Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Man 'in disbelief' after exhaust pipe is stolen twice from his car outside Dublin hospital (actually it was his catalytic convertor)

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-in-disbelief-after-exhaust-pipe-is-stolen-twice-from-his-car-outside-dublin-hospital-36573865.html

TabClear

Quote from: MoChara on February 06, 2018, 08:59:09 AM
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/amanda-knox-sings-proira-song-in-irish-tv-36566961.html

Amanda Knox, the American woman convicted and later cleared of the murder of British student Meredith Kercher in 2007, left a top RTE presenter stunned by singing a chorus from a song celebrating the IRA during the War of Independence.

Ft

The 30-year-old appeared on Ray D'Arcy's popular Thursday night chat show to speak about her time in prison, the final twists of her fight to freedom, and her life before and after the highly publicised trial.

In a bizarre segment of the interview, Knox sang a line from Come Out Ye Black And Tans.

She explained that an Irish supporter had sent her a CD of the 50 most popular Irish rebel songs while she was in prison.

"My world collapsed," Knox said.

"I didn't realise that the world was so unfair.

"That was not something that I grew up with.

"That was something that a lot of Irish supporters of mine felt.

"I got letters from lots of Irish people who really understood, like, of course, authority taking advantage of a vulnerable person and spinning it in a bad way, of course, we know that.

"They sent me Irish rebel songs and everything... they sent me this CD of the 50 most popular ones.

"You know, there's like, Come out you Black and Tans and fight me like a man'," she said, giggling.

"That's the oddest thing I've ever witnessed," chat show host D'Arcy said after Knox's impromptu performance. The one-time murder accused said that she didn't really know what the songs were about.

"It was great, and I had no idea what they were talking about, like "slandering Parnell" and I didn't know what any of that meant.

"I just understood the fighting spirit of it, and I appreciated that."

Meredith Kercher was 21 when she was murdered in Perugia, an Italian provincial town, in 2007.

She was found dead in a pool of blood in her bedroom.

Three people were eventually charged with her murder: Knox, Rafaello Sollecito, Knox's boyfriend, and local man Rudy Guede.

Knox and Sollecito were found guilty in 2009, but freed on appeal two years later.

They were convicted again of the murder in 2014, but ultimately the pair were finally acquitted of the murder by the Italian Supreme Court in 2015.

Guede was convicted under a different 'fast-track' legal route, and was given a 16-year sentence.

Last month Knox told a US audience at Roanoke College, Virginia, that she had been cast as a "she-devil".

"I believed that didn't matter because only truth mattered," she said.

"The nonsense spattered about me didn't matter.

"I thought it just showed that it was a weak case.

"I still believed there was a light at the end of the tunnel because the truth mattered," local paper the Roanoke Times reported.

Belfast Telegraph

Oh f**k. Willie Frazer is going to go daft

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: armaghniac on February 06, 2018, 07:51:13 PM
Quote from: TabClear on February 06, 2018, 07:40:53 PM
Oh f**k. Willie Frazer is going to go daft

Willie Frazer was already daft.

He likes the Ulster Scots, so he's a wee dafty.

quit yo jibbajabba

That was part of an interview with Quincy Jones; vulture website/magazine possibly. The whole thing was a bit what the f*ck tbh

Asal Mor

I think you need to leave him Fionntamhnach. It's for the best.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Minder

My uncle has lived in North Antrim all his life, in his 60s. He had to go to Belfast the other day to the hospital. The last time he was in Belfast city centre was.........1969
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Avondhu star

Quote from: Minder on February 10, 2018, 10:52:24 PM
My uncle has lived in North Antrim all his life, in his 60s. He had to go to Belfast the other day to the hospital. The last time he was in Belfast city centre was.........1969

Which accounts for the high level of inbreeding in Antrim
And they blame Sellafield for their narrow eyebrows
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 10, 2018, 11:31:57 PM
That's magic. So close yet so far away. He missed fcuk all btw.
Lol not much happened in the smoke since 69! It's easier to get a cocktail but significantly harder to get a pint.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on February 10, 2018, 11:31:57 PM
That's magic. So close yet so far away. He missed fcuk all btw.

I couldn't believe it, I knew the furthest he usually went was Ballymena but still, nearly 50 yrs.

Minder

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 10, 2018, 11:35:59 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 10, 2018, 10:52:24 PM

Which accounts for the high level of inbreeding in Antrim
And they blame Sellafield for their narrow eyebrows

Probably sounded better in your head