China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Thastheball on January 02, 2022, 12:14:59 PM
Whats the point. Doesn't matter what u show some of these guys, asking questions of the science and the truth is beyond some if them.

This is to the truth of the current status

https://www.americaoutloud.com/omicron-breaks-through-natural-and-vaccine-immunity-in-a-battle-against-delta/ 

The Pharmaceutical and Medical industry seen that there was a chance that Omicron could be the end of needing/relying on Vaccinations. So there has been an consorted push to get rid of as much production as possible. They will be as wanted as Dublin 7 in a row T-shirts in a few weeks!

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Thastheball on January 02, 2022, 12:14:59 PM
Whats the point. Doesn't matter what u show some of these guys, asking questions of the science and the truth is beyond some if them.

This is to the truth of the current status

https://www.americaoutloud.com/omicron-breaks-through-natural-and-vaccine-immunity-in-a-battle-against-delta/ 

still waiting for vitamin d evidence as per you post on 1242 and correction of 20000mgs.....

very few on here want to read politicised medical opinions which you keep posting...

why do you believe one medical profession over another? Why do you believe the American right wing medical professionals over regulator and clinical trials.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PadraicHenryPearse

Itchy

Everyone is struggling and you have wankers like that fella putting extra pressure on. Its a pity covid wouldn't disproportionately effect the stupid.

lenny

Quote from: Itchy on January 02, 2022, 01:58:59 PM
Everyone is struggling and you have wankers like that fella putting extra pressure on. Its a pity covid wouldn't disproportionately effect the stupid.

It does though. The big majority of icu patients are unvaccinated even though they are only a small minority of the population. The majority at this stage who get seriously ill or die are unvaccinated. An extremely sad but perfect example below.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/mother-29-refused-vaccine-she-145459166.html

theskull1

The data does suggest being unvaccinated with co-morbidities is a bad risk call.
I don't think you're going to get much disagreement there len.

But shouldn't we ALL be making more noise about how big a factor obesity is here? The vast vast majority of ICU patients (vaccinated and unvaccinated) are obese.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Quote from: theskull1 on January 02, 2022, 03:49:42 PM
But shouldn't we ALL be making more noise about how big a factor obesity is here? The vast vast majority of ICU patients (vaccinated and unvaccinated) are obese.

::)

Itchy

Quote from: theskull1 on January 02, 2022, 05:14:16 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on January 02, 2022, 03:49:42 PM

::)

There's no pill you can take for obesity, it's a long game so making noise about it with regards to covid isn't much use.

PadraicHenryPearse

there are hundreds of articles etc. on obesity and covid... and obesity impacts almost all other health issues.. Operation transformation on RTE is an example of a method of trying to help people take more healthy option... calories on menus etc.  What are you suggesting?

theskull1

Nowhere near the amount of attention that needs to be given to it in my opinion seeing that its the big common denominator in ICUs, though I would never be happy with the media using the same pejorative language used to describe all the unvaccinated. We can all agree that would be vile.
I respect you having a different perspective. Lets agree to differ

PadraicHenryPearse

if there was a simple vaccine for obesity or the elderly or for those with other issues that make them high risk like there is for  covid then it would be comparable...

the high risk people I'd imagine are fully aware of it in most cases, so the only real outcome I can see for singling them out from all other guidelines (more so than is already done) is to suggest that these cohorts should have to isolate so the healthy can go back to as normal as possible... I done think this possible or fair.  I struggle with the covid vaccine passport but on balance agree with it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on January 02, 2022, 06:15:30 PM
Nowhere near the amount of attention that needs to be given to it in my opinion seeing that its the big common denominator in ICUs, though I would never be happy with the media using the same pejorative language used to describe all the unvaccinated. We can all agree that would be vile.
I respect you having a different perspective. Lets agree to differ
Even Boris Johnson was going on a year ago and being a fatty, not a fatty to beat Covid. January will be full of weight loss md fitness programmes on tv. People know the relationship between obesity and poor(er) health. You either choose to ignore it or you don't but additional "messaging" probably will make no difference.