Qualifiers

Started by snoopdog, May 30, 2011, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Clare v Londondown - Straighforward enough for the Queen's favourite team??
Laois v Tipperary - Tight one here..Laois by one score
Cavan v Longford - Cavan looked poor enough yesterday, I'll go for Longford
Louth v Meath - Meath
Offaly v Monaghan - Monaghan
Antrim v Westmeath - 50/50.  Home venue could give Saffrons the edge but we've been nothing short of awful in the qualifiers.  Antrim after ET??
Brits v Fermanagh - Jaysus Fermangh can't lose this...can they??
Wicklow v Sligo- Too close to call...emmm a wild guess, Sligo maybe after extra time

amallon

Clare v Down- I would expect Down to win this one if the heads are right
Laois v Tipperary - Laois
Cavan v Longford - Cavan were so poor yesterday its hard to see them recovering
Louth v Meath - Louth might have found it hard to get over the Carlow defeat if they had drawn any other team but surley this draw must have been a massive boost for them.  Louth to win
Offaly v Monaghan - Monaghan to win
Antrim v Westmeath- Westmeath
London v Fermanagh - Fermanagh
Wicklow v Sligo- Sligo
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Bogball XV

Quote from: FermGael on June 12, 2011, 07:58:57 PM
Do not know what to think.
We have a very inexperienced team and heading over to London will not be easy.
London gave Mayo a serious scare and they will be very happy with getting Fermanagh.

As wobbler says, it could very well be a talking point
having seen you against derry, i would agree.  This could be a London win, not necessarily an upset though.

Shamrock Shore

Clare v Down-  Down
Cavan v Longford - Larries
Louth v Meath - Meath
Antrim v Westmeath - Antrim
London v Fermanagh - Fermanagh
Wicklow v Sligo - Wicklow

Donnellys Hollow

Clare v Down- Nice draw for Down. Should be comfortable enough for them.
Laois v Tipperary - Tipp beat them last year in Thurles but home advantage should see Laois gain revenge.
Cavan v Longford - Longford should have beaten Laois. If they can get enough ball into Kavanagh they'll have Cavan in trouble.
Louth v Meath - God knows. Mahem probably.
Offaly v Monaghan - If Monaghan can hold McNamee, they should be too good.
Antrim v Westmeath - Tough one to call. Antrim have had longer to recover from their provincial defeat and that might tell.
London v Fermanagh - If London can reproduce their performance against Mayo then they might trouble Fermanagh.
Wicklow v Sligo - Wicklow are always tough to beat in Aughrim. Hard to know if Sligo will have the belly for the back door.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

amallon

Any word on dates and venues?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

magpie seanie

Louth/Meath in Breffni Park on Sat 25th live on RTE. Nothing about the others confirmed yet.

Our minors play Galway on that evening so wouldn't be surprised if our game was on Sunday v. Wicklow.

waitingforsam

Louth's mouth-watering clash with Meath in the first round of the All-Ireland Football qualifiers will be played in Kingspan Breffni Park as a double-header with Cavan's clash with Longford.

The teams were paired in yesterday's draw in what will be a repeat of last year's Leinster Football final.

All of the qualifiers will take place on Saturday 25 June.

Wicklow's match with Sligo will take place in Aughrim at 7pm.

Offaly face Monaghan in Tullamore and Laois host Tipperary in Portlaoise at the same throw-in.

London and Fermanagh will begin the day's action in Ruislip, with their clash getting underway at 1:30pm.

Antrim host Westmeath at 2pm in Casement Park, while Clare take on Down in Ennis at 3pm.
Been waiting since '94

western exile

Clare v Down-  Down
Cavan v Longford - Longford
Louth v Meath - Meath
Antrim v Westmeath - Antrim
London v Fermanagh - London
Wicklow v Sligo - Sligo

magpie seanie

Quote from: waitingforsam on June 13, 2011, 03:02:48 PM
Louth's mouth-watering clash with Meath in the first round of the All-Ireland Football qualifiers will be played in Kingspan Breffni Park as a double-header with Cavan's clash with Longford.

The teams were paired in yesterday's draw in what will be a repeat of last year's Leinster Football final.

All of the qualifiers will take place on Saturday 25 June.

Wicklow's match with Sligo will take place in Aughrim at 7pm.

Offaly face Monaghan in Tullamore and Laois host Tipperary in Portlaoise at the same throw-in.

London and Fermanagh will begin the day's action in Ruislip, with their clash getting underway at 1:30pm.

Antrim host Westmeath at 2pm in Casement Park, while Clare take on Down in Ennis at 3pm.

Why are the Antrim/Westmeath and Down/Clare games on early in the day and ours isn't? Maybe Sligo is much closer to Wicklow than I thought. When you factor in that our minors are due to play Galway that evening its a bit of a head scratcher.

Fear Boirche

Quote from: amallon on June 13, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Any word on dates and venues?

The CCCC has confirmed the times, dates and venues for the eight Round 1 GAA Football All-Ireland Qualifiers.

The hugely-anticipated meeting of Louth and Meath, a repeat of last year's Leinster GAA Championship final, has been fixed for Kingspan Breffni Park on Saturday, June 25, with a 7.00pm throw-in. The game will be screened live on RTÉ 2.

Although Louth had home advantage after being drawn first in Sunday's draw in Carrick-on-Shannon, the game will be played at the neutral Cavan venue because the Louth county ground, Drogheda, has a capacity of just 4,000.

Last year's provincial final between the two sides ended in controversy when Meath won the game with a disputed late goal from Joe Sheridan.

The game will be preceded by the meeting of Cavan and Longford, which has a 5.00pm start at the same venue.

Elsewhere, last year's beaten All-Ireland champions, Down, will travel to Cusack Park, Ennis to face Clare, with the game throwing in at 3.00pm.

GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship Round 1
Saturday, June 25 2011

Cusack Park, Ennis: Clare v Down, 3.00pm

Portlaoise: Laois v Tipperary, 5.00pm/7.00pm*
*(If part of Double Header with SHC Laois v Uíbh Fhailí, throw in will be at 5pm. Or as a Stand Alone fixture, throw in will be at 7pm)

Casement Park, Antrim v Westmeath, 2.00pm

Kingspan Breffni Park: Louth v Meath, 7.00pm

Ruislip: London v Fermanagh, 1.30pm

Kingspan Breffni Park: Cavan v Longford, 5.00pm

Aughrim: Wicklow v Sligo, 5.00pm

Tullamore: Offaly v Monaghan, 7.00pm

Meanwhile, the throw-in times for next weekend's GAA Hurling All-Ireland Senior Championship Preliminary Round games have also been confirmed.

Cork travel to Portlaoise, where they will face Laois at 3.00pm, while the meeting of Antrim and Westmeath also has a 3.00pm throw-in at Casement Park.

Should Cork advance, they will play Offaly the following Saturday at Páirc Uí Chaoimh (throw-in 3.00pm) in Phase II, while a Laois win would see the O'Moore men have home advantage at Portlaoise against Offaly (3.00pm).

If Antrim advance to Phase II they will play Carlow in Casement Park at 4.00pm on Saturday, June 25, while a Westmeath win would give the Lake men home advantage at Cusack Park, Mullingar against Carlow (3.00pm).

magpie seanie

Where did you get that from? I don't see anywhere saying that Sligo v. Wicklow is at 5pm.

SLIGONIAN

Id like to go to both Seanie but i think i might chose the home game for the Minors tbh,

Charlie Harrison quotes prior to the leitrim game:
"Losing to Leitrim doesn't even come into it. We will be inconsolable if that happens. If things don't go well we will struggle for the rest of the season.''

At senior level we are in disarray, we are also missing costello for wicklow game and curran, with cawley gone to USA aswell, Sean Davey is injured, along with all the other long terms who are getting back but wont make this game, Johnny Davey, David Kelly and Colm McGee.

Harrisons above quote doesnt really do much to motivate any Sligofan to travel 3.5 hrs to watch a struggle and probable loss, we are extremely vunerable mentally atm. If there is no change and minors are clashing a handful will only go to the senior game as the minor performance is much more important imo to Sligo football.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 13, 2011, 08:16:58 PM
Id like to go to both Seanie but i think i might chose the home game for the Minors tbh,

Charlie Harrison quotes prior to the leitrim game:
"Losing to Leitrim doesn't even come into it. We will be inconsolable if that happens. If things don't go well we will struggle for the rest of the season.''

At senior level we are in disarray, we are also missing costello for wicklow game and curran, with cawley gone to USA aswell, Sean Davey is injured, along with all the other long terms who are getting back but wont make this game, Johnny Davey, David Kelly and Colm McGee.

Harrisons above quote doesnt really do much to motivate any Sligofan to travel 3.5 hrs to watch a struggle and probable loss, we are extremely vunerable mentally atm. If there is no change and minors are clashing a handful will only go to the senior game as the minor performance is much more important imo to Sligo football.

Well if your missing all them players it's hard to see ye winning in Aughrim but then again maybe the Wicklow team that scored only 5 points v Kildare will turn up & not the one that scored 2-16 v us.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open