Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

You heard it hear first.... we have a song "An Lu Abu"

Youtube link for video tomorrow.... hopefully Gerry Kelly will launch it on LMFM late lunch this afternoon. CD will be on sale in Louth Supporters Club shop on Monday or Tuesday with all proceeds to the Louth Players Fun. Its a novelty song, just a bit of craic, nothing in it that Eamonn O Brien will be able to play on the bus to the match to motivate the players. A bit of fun to add to the buzz for the suporters.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

AFS

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 02, 2010, 01:37:06 PM
You heard it hear first.... we have a song "An Lu Abu"

Youtube link for video tomorrow.... hopefully Gerry Kelly will launch it on LMFM late lunch this afternoon. CD will be on sale in Louth Supporters Club shop on Monday or Tuesday with all proceeds to the Louth Players Fun. Its a novelty song, just a bit of craic, nothing in it that Eamonn O Brien will be able to play on the bus to the match to motivate the players. A bit of fun to add to the buzz for the suporters.

Yous are certainly going all out. 20 page 'celebratory' pull outs in the papers this week I see. Though, I think the article on Paddy Keenan's ma might have been pushing it a wee bit. What will the place be like if yous actually win?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

armaghniac

Quotewe have a song "An Lu Abu"

Whatever happened AnLuAbu that used to post here? Her day has come.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

I hope the team is peaking too early the same as the fans.

red hander

At least in this Battle of the Boyne the Fenians are guaranteed to win  :D

Never beat the deeler

Looking forward to this one - it really is a novel pairing. Find it hard to believe its been 9 years since Meath were in a Leinster final!

Meath will start favourites and a lot will depend on how they handle that (though Meath arent usually seen as mentally fragile)

I think if they are to win, Louth need to lord it in the middle and starve Meath of possession. I think theyll probably need to win 60% of ball as the Meath ff line is the best in the business imo.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Louth Exile

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on July 02, 2010, 10:09:47 PM
I think if they are to win, Louth need to lord it in the middle and starve Meath of possession. I think theyll probably need to win 60% of ball as the Meath ff line is the best in the business imo.

Was pretty much thinking the same myself.

Right lads here is the song, remember it is a novelty song to get a bit of craic going within the county for the fans, looks like it will now be on sale from Tuesday in the Supporters Shop in Dundalk with the proceeds going to the players fund. Video only up two days now an already over 1,600 hits!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRRl_kRI2Ww
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: red hander on July 02, 2010, 07:35:45 PM
At least in this Battle of the Boyne the Fenians are guaranteed to win  :D

I heard Little Ian has offered to play corner back for Louth, coz the approaching Dublin from North of the River.

He also demanded the game not be played on Sunday.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 04, 2010, 11:10:11 PM

Right lads here is the song, remember it is a novelty song to get a bit of craic going within the county for the fans, looks like it will now be on sale from Tuesday in the Supporters Shop in Dundalk with the proceeds going to the players fund. Video only up two days now an already over 1,600 hits!!

Jaysus, could ye not have thrown some original music behind it, we could have sent up TR Dallas if ye were stuck  :P And surely to Christ ye could have found someone else to give the voice over apart from the insipid Morrissey...

Anyways, An Lú Abú!!!
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Louth Exile

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 05, 2010, 02:06:04 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on July 04, 2010, 11:10:11 PM

Jaysus, could ye not have thrown some original music behind it, we could have sent up TR Dallas if ye were stuck  :P And surely to Christ ye could have found someone else to give the voice over apart from the insipid Morrissey...

Anyways, An Lú Abú!!!

I know the lad behind it, it was never intended to be a musical masterpiece, the idea was suggested to him less than a week ago, it was written and produced in two days to get it out there. The majority of feedback has been positive, but its not going to be everyones liking and thats fine, it had 1,900 hits by lunctime today and will be on sale by tomorrow to raise some funds for the players fund, not bad going if you ask me! It was easier and quicker to use Marty's piece than Colm Corrigans (LMFM), those were the only options available. In fairness I think that its a good opener

Shamrock Shore

Will there be McArdles available especially for Sunday.

Pims for the Meath lads  :-*

mattockranger

will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital