2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on April 02, 2018, 09:03:24 PM
I'm gutted for that young Reilly chap hear is hoping he will av good recovery
I despise you you f**king ****. Have you no shame? p***k.

County Man

A few thoughts on the league campaign.

Thought we really played as an organised team last Saturday. Super scores in first half. Dillon was outstanding in defence. Pigott is a raw, tough defender with a lot of potential. In Attride's speech,he complimented Sugrue's enthusiasm. Midfield worked well together.

Sugrue is developing a stronger panel. He has blooded a lot of new guys especially in defence- Nerney, Fennell,Holland, Pigott. Trevor Collins was involved last year and is improving this year. Timmons did well in both games against Carlow after returning. Dillon looks good in corner back. Good to see Damien O'Connor and Booth warming up with the team last weekend. Attride is a super captain. For me, Colm Begley has been immense, great experience.

Brody helps organise and instruct the defence.

In terms of midfield, Lillis and Johnno doing great. Anyone know if Brendan Quigley is due back from injury??

Forwards: Alan Farrell is a workhorse. Glynn has done well in last 2 games. Ross turning back the years, what an example to the younger fellas. Big Donie getting back to full fitness. Gary Walsh on fire throughout the league. Hopefully Evan O'Carroll recovers from injurysoon, same with Paul K who had a fine league at centre forward. Good to give Benny Carroll game time.

Daniel O'Reilly has great pace. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Eoin Lowry had a great 2nd half last Saturday. Lots to be optimistic about as we head towards championship. 6 weeks we play Wexford. We need to aim for a Leinster semi final against possibly Kildare.

Hopefully Paul Cahillane will be ready to step in soon. Guys will get back to the clubs and improve durability for championship.

Watched Armagh/Fermanagh and not much difference in standard. Longford almot got promoted from division 3 and we bet them twice last year. In terms of division 3, it would be nice to get home games v Down and Sligo- the rest are Leinster teams anyway!

Bigger crowds going to see Laois this year. LOads of youngsters in Croke Park. Good few former county players in Carlow last week. THe only game I didn't make was London but I understand it was a bit of a festival over there. The opening game against Limerick had a feel good factor about it. New era.

We beat Leitrim easily away bar a blip and showd good character v Waterford after a shaky start. Against Wicklow, it was over at half time.

Laois are on the up I feel and I can't wait for championship. Lets hope we have lots of support in championship. The players deserve it. Laois ABU

Giovanni

Very best wishes to Daniel O Reilly for a speedy recovery. Puts the whole thing in perspective.

town1980

Don you have a lovely tongue go back and look at your posts honours English wasn't for you I reckon

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Don Draper on April 02, 2018, 09:38:52 PM

What's the problem?

Don Draper

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on April 03, 2018, 01:13:02 AM

What's the problem?
Not sure, I'd say he has a form of Kildare inbreeding.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Don Draper on April 03, 2018, 05:22:41 AM
Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on April 03, 2018, 01:13:02 AM

What's the problem?
Not sure, I'd say he has a form of Kildare inbreeding.

Lol.

Was it he named the player? Or was it his truncated syntax?

Leixlad

How come footballing counties celebrate like mad (and rightly so) after winning a division 2, 3 or 4 league title and yet when a tiered championship system is mentioned they are annoyed.

Post from former Kilkenny keeper David Herity on twitter.

Interesting thought. What would the feeling be here on Laois playing in a second tier comp? What re our aims now in the championship, beat couple of teams our own level and bow out graciously to a higher division team? Isnt that pointless? Why couldn't we be in a competition, div 3 & 4 teams, with a realistic ambitions of winning it? We have no chance, nor do most teams of winning Sam. Not right now anyway.

Don Draper

Quote from: Leixlad on April 03, 2018, 08:27:39 AM
How come footballing counties celebrate like mad (and rightly so) after winning a division 2, 3 or 4 league title and yet when a tiered championship system is mentioned they are annoyed.

Post from former Kilkenny keeper David Herity on twitter.

Interesting thought. What would the feeling be here on Laois playing in a second tier comp? What re our aims now in the championship, beat couple of teams our own level and bow out graciously to a higher division team? Isnt that pointless? Why couldn't we be in a competition, div 3 & 4 teams, with a realistic ambitions of winning it? We have no chance, nor do most teams of winning Sam. Not right now anyway.
The Tommy Murphy Cup was blackguarded, it definitely had the right idea. Needs marketing, All Stars, and a big day out on All Ireland weekend. I'd not be against it, but I'd still like a crack at Leinster at the very least.

redsetanta

Thoughts with young Danny O'Reilly who still remains in a critical condition.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Quote from: redsetanta on April 03, 2018, 02:27:30 PM

Likewise I really hope he recovers fully and quickly and that whoever is at fault is punished.

Just one small point, media is reporting that his condition is serious rather than critical. They are quite different. Sorry for being pedantic as I know that wasn't the purpose of your post.

Tony

Hopefully they catch whoever did it. I wish him a full recovery.

High Fielder

Part of me is wondering if this is part of the fall out from Saturday. I really hope not because this is on a different level. Best wishes to the lad for a speedy recovery. As someone said, it puts it all into perspective.

redsetanta

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on April 03, 2018, 02:33:31 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on April 03, 2018, 02:27:30 PM

Likewise I really hope he recovers fully and quickly and that whoever is at fault is punished.

Just one small point, media is reporting that his condition is serious rather than critical. They are quite different. Sorry for being pedantic as I know that wasn't the purpose of your post.

I'm nearly sure he was reported as being in critical condition on the News at 1. I understand your point though!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: High Fielder on April 03, 2018, 03:18:20 PM
Part of me is wondering if this is part of the fall out from Saturday. I really hope not because this is on a different level. Best wishes to the lad for a speedy recovery. As someone said, it puts it all into perspective.

Seems like it is part of the fall out from Saturday according to this facebook post from Dublin GAA Fans page.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FDubsGAAFans%2Fposts%2F2096847090562474
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!