The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on March 28, 2024, 02:24:12 PMPearse Doherty was on Claire Byrne now and he spoke a lot of sense. The Government sould take account of what is happening now and decide on fuel tax increases based on that. The idea that SF are out of touch is pure gaslighting.

The other thing is that FG do not own the flag and neither do they own Irishness.

Fuel in the south going up on Monday - not an April Fool either!

Petrol up by 4c and diesel going up by 3c a litre.

Some petrol stations on the southern side may close up.

whitey

Perception is and becomes reality

O Gorman sent out a tweet in 8 languages welcoming all comers and  offering free accomadation

Higher (maybe even highest) levels of welfare to Ukrainians compared to the broader EU

Non prosecution of people showing up at Dublin Airport without ID

Govt created this problem and are going to get hammered. Sinn Fein are also going to take a serious (and we'll deserved) kicking

RedHand88

Snapchap

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2024, 01:46:52 PMImmigration is the number one issue because it costs hundreds of millions of Euro to house, feed, clothe and transport these people (some of whom are complete fraudsters)

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/cost-accommodating-asylum-seekers-increased-31485431.amp

Ah so your biggest concern day to day isn't being able to afford to heat the home you can't afford to own, but rather, it's the money the state has to pay for those damn immigrants? Surely if it's true that on a day-to-day bais the health of the states coffers are of more concern to you than your own coffers, then taxation and tax dodging by the superwealthy that ought to be making you mad, instead of the dark skinned fella walking down the street minding his own business?

From the Bunker

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2024, 03:01:56 PMPerception is and becomes reality

O Gorman sent out a tweet in 8 languages welcoming all comers and  offering free accomadation

Higher (maybe even highest) levels of welfare to Ukrainians compared to the broader EU

Non prosecution of people showing up at Dublin Airport without ID

Govt created this problem and are going to get hammered. Sinn Fein are also going to take a serious (and we'll deserved) kicking

Sinn Fein sat about waiting for the next election. Mary Lou being told she was going to be the next Taoiseach gave them complacency. Sure what would you expect when most of their elected candidates didn't really canvass in the last election.

whitey

Quote from: Snapchap on March 28, 2024, 03:31:13 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2024, 01:46:52 PMImmigration is the number one issue because it costs hundreds of millions of Euro to house, feed, clothe and transport these people (some of whom are complete fraudsters)

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/cost-accommodating-asylum-seekers-increased-31485431.amp

Ah so your biggest concern day to day isn't being able to afford to heat the home you can't afford to own, but rather, it's the money the state has to pay for those damn immigrants? Surely if it's true that on a day-to-day bais the health of the states coffers are of more concern to you than your own coffers, then taxation and tax dodging by the superwealthy that ought to be making you mad, instead of the dark skinned fella walking down the street minding his own business?

People have (and had) legitimate concerns that are not being addressed

The government (and Sinn Fein) had an opportunity to tackle this but they caved to the woke NGOs and just started calling people racists and far right

I have 4 immediate family members who are staunch lifelong Blueshirts and they're all voting third party at the next election

Rossfan

What are "woke NGOs"?
Why is wanting fairness, equality, human dignity, a fair wage, etc treated as an insult?
The billionelaires have done their brainwashing well.

By the way most of the monet spent on IPA people and Ukrainians is going into the hands of Irish property owners, food businesses etc.
In other words circulating in the Irish Economy.

I wonder who the ex blueshirts in Mayo are going to vote for?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2024, 03:48:21 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on March 28, 2024, 03:31:13 PM

People have (and had) legitimate concerns that are not being addressed

The government (and Sinn Fein) had an opportunity to tackle this but they caved to the woke NGOs and just started calling people racists and far right

I have 4 immediate family members who are staunch lifelong Blueshirts and they're all voting third party at the next election

Way to not answer the question, Whitey.

Franko

Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2024, 04:00:09 PMWhat are "woke NGOs"?
Why is wanting fairness, equality, human dignity, a fair wage, etc treated as an insult?
The billionelaires have done their brainwashing well.

By the way most of the monet spent on IPA people and Ukrainians is going into the hands of Irish property owners, food businesses etc.
In other words circulating in the Irish Economy.

I wonder who the ex blueshirts in Mayo are going to vote for?

That's the thing that gets me.  The vast majority of this money is staying in within the economy so it's essentially zero sum.

The thick as mince brits think they are getting a great deal over there by flying these people to Rwanda at a million quid a head with the only economy benefitting being that of Kigali.

imtommygunn

Are there not ones coming back the other direction too? That Rwanda thing is one of the biggest con jobs about.

whitey

So if the government was enforcing the law as it pertains to people landing without documentation why all of a sudden was there a CRACKDOWN? 

You only would need a crackdown if the process was being abused and you were seen to be doing nothing about it

https://www.newstalk.com/news/state-is-failing-to-enforce-its-own-immigration-rules-michael-mcnamara-td-1634712

Why cut the welfare entitlements of Ukrainians in HALF? Does that not tell you that they were double what they should have been in the first place

Snapchap

Whitey, why aren't you more concerned about tax evasion by the super wealthy than you are about immigrants, if concern for the public purse is your genuine motivation, rather than just, ya know...racism?

whitey

Quote from: Snapchap on March 28, 2024, 05:39:13 PMWhitey, why aren't you more concerned about tax evasion by the super wealthy than you are about immigrants, if concern for the public purse is your genuine motivation, rather than just, ya know...racism?

Who said I'm not concerned about it?

Last time I checked you can be concerned about more than one thing at the same time

Keep banging that racism drum instead of addressing legitimate concerns and you'll see what happens. The govt got a sneak preview as to what coming with the recent referendum debacle

Snapchap

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2024, 05:41:59 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on March 28, 2024, 05:39:13 PMWhitey, why aren't you more concerned about tax evasion by the super wealthy than you are about immigrants, if concern for the public purse is your genuine motivation, rather than just, ya know...racism?

Who said I'm not concerned about it?

Last time I checked you can be concerned about more than one thing at the same time

Keep banging that racism drum instead of addressing legitimate concerns and you'll see what happens. The govt got a sneak preview as to what coming with the recent referendum debacle

Well your history of posting to this board suggests it isn't a matter of concern at all. You seem to be infinitely more exercised about immigration. If your reason for "legitimate concern" around immigration is down to what you perceive it costs the public purse (as you have claimed) then why aren't you at least as vocal about tax evasion, given its surely a much bigger cost to the public purse?

I mean, I don't know anyone who gets up in the morning and is inhibited in any way during their daily life by the presence of an immigrant. I know countless people who on a daily basis struggle to pay their energy bills though. I'd imagine most people would say the same about the people they know. So I'd find it very odd if any of those people were more passionate  about immigration as a political priority than they are about things like the cost of living or any of the other issues that directly impact their own standard of living every day. The only explanations I can think of is that they are too stupid to know they are being manipulated, or just racism (which may as well be a byword for stupidity).

whitey

So if I understand you correctly, in your view, ALL concerns regarding immigration are driven by either racism or stupidity (or both)?

And if the answer is yes-do you support open borders?