Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: lenny on December 17, 2021, 05:05:33 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 17, 2021, 03:52:34 PM
Quote from: joemamas on December 17, 2021, 03:15:24 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 17, 2021, 07:14:55 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 17, 2021, 12:08:17 AM
The latest recommendations from nphet is a significant reductions in hospitality hours with a suggested 5pm closing time from next Monday.

Spectators at sporting and live events are also recommended to be kept to very low numbers.

A reduction of numbers attending indoor events, including theatre and cinemas, will also be considered.

What will that 5pm closing time really achieve and could lead to a glut of house parties over the Christmas

Low numbers for indoor events I can somewhat understand but outdoors to revert back to that?
What a bunch of arseholes.

+1

do they really think that people will go home at 5pm.
it finally appears that some of the politicans have the balls to publicly say enough is enough.
lets see does that manifest itself to a vote challenge
at least if you let people stay out to a normal time you have some hope of mask wearing or social distancing or whatever else in the pub and you are giving businesses a fair shout at surviving. This way you're killing businesses except off licences because people will just havr parties etc with 0 chance of mask wearing or social distancing.

Once the rules are set most people will adhere to them. Giving people options to stay out late but telling them something different only confuses the issue. There will be a small number who go ahead with house parties but the vast majority won't bother and will try to stay safe.
People are gonna spend Christmas in the house twiddling their thumbs? Hmm can't see it.

rodney trotter

They are going with 8pm instead of 5.

Gmac

Quote from: dec on December 17, 2021, 05:04:49 PM
Quote from: Gmac on December 17, 2021, 02:25:30 PM
Anyone listen to joe rogans podcast with dr Peter McCullough ?
I thought it was interesting and good to hear a different opinion.

Is there any reason we should listen to Dr Peter McCullough other than him having "a different opinion"? There are plenty of "different opinions" available, however many of them are different from reality.
do what you want, you rather listen to the experts who told you 2 weeks to flatten the curve
Take 2 shots no 3 I mean 4 , stay at home and do nothing until you can't breathe anymore then go to the emergency room ,Wear masks outside , wait 75 years until vaccine approval papers released  ,
You listen to Sanjay Gupta if you want. I asked who listened if you didn't your opinion doesn't matter.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Gmac on December 17, 2021, 05:25:28 PM

Is there any reason we should listen to Dr Peter McCullough other than him having "a different opinion"? There are plenty of "different opinions" available, however many of them are different from reality.
do what you want, you rather listen to the experts who told you 2 weeks to flatten the curve
Take 2 shots no 3 I mean 4 , stay at home and do nothing until you can't breathe anymore then go to the emergency room ,Wear masks outside , wait 75 years until vaccine approval papers released  ,
You listen to Sanjay Gupta if you want. I asked who listened if you didn't your opinion doesn't matter.

false narratives...

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 17, 2021, 05:21:56 PM
They are going with 8pm instead of 5.

Like that makes much of a difference?  Plenty will still be forced to closed.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J70

Ok, so what's the jist of what McCullough is saying?

Itchy

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 05:02:38 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 04:54:16 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 02:13:14 PM
just a little over exaggerated!!!... if you have being listening to the news and still don't understand the role of NPHET and the government probably best to stop watching it..

I know their role and remit but do Nephet know it. Do they f**k.

care to explain how you know it but Nphet don't??? What exactly  in the TOR do they not know..

Yeh leaking information to media before they tell government therefore making it impossible for government to make a fair fully informed decision (based on input from other stakeholders) is not in their remit. Tony covering up smear scandal also not in their remit.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 05:43:37 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 05:02:38 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 04:54:16 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 02:13:14 PM
just a little over exaggerated!!!... if you have being listening to the news and still don't understand the role of NPHET and the government probably best to stop watching it..

I know their role and remit but do Nephet know it. Do they f**k.

care to explain how you know it but Nphet don't??? What exactly  in the TOR do they not know..

Yeh leaking information to media before they tell government therefore making it impossible for government to make a fair fully informed decision (based on input from other stakeholders) is not in their remit. Tony covering up smear scandal also not in their remit.

NPHET for dealing with covid established 27th January 2020 so their TOR has nothing to do with the smear scandal...

How does it make it impossible for government to make a fair fully informed decision if there are leaks or not... the information from NPHET remains the same...

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on December 17, 2021, 05:10:42 PM
Responsible adults will be responsible and do the right thing.
The usual minority of stupid eejits will act like the irresponsible childish fn eejits that they are.
Lol. You enjoy your Christmas maybe have a pint and relax chief.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on December 17, 2021, 05:43:28 PM

listen to it yourself j70 ,I'm not into vaccine conspiracy theories but I do believe very little was done and is still being done to help cure people when they get it at an early stage , he also said fear paralyzed a lot of doctors at the start into inaction . It's a good listen I don't agree with all of it but I don't dismiss it out of hand like some  "experts " on here do .

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Gmac on December 17, 2021, 06:06:36 PM

listen to it yourself j70 ,I'm not into vaccine conspiracy theories but I do believe very little was done and is still being done to help cure people when they get it at an early stage , he also said fear paralyzed a lot of doctors at the start into inaction . It's a good listen I don't agree with all of it but I don't dismiss it out of hand like some  "experts " on here do .

One thing I'll say is that getting a GP to answer tye phone has been very very frustrating

J70

I'll give it a go next week. I've listened to some of Rogan's stuff and found it reasonable. Although when I listened it was because of the guests. Haven't heard his more controversial stuff.

RedHand88

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 17, 2021, 06:31:14 PM

One thing I'll say is that getting a GP to answer tye phone has been very very frustrating

They are answering phones non stop. Demand is unprecedented at the moment.

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 17, 2021, 06:31:14 PM

Demand is definitely unprecedented, but there's very few Health Centres in Derry for example that haven't lost staff in the last wee while. Admin staff are literally walking out the door without other work secured as they cannot take the abuse from patients. On top of that you've staff (admin and health professionals) off isolating. It's an awful environment for them to be working in at the minute.

RedHand88

I work in it myself. It's got really nasty this last few months.