PuC and the Liam Miller Fundraiser

Started by Baile Brigín 2, July 18, 2018, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

and the wedge thickens
now Liverpool are looking to push their brand on the back of Sean cox  by having a match in Croker.
a far more worthy case but  if Liverpool feel guilt over what happened to Sean cox they should cover his medical bill and not use him as a promotional tool
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mup

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 02, 2018, 03:09:18 PM
Quote from: mup on November 02, 2018, 02:57:15 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 02, 2018, 02:40:43 PM
Liam Miller will have earned about £7m after tax in his career, his family don't have any financial worries.

Again I ask - how do you know this?

I know exactly what he earned at United and it surprised me at the time but he was on a free transfer so he did extremely well out of that. He spent two and half years at Sunderland and would have earned very good money their too although nothing like he was on at United.

I was referring to the second part of your statement.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 02, 2018, 03:09:18 PM
Quote from: mup on November 02, 2018, 02:57:15 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 02, 2018, 02:40:43 PM
Liam Miller will have earned about £7m after tax in his career, his family don't have any financial worries.

Again I ask - how do you know this?

I know exactly what he earned at United and it surprised me at the time but he was on a free transfer so he did extremely well out of that. He spent two and half years at Sunderland and would have earned very good money their too although nothing like he was on at United.
Well if a random bloke online says it....

brokencrossbar1

When Liam Miller signed for United he was on £25k a week as he was in the last 6 months of his comtract with Celtic and had no signing on fee. He was at United for 2 years so his income for his time at United would have been just over £2.5m. He had about 6 other years at a decent level with I'd say and average wage of at least £15k. This would be another £4.5m. It's not unreasonable to say he earned £7m in his career.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 02, 2018, 04:30:20 PM
When Liam Miller signed for United he was on £25k a week as he was in the last 6 months of his comtract with Celtic and had no signing on fee. He was at United for 2 years so his income for his time at United would have been just over £2.5m. He had about 6 other years at a decent level with I'd say and average wage of at least £15k. This would be another £4.5m. It's not unreasonable to say he earned £7m in his career.
which 6 years?

But the statement was he retired with 7m in the bank. Not he grossed 7m over his career.

Maroon Manc

Liam Miller was on a lot more than 25k a week at United, Celtic were pretty much offering him that to stay their.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: rosnarun on November 02, 2018, 03:13:07 PM
and the wedge thickens
now Liverpool are looking to push their brand on the back of Sean cox  by having a match in Croker.
a far more worthy case but  if Liverpool feel guilt over what happened to Sean cox they should cover his medical bill and not use him as a promotional tool

Who says they are? Some Indo journalist suggesting they should?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 02, 2018, 04:54:18 PM
Liam Miller was on a lot more than 25k a week at United, Celtic were pretty much offering him that to stay their.

He was on 12k before he left Celtic and united offered him double his money.

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 02, 2018, 04:46:54 PM
which 6 years?

But the statement was he retired with 7m in the bank. Not he grossed 7m over his career.

The year or two before he went to United he was on £12k a week. The 4 odd years after when he was at Sunderland, QPRand Hibernian he would have been on minimum £15-20k a week. There's no doubt he grossed at lest £7m in his career and that's not even touching signing on fees or commercial stuff through sponsorship etc. To suggest otherwise is wrong

dublin7

Quote from: rosnarun on November 02, 2018, 03:13:07 PM
and the wedge thickens

Cop on lad. A journalist wrote a story in the paper suggesting the idea. To somehow believe that it's  Liverpool wanting to use Croke Park for money and as some PR exercise is ridiculous.

rrhf

To me there is something here. It might be worth taking a step back and looking at what maybe can be achieved here. The fundraising capability of the gaa as a whole is huge, the vast majority of our organisation are givers not takers, we are wasting money at many levels on creating a civil service of our own to maintain, we have to level out our coChing accross the board and create a level playing field in terms of our access to facilities accross the communities and counties. When we plan for all this and if we can cater for this do we need to make profits. In my head no. The surpluses generated can help our families our ex players and our people in difficulties. If an event for Sean Cox occurred in Croke Park I'd be at it but I would be keen that it be part of a wider hardship fund for our ex players members and officials. Every little helps. I would love if thebIntercounty model was a benevolent model for community's in the future instead of millions going to the gpa and other unnecessary expenses.

trailer

Quote from: rrhf on November 03, 2018, 12:52:20 PM
To me there is something here. It might be worth taking a step back and looking at what maybe can be achieved here. The fundraising capability of the gaa as a whole is huge, the vast majority of our organisation are givers not takers, we are wasting money at many levels on creating a civil service of our own to maintain, we have to level out our coChing accross the board and create a level playing field in terms of our access to facilities accross the communities and counties. When we plan for all this and if we can cater for this do we need to make profits. In my head no. The surpluses generated can help our families our ex players and our people in difficulties. If an event for Sean Cox occurred in Croke Park I'd be at it but I would be keen that it be part of a wider hardship fund for our ex players members and officials. Every little helps. I would love if thebIntercounty model was a benevolent model for community's in the future instead of millions going to the gpa and other unnecessary expenses.

People already give loads to the GAA and the GAA already gives loads to the local community. One off fund raising matches are ok, but if they were to become more regular people would soon get fucked off and rightly so.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 03, 2018, 11:06:48 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 02, 2018, 04:54:18 PM

He was on 12k before he left Celtic and united offered him double his money.

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 02, 2018, 04:46:54 PM
which 6 years?

The year or two before he went to United he was on £12k a week. The 4 odd years after when he was at Sunderland, QPRand Hibernian he would have been on minimum £15-20k a week. There's no doubt he grossed at lest £7m in his career and that's not even touching signing on fees or commercial stuff through sponsorship etc. To suggest otherwise is wrong
Hibs have a wage cap of £1.5k a week, you are way off there.  Assuming your figures are right, and they clearly arent,  he made 4-5m and then what he made at smaller clubs.

We are a long way from retiring with 7m in the bank.

dublin7

All these  idiotic and inflated guesstimates at his wages are hilarious. Never new we had so many football agents posting here. Also all the wage figure are gross not net. He would have had to pay tax as well

Maroon Manc

Won't be getting into it on here but I know for a fact what Liam Miller earned at United and its way in excess of 25k a week, absolutely miles off; Hence why I have strong views on this.

snoopdog

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 05, 2018, 11:10:40 AM
Won't be getting into it on here but I know for a fact what Liam Miller earned at United and its way in excess of 25k a week, absolutely miles off; Hence why I have strong views on this.
Do the charity have to post where the money goes from this fund raiser?. Professional footballers in the last 20 yrs  all earn substantially.more than 90% of the population. While it was a very sad think that happenend to liam and his family. Id be very suprised if he hadnt made enough in his career to last tge family a lifetime. Taxed or not. 25k a week for a year is 1.3 million. More than most earn in a lifetime.