Jack Travers
Breda Turner
John Walshe
Peggy White
George Williamson."

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blewuporstuffed

An day in our history that doesnt seem to be  in the public consciousness the same way other like Enniskillen or Omagh are
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rossfan

Is it because to be a proper victim you have had to be killed by republican paramilitaries ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile an tuaigh

The British government were involved in the Enniskillen bombing. It was not long after the hunger strike and global opinion was pro IRA. Nothing better to turn people off than seeing loads of dead civilians.  Omagh bomb also had not only British involvement, the Irish government was involved along with the FBI. Its purpose was to drive home the peace process so it would free up British soldiers for a coming war with Islam. This was three years before September 11th.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on May 17, 2018, 11:58:44 AM
The British government were involved in the Enniskillen bombing. It was not long after the hunger strike and global opinion was pro IRA. Nothing better to turn people off than seeing loads of dead civilians.  Omagh bomb also had not only British involvement, the Irish government was involved along with the FBI. Its purpose was to drive home the peace process so it would free up British soldiers for a coming war with Islam. This was three years before September 11th.

Hi Jim.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 17, 2018, 12:18:19 PM

Hi Jim.

I presume that's a reference to Jim Corr and his conspiracy theories?  He is absolutely correct in relation to the Omagh bombing but it just went spectacularly wrong(or right depending on your opinion). I know this as I have seen stuff that would make you question everything that happened on this island the whole time. The bombing in Omagh was a carefully constructed event that had the hands of British agents all over it and the FBI were absolutely involved as were the gardai

Baile an tuaigh

I'm more familiar with Omagh as my friend had a run in with the FBI agent involved.

Orior

If we all beat ourselves up about the past then we will get nowhere. Plus, it generates tit-for-tat whataboutery.

The planters and british are world leaders at "lest we forget" vis-viz the Marching Season and the Poppy Season. It will be difficult to counter, so I wouldn't even try.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

magpie seanie

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 17, 2018, 12:28:38 PM

Hi Jim.

I presume that's a reference to Jim Corr and his conspiracy theories?  He is absolutely correct in relation to the Omagh bombing but it just went spectacularly wrong(or right depending on your opinion). I know this as I have seen stuff that would make you question everything that happened on this island the whole time. The bombing in Omagh was a carefully constructed event that had the hands of British agents all over it and the FBI were absolutely involved as were the gardai

I accept everything is not always what it seems and you're own personal experiences, some of which you've shared are extraordinary and at the same time not surprising.

Re: Omagh - did the Brits, Irish government and FBI "allow" it to happen or actually do it? I'm assuming the motivation was that it would create such an outrage it would stiffen the resolve for peace and make people move on sticking points?

Sounds a little like 9/11 to me.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 17, 2018, 01:20:39 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 17, 2018, 12:28:38 PM

Hi Jim.

I accept everything is not always what it seems and you're own personal experiences, some of which you've shared are extraordinary and at the same time not surprising.

Re: Omagh - did the Brits, Irish government and FBI "allow" it to happen or actually do it? I'm assuming the motivation was that it would create such an outrage it would stiffen the resolve for peace and make people move on sticking points?

Sounds a little like 9/11 to me.

Or Pearl Harbour.

Dire Ear

Omagh was described to me as "the bomb to stop the bombing" , no doubt it was a set-up

The Gs Man

Anywhere I can read these theories online or is it just word of mouth stuff?  Never heard that said before so would be interested.
Keep 'er lit

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Gs Man on May 17, 2018, 01:40:49 PM
Anywhere I can read these theories online or is it just word of mouth stuff?  Never heard that said before so would be interested.

Honestly I hadn't heard that either. About Omagh or Enniskillen.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 17, 2018, 01:28:49 PM
Omagh was described to me as "the bomb to stop the bombing" , no doubt it was a set-up

Bang on the money. The year of the GFA, a rising dissident threat that was very real and not just in name. They were a very real threat to the peace process. People who were involved allegedly were to men beforehand in the Provos who were seriously disenchanted with the whole thing and also they had access to weapons and money. They were not fly by night armchair boys but they had 1-2 weak links that were exposed by the fbi in particular, they 'trapped' a guy in America and turned him. It's like something out of Holywood you might think but it was real.

brokencrossbar1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/aug/08/omagh-bombing-intelligence-withheld-ira

Small example. The 'agents' named in this article are not the ones I'm talking about