Hound

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 08, 2021, 02:09:36 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 08, 2021, 01:20:18 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 08, 2021, 12:59:32 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 08, 2021, 12:36:53 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 08, 2021, 12:04:19 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 08, 2021, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2021, 11:12:07 AM
What are the long covid risks? They're not zero.

What are the Vaccination risks? They're not zero.

vaccination risks are less than getting COvid, and pretty much everyone is going to get Covid now.

Quote from: seafoid on November 08, 2021, 12:00:55 PM
Covid will probably be with us for a few more winters. Tourism is probably banjaxed for the foreseeable. Sell Ryanair
Vaccinations will only work for so long. Boosters will be the default.

Covid will be with us, but if they can get some more of the unvaxxed jabbed and can vaccinate the children then it will not circulate widely. It remains to be seen when people will need another booster after the current round, likely this will be longer than 6 month anyway. In a year's time an improved vaccine may be available, any improvement would cut down circulation.

It will. It will spread in the likes of schools but the  vast majority of children won't suffer badly.   The last few months, very few people are adhering to any guidance at all. Masks are in the minority in shops and among people mixing indoors.  So  to say it's all the fault of the unvaccinated is wrong.

A neighbour of ours kid has been wearing her mask all the time in school,  even in the classroom. Most of the rest aren't , and shes being ridiculed and teased by the others  to the point of  her Coming home in tears.  It'll just be a matter of time before she gives  up wearing it,  if it hasn't happened already . Where's the responsibility of the schools to enforce masks? Why leave this kid out to dry?

It's got to the stage where soon, life will continue similar to pre-pandemic, and nobody will care. Cases  will remain high, and nobody will pay any attention to it.  People will continue to die, and nobody will bat an eyelid.

Dunno bout bars and pubs, but in shops where I am it's still about 80%+ wearing masks. And there's nothing to say it's not unvaccinated as much as vaccinated not wearing them.

People will care when the health services are being stretched. People will care if the death rate starts creeping up. You are hoping that it will get to the stage when no one is paying attention to it and you can continue with your life without any inconvenience. Most others are hoping we can get it In check. There is a huge difference.

Aye, because that's what I said  ::)

Any shop I've been in it's  probably 30% mask wearing, if that. And that's from people of  all ages.

I think it's a fair representation of your position on Covid.
As mentioned above, It's nowhere near 30% mask wearing. Not even close.
Presume this 30% mask wearing stuff is in the North.

Where I am in Dublin, it's 100% mask wearing in schools and shops. Some pubs though are more lax than others in policing mask wearing when moving. There are two bookies in my area that I drop into on a Saturday morning, and they are both very stringent on no mask = no entry.

imtommygunn

It only seems to be in one place in the north though. I see very high uptake in mask wearing in adults.

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2021, 02:57:25 PM
It only seems to be in one place in the north though. I see very high uptake in mask wearing in adults.

And the same place were 100% of those doubled jabbed are going around licking each others faces

BennyCake

vaccination risks are less than getting COvid, and pretty much everyone is going to get Covid now.

Covid will probably be with us for a few more winters. Tourism is probably banjaxed for the foreseeable. Sell Ryanair

Covid will be with us, but if they can get some more of the unvaxxed jabbed and can vaccinate the children then it will not circulate widely. It remains to be seen when people will need another booster after the current round, likely this will be longer than 6 month anyway. In a year's time an improved vaccine may be available, any improvement would cut down circulation.

It will. It will spread in the likes of schools but the  vast majority of children won't suffer badly.   The last few months, very few people are adhering to any guidance at all. Masks are in the minority in shops and among people mixing indoors.  So  to say it's all the fault of the unvaccinated is wrong.

A neighbour of ours kid has been wearing her mask all the time in school,  even in the classroom. Most of the rest aren't , and shes being ridiculed and teased by the others  to the point of  her Coming home in tears.  It'll just be a matter of time before she gives  up wearing it,  if it hasn't happened already . Where's the responsibility of the schools to enforce masks? Why leave this kid out to dry?

It's got to the stage where soon, life will continue similar to pre-pandemic, and nobody will care. Cases  will remain high, and nobody will pay any attention to it.  People will continue to die, and nobody will bat an eyelid.

Dunno bout bars and pubs, but in shops where I am it's still about 80%+ wearing masks. And there's nothing to say it's not unvaccinated as much as vaccinated not wearing them.

People will care when the health services are being stretched. People will care if the death rate starts creeping up. You are hoping that it will get to the stage when no one is paying attention to it and you can continue with your life without any inconvenience. Most others are hoping we can get it In check. There is a huge difference.

Any shop I've been in it's  probably 30% mask wearing, if that. And that's from people of  all ages.

Good luck  finding any post of mine saying so

As for mask wearing. I go into a mixture of shops, from the local store/filling station to the big supermarket. All would rarely be over 50%. A lot of times it's maybe 1 in 4 or 5 wearing them

armaghniac

Quote from: JoG2 on November 08, 2021, 02:59:17 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2021, 02:57:25 PM

And the same place were 100% of those doubled jabbed are going around licking each others faces

What class of place is this?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on November 08, 2021, 03:08:48 PM

As for mask wearing. I go into a mixture of shops, from the local store/filling station to the big supermarket. All would rarely be over 50%. A lot of times it's maybe 1 in 4 or 5 wearing them

Ok I'll rephrase that to be fair. You think the vaccines are driven by big pharma and that it's all a master plan to get you on the system. You think there are alternatives to the vaccines but have been unable to put a coherent argument across on that.

But no one believes you with the 30% argument. It's just nonsense.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tony Baloney

Benny where do you live so that I can avoid going into the shops? I'd reckon in my local shop, petrol station, large supermarket etc. that mask wearing is no less than 70% compliance at the minute and the majority of the 30% are under 30s. Noses sticking out of masks currently sitting at a solid 100% amongst our European friends.

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 08, 2021, 03:39:32 PM

Ok I'll rephrase that to be fair. You think the vaccines are driven by big pharma and that it's all a master plan to get you on the system. You think there are alternatives to the vaccines but have been unable to put a coherent argument across on that.

Well, big Pharma are making the vaccines aren't they? And do you really think the big pharma are  100% trustful?

Why would I lie about that? I'm merely pointing out what I'm seeing  :o

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on November 08, 2021, 04:32:58 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 08, 2021, 03:39:32 PM

Well, big Pharma are making the vaccines aren't they? And do you really think the big pharma are  100% trustful?

Why would I lie about that? I'm merely pointing out what I'm seeing  :o

I honestly don't know why you would. But you have.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 08, 2021, 03:50:00 PM
Benny where do you live so that I can avoid going into the shops? I'd reckon in my local shop, petrol station, large supermarket etc. that mask wearing is no less than 70% compliance at the minute and the majority of the 30% are under 30s. Noses sticking out of masks currently sitting at a solid 100% amongst our European friends.

I'm thinking in smaller shops,  when someone nips in to pay for fuel and pick up a  loaf or something, they maybe think "sure I'm only going on for a minute. I won't need a mask".  I've seen in those sort of shops very few wearing, maybe as low as 1 in 4/5.  Larger supermarkets might have  slightly more, as people think they need them as they'll be there longer.

Bookies have signs 'no mask no bet', but few have them on. And some that do are under chin/nose. Similar ratio, 1 in 4/5. A lot of youngsters/teens don't tend to have them but slot of older folk too.

I have noticed in chemist more wear them. The chemists themselves all wear them so maybe the fact that they wear masks  has an affect on customers   wearing them too, I don't know

Milltown Row2

So is it a fault of the shop keepers or people just being Cnuts and not following the guidelines?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

highorlow

What this 4th "wave" is really proving is that lockdown was a total nonsense. There have been very few outbreaks in pubs, hotels and restaurants.

The below is from the last week in October, it will be interesting to see if they keep this reporting going as it really is proving Tony H and his anti drinking agenda wrong.

Key Points (Week 43 2021):
 Data on 128 outbreaks were reported to HPSC by regional Departments of Public Health for week 43 2021 (Table 1a, Table 2a, Table 3a)
 Six new nursing home outbreaks were reported with 15 confirmed linked cases
 One new community hospital/long-term care facility outbreak was reported with two
confirmed linked cases
 There were six new acute hospital outbreaks reported with 29 confirmed linked cases
 There were 7 new residential institution outbreaks reported with 31 confirmed linked
cases; six outbreaks were in centres for disabilities and one was in a Children's/TUSLA
residential centre
 There were six outbreaks in other healthcare services (two in clients of home care
services; three in day care centres and one in a GP clinic) with 20 confirmed linked cases
 Eighteen workplace outbreaks were reported with 58 confirmed linked cases; including
two in other food production and processing, two in construction, 11 in other workplace types (including office, commercial, manufacturing, defence/justice/emergency services, health and dental) and three in 'not specified/unknown/other' workplaces
 There were five new outbreaks reported in schools with 32 confirmed linked cases, four in primary schools, and one in a post-primary school
 One outbreak was reported in childcare facilities with two confirmed linked cases
 There was one University/College associated outbreak with three confirmed linked
cases
 There were eight outbreaks related to retail outlets with 25 confirmed linked cases
 There were four new public house associated outbreaks with 11 confirmed linked cases
 There were four new hotel associated outbreaks with 16 confirmed linked cases
 There were three new travel related outbreaks with 19 confirmed linked cases from
Lisbon, Alicante and Malaga
 The remaining 58 outbreaks were across other locations: private houses (n=43)1; social
gatherings (n=4); extended family (n=3); religious/other ceremony (n=3); transport (n=1); restaurant/café (n=1); sporting activity/fitness (n=1); not specified/other locations (n=2)
There were 11 outbreaks reported in vulnerable groups/key populations (Table 1b, 2b 3b):
 Eight of the reported outbreaks (private house=6, extended family=1, social gathering=1) involved Irish Travellers with 47 confirmed linked cases
 There was one outbreak associated with clients of women/children's refuges with two confirmed linked cases
 There was one outbreak in third level students (outbreak location university/college setting) with three confirmed linked cases
 There was one outbreak associated with asylum seekers/refugees with two confirmed linked cases
Figure 1 summarises th

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

imtommygunn

How is it proving lockdown is a total nonsense?

The selective nature of some of it is nonsense yes but the general principle is not. It is just unsustainable.

Eire90

seems like the government are trying to blame the pub industry were pub owners not warned that government would do this to them throw them  under the bus hand them a few crumbs

seafoid

Lockdowns were used until the vaccine came along. Now the vast majority of deaths concern the unvaccinated.