China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2021, 09:12:59 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 30, 2021, 09:07:00 PM
I think the message from Stormont has been very disjointed and slow over Christmas period, almost no figures or strategy for few days there,

What is it you're looking for?

No change in restrictions from their last meeting.

I'd say if they were going to change the restrictions they'll let us know, no?

Isn't there to be a meeting tomorrow?

There were no figures issued, no pcrs available, very few lateral flows and test centres closed, very odd I thought , canny get in way of the Xmas dinner. They seem to have reacted today the 30th based on info that's been there a while- reduced isolation etc

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2021, 10:33:35 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on December 30, 2021, 09:53:49 PM
The elderly, the obese and those with underlying health conditions have and will remain at risk. That I never disputed . As for the rest of the population omicron is a bad cold. Delta worst.. The strategy is my issue

Should just lock them up and put a lock on the fridge

To be fair that's not far off what they are suggesting

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 30, 2021, 10:54:22 PM
The elderly, the obese and those with underlying health conditions have and will remain at risk. That I never disputed . As for the rest of the population omicron is a bad cold. Delta worst.. The strategy is my issue

Who?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Quote from: currychip on December 30, 2021, 08:03:46 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on December 30, 2021, 05:04:14 PM
I'm trying to run a business here and while I'm glad they've moved to 7 days, there is absolutely no communication apart from individuals on Twitter, no statement on gov website, webpages on isolation have not been updated and officials are on holiday and haven't even an out of office contact.  Bunch of amateurs.

It's headlines in the BBC NI website as a government statement, with a tweet by the First Minister, hardly "an individual on Twitter".  What do you need to know?
I've learned from experience that the devil is almost always in the detail.  If I relied on BBC headlines all the way through this I'd have come unstuck several times. And some of their journalists are very good but businesses need the detail behind the media story.  I don't heed the politicians, they all have an agenda and it's just a big mess between them all.  Michelle O'Neill tweeted this evening and didn't even mention the isolation change, and now the Executive have belatedly issued a statement and are pinning it on Robin Swann and say they "expect" it to be introduced.  They are masters in uncertainty, probably arguing away behind the scenes on this one.  We're just left to guess and supposed to be ready in the morning for whatever questions staff might have. Meanwhile the Gov website still says isolate for 10 days!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2021, 10:59:17 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 30, 2021, 10:54:22 PM

Who?

The govt- telling the oul wans to stay in the gaff as much as possible

Milltown Row2

But sure it's been very disjointed, apparently not though as you've said the government just want to lock them up  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

This HIDDEN risk factor for severe COVID 19, I keep seeing in hospital patients

Spoiler alert - Elevated blood sugar (HBA1C measurement) a major risk indicator for those being hospitalised with severe covid infection

https://youtu.be/igMiDqB0wZ4

The great news is that this is reversible

Worth 7 minutes of anybodies time

You'd wonder why Public Health isn't making use of this opportunity to get more people in gear in regard to their own metabolic health.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: theskull1 on December 31, 2021, 08:59:19 AM

Spoiler alert - Elevated blood sugar (HBA1C measurement) a major risk indicator for those being hospitalised with severe covid infection

You'd wonder why Public Health isn't making use of this opportunity to get more people in gear in regard to their own metabolic health.

I thought you weren't going to post on this topic anymore... its hardly hidden a quick Google shows loads of info on it..

I think people know what it takes to be healthy and they benefits at this stage... they choose not to be.. I am also sure if they did come out with some messaging now there would be a few YouTube videos trying to undermine it and suggest alternative motives...

Itchy

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 31, 2021, 10:00:16 AM

I thought you weren't going to post on this topic anymore... its hardly hidden a quick Google shows loads of info on it..

I think people know what it takes to be healthy and they benefits at this stage... they choose not to be.. I am also sure if they did come out with some messaging now there would be a few YouTube videos trying to undermine it and suggest alternative motives...

Padraic, you seem to jump all over anyone who puts anything up on this thread. Its almost defensive the way you react. Are you Tony Holohan or one of his minions?

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Itchy on December 31, 2021, 10:20:06 AM

Padraic, you seem to jump all over anyone who puts anything up on this thread. Its almost defensive the way you react. Are you Tony Holohan or one of his minions?

hi Itchy, I don't work In health care.  It's not defensive... mostly it to correct false Info. like MSM don't report on this or that... its easy to correct these with a quick Google... (I don't work In media either)

I do follow public health advise and so far have avoided covid maybe that makes me a minion..

Rossfan

Ahh PadraicH you're far too sensible for this oul subject.
Imagine checking facts and refuting untruths...
And then following public health advice and not getting Covid.
I've done the same by the way as have the rest of the household.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JoG2

Padraic, you seem to jump all over anyone who puts anything up on this thread. Its almost defensive the way you react. Are you Tony Holohan or one of his

minions?

The amount of absolute hogwash on this thread by a few lunatics and you jump on someone calling it out for what it is....mad Ted

Itchy

Quote from: JoG2 on December 31, 2021, 12:15:50 PM

Padraic, you seem to jump all over anyone who puts anything up on this thread. Its almost defensive the way you react. Are you Tony Holohan or one of his

minions?

The amount of absolute hogwash on this thread by a few lunatics and you jump on someone calling it out for what it is....mad Ted

So padraig can jump on a man who puts up a video with useful information?

This thread has become poison. It's full of flat earthers on one side talking shite about unsafe vaccines and on the other side Tony Holohan zealots who allow no questions. And like I said before, I too observe the public safety advice and am triple vaccinated.

J70

Quote from: Thastheball on December 30, 2021, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 30, 2021, 07:55:36 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on December 30, 2021, 06:37:18 PM
Outstanding video. The best documentation yet of nearly every top official in the States in charge of the response to COVID insisting the vaccine prevents infection and transmission—not just symptoms.

https://twitter.com/michaelpsenger/status/1476249496736522246?s=21

Some dopes 😂😂

U wonder about those expert immunologist and virologists 😂😂 Has their credibility been questioned

Since when is Rachel Maddow a "top official" in the US?

Were those statements accurate at the time they were made, before the Delta and Omicron variants? If so, have those people continued to make those claims as the circumstances and evidence has changed?

Are you advocating that people DON'T take the vaccine?

Are you advocating that the vaccines are NOT effective?

Are you saying that the responsible road to take is to NOT get vaccinated as it makes no difference, whether to one's own health or the risk of transmitting it to others?

CDC data, prior to the Omicron surge, shows that unvaccinated people in the US had a ten-fold greater risk of becoming infected in the month of October, 20X chance of dying from Covid.

Were they lying?

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

What I'm saying is, we were told what the vaccine were going to do. Who advised those senior officials? Experts? Who subsequently have been proven to be wrong. As more data became available it was clear we all were fed wrong information. Deliberately.... No, but nonetheless the video demonstrates clear misinformation.
Yet when other experts present ( and i am referring to credible experts) who present a different view or question some of the strategy there has been a very deliberate attempt to discredit them.

And yet we are quite happy to wholesomely accept the view of these experts who have a track  record as the video demonstrates of sometimes being inaccurate.

Viruses change. Hence the efficacy of vaccines change.

They're simple questions: was the information inaccurate at the time the statements were made? Do those statements mean that the vaccines should not be taken or that they're not important in fighting this disease?

Are you holding your own "experts" to the same standard? Have you gone back and parsed every statement THEY'VE made?

PadraicHenryPearse

firstly I didn't jump on anything, I replied to a post that happens on here day in day out...

Secondly, I said the information wasn't hidden... I made no comments on the video although I am sceptical of YouTube videos like the one posted and what the motives of the YouTuber are. I also made comment on public messaging about being healthy... given previous posts from that posters i think there may be a subtext.

Finally,  there is no issue with questions and only moderators have the ability to censor.. some of the questions are questions I asked myself but with a quick Google I found the answers, I didn't just think because I didn't understand something it must be suspious.