Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Bit cheap blaming the church for the Alfie Evans debacle, it's not exactly the pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury intervening in this just a shower of halfwits who've seen too many episodes of law and order.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

thebigfella

Quote from: The Iceman on April 26, 2018, 11:15:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 26, 2018, 11:09:19 PM
You'll be telling Lourdes is next, Iceman
MR2 I volunteered for 5 summers in Lourdes. I've seen healing there and received healing of my own recently through prayer.  You can believe in it or not but I have faith and I've seen the results and experienced them.

Gallsman its very easy to discuss/debate with most people on here because they don't insult everyone that disagrees with them. You continue to insult anyone who crosses you and come across as the big man when you're anything but....

At least we haven't went off topic.

Windmill abu

Quote from: thebigfella on April 26, 2018, 11:49:34 PM
MR2 I volunteered for 5 summers in Lourdes. I've seen healing there and received healing of my own recently through prayer.  You can believe in it or not but I have faith and I've seen the results and experienced them.

Gallsman its very easy to discuss/debate with most people on here because they don't insult everyone that disagrees with them. You continue to insult anyone who crosses you and come across as the big man when you're anything but....

At least we haven't went off topic.

I think that for volunteering for 5 summers in Lourdes qualifies as a wtf quote in secular Ireland
Never underestimate the power of complaining

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: trileacman on April 26, 2018, 11:30:52 PM
Bit cheap blaming the church for the Alfie Evans debacle, it's not exactly the pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury intervening in this just a shower of halfwits who've seen too many episodes of law and order.

The pope did get involved. Made a helicopter available to fly him to Italy.

"Moved by the prayers and immense solidarity shown little Alfie Evans, I renew my appeal that the suffering of his parents may be heard and that their desire to seek new forms of treatment may be granted."

Popes tweet in the matter.

gallsman

Quote from: trileacman on April 26, 2018, 11:30:52 PM

Who blamed the church? Anywhere in this thread?

seafoid

Assad changes the law to punish his opponents. 1 5 m Syrian refugees will not be going home. Other countries are responsible for them. WTF

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/26/10m-syrians-at-risk-of-forfeiting-homes-under-new-property-law
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish/revealed-how-many-learner-drivers-are-now-on-their-third-provisional-licence-36849792.html
New figures reveal that 65,161 drivers are on their third or subsequent learner permit. Of these, 36,814 are on their fifth permit or more.

The data shows that thousands of these are aged over 30. Many are on their fifth, sixth or seventh driving permits, according to figures sourced by online insurance brokerage Insuremycars.ie.

The numbers come from the Road Safety Authority following a Dáil question to Transport Minister Shane Ross from Independent TD Noel Grealish.

Milltown Row2

Ive been to Lourdes and its the most tacky place I've ever been to, I was actually very embarrassed by the place, wheeling people down in beds from teh local hospital the church is a double of the Disney castle and the streets have neon lights flashing, Holy water here!!

If you believe then thats fine, I can only go with what I saw when there and its a con (to me) if it gives comfort to people, then brilliant I've no problem with that, but don't talk about miracles please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5659813/Prince-Louis-Cambridge-takes-place-royal-order-succession.html

The new baby will be a prince or princess thanks to the Queen, who stepped in ahead of Prince George's birth to ensure all William's children would become HRHs with fitting titles.
The Queen issued a Letters Patent under the Great Seal of the Realm in December 2012 when Kate was just a few months pregnant, declaring 'all the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales should have and enjoy the style, title and attribute of Royal Highness with the titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their Christian names or with such other titles of honour'.
A Letters Patent in 1917, issued by George V, limited titles within the royal family, meaning daughters born to William or Kate would not have been an HRH but Lady (forename) Mountbatten-Windsor instead and second or later-born sons would also have lacked the HRH title and become Lord (forename) Mountbatten-Windsors rather than princes.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2018, 09:14:33 AM

Ive been to Lourdes and its the most tacky place I've ever been to, I was actually very embarrassed by the place, wheeling people down in beds from teh local hospital the church is a double of the Disney castle and the streets have neon lights flashing, Holy water here!!

If you believe then thats fine, I can only go with what I saw when there and its a con (to me) if it gives comfort to people, then brilliant I've no problem with that, but don't talk about miracles please

Timeline might be slightly off there by a century or so MR2
Its modeled on Neuschwanstein in Bavaria, the one in CA at least

Milltown Row2

Quote from: omaghjoe on April 27, 2018, 03:22:54 PM

So. It's still a tacky place, any sorta religious theme to it is lost by the commercial interest, that's how I felt when I was there anyways..

the thing that got me was the Tiny Tim Crutch hanging on some telephone lines above the grotto, as if a person who struggled to walk was cured and threw his crutch up in the air !!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Will we go and visit the holy cave, Ted?

omaghjoe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2018, 11:11:57 PM

So. It's still a tacky place, any sorta religious theme to it is lost by the commercial interest, that's how I felt when I was there anyways..

the thing that got me was the Tiny Tim Crutch hanging on some telephone lines above the grotto, as if a person who struggled to walk was cured and threw his crutch up in the air !!

So... it came before Disneyland...???
Your dreaming stuff up to fit in with your perception.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: omaghjoe on April 27, 2018, 11:20:18 PM

Right numpty, when did I post that Disney castle was built before the church at Lourdes? Now if you can see that I'll happliy agree with you.. you read, the church is the double of the Disney castle

omaghjoe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2018, 11:28:05 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on April 27, 2018, 11:20:18 PM

Right numpty, when did I post that Disney castle was built before the church at Lourdes? Now if you can see that I'll happliy agree with you.. you read, the church is the double of the Disney castle

Your were comparing the two like they had copied the Sleeping Beauty castle in Disneyland to make it tacky to attract tourists.