo on August 13, 2014, 03:56:32 PM

financial people may decide that...hear club Tyrone looking 125thousand to put a gym in our 6million pound building!! The pot is  light I hear club championship gates are a blessing!!

aw now that is a joke if true. as soon as i saw the design of the building years ago i thought it was stupid and have heard the gym isn't fit for purpose. someone got very carried away with the big celtic T design (maybe a county board competition was run in primary schools?). imagine a government building utilising the old guaranteed irish logo design. just another example of the Peter Principle in full swing. as a matter of principle £125k for a gym should be a no-goer, there's gyms all over the place these days, many clubs would have perfectly good gyms. sure what gyms were the players using in 03, 05, 08?

Don't shoot tge messager.... I fully agree with you...

hugh the root

the club championship gates are a blessing to whoever is getting the nuggets. I am told that only 1900 paid in on Sunday Evening yet there were 1900 cars there and carrickmore sold twice as many half time draw tickets!Half the crowd must have been members of all the various sub committees,CCDs,Garvaghey patrons,season ticket holders,referee assistants,gatemen and money counters.a gym in Garvaghey would bring further depression into the players minds;oh no I have nt to go there another extra night a week f**k it I am away to America!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: hugh the root on August 13, 2014, 11:28:28 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 13, 2014, 10:43:38 AM
Quote from: God14 on August 13, 2014, 10:01:44 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 13, 2014, 09:35:02 AM
Quote from: hugh the root on August 13, 2014, 09:29:17 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 12, 2014, 10:16:15 PM
Went to garvaghy tonight under21 g2 semi fiital eglish v donaghmore..... connor mckenna must have scored 1-8 or 1-9 and ended up on the losing aide entertaining gane and was good standard for g2 both teams some decent players on show...mckenna will be some lose to club and county.
what did he score on Sunday against omagh in the championship?

I understand what your saying he was out gunned by justy mcmahon that is nothing to be embarrassed about.....he is 18 and still developing and learning his trade dont think eglish tactic off kicking It high against justy was wise at al... but I would think if he goes to Australia he would be a long term lose ..

Let him go to Australia. id hazard a guess that 80% of these young lads will be back after 2 til 3 years. At least he will get some decent S&C training under his belt, as doesn't appear to be much of that about Garvaghy

that could change????
Too late in changing now! we are years behind other teams in terms of S&C

Blame William Moore for this  8)

bigtogs

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 13, 2014, 05:14:22 PM
Quote from: hugh the root on August 13, 2014, 11:28:28 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 13, 2014, 10:43:38 AM
Quote from: God14 on August 13, 2014, 10:01:44 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 13, 2014, 09:35:02 AM
Quote from: hugh the root on August 13, 2014, 09:29:17 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 12, 2014, 10:16:15 PM
Went to garvaghy tonight under21 g2 semi fiital eglish v donaghmore..... connor mckenna must have scored 1-8 or 1-9 and ended up on the losing aide entertaining gane and was good standard for g2 both teams some decent players on show...mckenna will be some lose to club and county.
what did he score on Sunday against omagh in the championship?

I understand what your saying he was out gunned by justy mcmahon that is nothing to be embarrassed about.....he is 18 and still developing and learning his trade dont think eglish tactic off kicking It high against justy was wise at al... but I would think if he goes to Australia he would be a long term lose ..

Let him go to Australia. id hazard a guess that 80% of these young lads will be back after 2 til 3 years. At least he will get some decent S&C training under his belt, as doesn't appear to be much of that about Garvaghy

that could change????
Too late in changing now! we are years behind other teams in terms of S&C

Blame William Moore for this  8)

willy moore done well over the last year considering we had no gym that now seems a vital ingredient for S&C

Scoring Zone

Quote from: tiempo on August 13, 2014, 03:56:32 PM

I also heard about this new gym although the version I heard is that the new gym would be separate from the main building - gross ignorance by all parties in the development of garvaghey if true. And the new complex Dublin/Sports Council has started will show then in broad daylight what a monumental fcuk up tyrone has made in a few years

In hiding

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on August 02, 2014, 07:11:42 PM
What was so funny about that, we had a player sent of the year against Errigal and it was over turned as it was incorrect, another sent off for hitting a player back who struck him after the final whistle. We had another sent off two years ago in the final minute of injury time  in a replay, other than that I can't recall a player being sent off in sen championship football in 10 years. More than happy to be corrected
It's seems clonoes super discipline disappeared when things weren't going their way in the under 21s tonight. 2 red cards!!!

Up The Middle

Quote from: In hiding on August 14, 2014, 12:17:32 AM
What was so funny about that, we had a player sent of the year against Errigal and it was over turned as it was incorrect, another sent off for hitting a player back who struck him after the final whistle. We had another sent off two years ago in the final minute of injury time  in a replay, other than that I can't recall a player being sent off in sen championship football in 10 years. More than happy to be corrected
It's seems clonoes super discipline disappeared when things weren't going their way in the under 21s tonight. 2 red cards!!!

Were you at it, give us your match report there........
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

In hiding

Quote from: Up The Middle on August 14, 2014, 08:44:17 AM

I wasn't which is why I used the words "it seems". Team talk have a report though if you're interested. Where you at it?

Up The Middle

Quote from: In hiding on August 14, 2014, 10:31:33 AM
Quote from: Up The Middle on August 14, 2014, 08:44:17 AM

I wasn't which is why I used the words "it seems". Team talk have a report though if you're interested. Where you at it?

Mind your own business.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Dell

another sent off for hitting a player back who struck him after the final whistle..... Don't think so. He struck twice after the final whistle 15 yards from a linesman before Harte retaliated and this unbelievable stupidity, which you are trying to rewrite, ultimately cost clonoe against Dromore.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

Pat The Root

Its been a bad locka days for us. Thank God for the reserves or there wudnt be a cup around the place the year.
anyhow we will all be back and at it next year again and we wont be easy beat. any truth that Cassidy is thinking of leaving.

TF15

Dorris hit Harte twice before he retaliated. 100% spot on there! If I was Cassidy I would try something new, could maybe win another county with this group but they're not going to attain the Ulster they so badly desire unfortunately.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Pat The Root on August 14, 2014, 02:55:40 PM
Its been a bad locka days for us. Thank God for the reserves or there wudnt be a cup around the place the year.
anyhow we will all be back and at it next year again and we wont be easy beat. any truth that Cassidy is thinking of leaving.

Its been a bad couple of days alright, but sure we would be pretty stupid to let Cassidy walk away after the season we had last year. We have won 2 titles under him so he is welcome around our club for as long as he sees fit. Thats not to say that he hasnt made mistakes but sure who hasnt.