trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 09:07:23 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 15, 2021, 08:40:55 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 05:34:20 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 15, 2021, 02:20:07 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 10:58:16 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 15, 2021, 10:52:27 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 10:42:02 AM
Lad's I'm no conspiracy theorist or Gemma O'D supporting loon, but if you think it is anyones business bar your own who is and isn't vaccinated you are f**king nuts. Fair play to all the bars and restaurants who have said they will not be asking if you are vaccinated or not.

If someone doesn't want to get a covid vaccine then that is their choice. If someone wants to make a comparison between Nazi Germany and vaccinations then they absolutely deserve to be ridiculed and called out for their ignorance.

But it's not their choice, is it? It is for now, but not much longer.

Did they not give forced vaccines in the concentration camps?

Are you for real? You're comparing covid-19 vaccinations with the torture carried out in camps like Aushwitz. That's just mind boggling that you consider that a fair comparison and doesn't deserve a reply.

If you don't want to get the covid vaccine that's your choice, but if you are prevented from going somewhere because of it then you can't complain. For example If you want to smoke you can't go into a pub or restaurant. If you don't get the vaccine you are more likely to get covid as the vaccines can't guarantee you won't get covid, so why should I or anyone else be put at risk by being in the same closed space as an unvaccinated person 

You always have a choice in terms of getting the vaccine, but there are consequences for the choice not to take it and you have to decide if you are willing to accept them

I'm asking the question. I didn't compare. Concentration camps is not something I'm interested in, but they say that forced vaccinations apparently occurred in them.

You don't have a choice though. You do for now, but eventually you will be cut off from society if you don't. Even if you wear masks, socially distance, wash hands etc, you'll still be banned from all establishments. And it will be ALL establishments. So, you DONT have a choice. That's as near to forced vaccinations as it's possible to get.

Seriously lad cop the f**k on. I've been to Aushwitz, have you? If you don't want the vaccine, then that's on you. But to bring in the f**king Nazis to any argument should tell you you've already lost the argument.

All I'll say is grow up, cop on and visit Aushwitz. Then maybe you'll realize what real forced hell is like

No I havent been. I told you, it doesn't interest me, so why would I? And I didn't bring the nazis into the argument. I asked a question about the camps.

Serious backtracking going on Benny.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

thebigfella

Lad's I'm no conspiracy theorist or Gemma O'D supporting loon, but if you think it is anyones business bar your own who is and isn't vaccinated you are f**king nuts. Fair play to all the bars and restaurants who have said they will not be asking if you are vaccinated or not.

If someone doesn't want to get a covid vaccine then that is their choice. If someone wants to make a comparison between Nazi Germany and vaccinations then they absolutely deserve to be ridiculed and called out for their ignorance.

Are you for real? You're comparing covid-19 vaccinations with the torture carried out in camps like Aushwitz. That's just mind boggling that you consider that a fair comparison and doesn't deserve a reply.

If you don't want to get the covid vaccine that's your choice, but if you are prevented from going somewhere because of it then you can't complain. For example If you want to smoke you can't go into a pub or restaurant. If you don't get the vaccine you are more likely to get covid as the vaccines can't guarantee you won't get covid, so why should I or anyone else be put at risk by being in the same closed space as an unvaccinated person 

You always have a choice in terms of getting the vaccine, but there are consequences for the choice not to take it and you have to decide if you are willing to accept them

I'm asking the question. I didn't compare. Concentration camps is not something I'm interested in, but they say that forced vaccinations apparently occurred in them.

You don't have a choice though. You do for now, but eventually you will be cut off from society if you don't. Even if you wear masks, socially distance, wash hands etc, you'll still be banned from all establishments. And it will be ALL establishments. So, you DONT have a choice. That's as near to forced vaccinations as it's possible to get.

Seriously lad cop the f**k on. I've been to Aushwitz, have you? If you don't want the vaccine, then that's on you. But to bring in the f**king Nazis to any argument should tell you you've already lost the argument.

All I'll say is grow up, cop on and visit Aushwitz. Then maybe you'll realize what real forced hell is like

No I havent been. I told you, it doesn't interest me, so why would I? And I didn't bring the nazis into the argument. I asked a question about the camps.

You should go, you might actually learn something.

BennyCake

Quote from: JoG2 on July 15, 2021, 09:11:04 PM

"welcome to Nazi Germany". Take a break from Internet Benny, you need it.

Yes, I was pointing out the similarities to Ireland's new apartheid laws.

BennyCake

Quote from: thebigfella on July 15, 2021, 09:23:16 PM

You should go, you might actually learn something.

Nah, you're alright.

trailer

Milltown Row2

Benny we've rules for everything, over 18 to get into bars, over 21 for other bars..

Passports to get into countries and visas plus passport to get into other's countries, and visas passports and vaccines to get into other countries

We've vaccinated our kids and we've all been vaccinated as youngsters

We are constantly following rules, this current rule will help those small businesses that you are so worried about

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2021, 09:47:17 PM
Benny we've rules for everything, over 18 to get into bars, over 21 for other bars..

Passports to get into countries and visas plus passport to get into other's countries, and visas passports and vaccines to get into other countries

We are constantly following rules, this current rule will help those small businesses that you are so worried about

We'll see.

tiempo

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 15, 2021, 07:51:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2021, 07:26:21 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 15, 2021, 07:17:51 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 15, 2021, 07:07:16 PM
994 cases in the 26 today
Over 1,000 in the 6.
As was predicted over a week ago by Government. The "spiral of fear" they warned against hasn't been heeded by the national media, no surprise there.

How many are hospitalised?

Friend double vaccinated got a cough, tested and positive, no other issues.
80 total in hospital. 22 in ICU.

Quote from: tiempo on July 15, 2021, 07:36:32 PM
Got a pal who got it, is double vaccinated, and got it again. Its biochemical/physiolocigal Russian roulette, there won't be a silver bullet fix. Predicting Boris' let it rip strategy will be a fuckup, time will tell

Double vaccinated people getting the virus now will mostly only get a mild illness or none at all. England have a good portion of the most vulnerable vaccinated so hardly letting it rip it.

Boris is actively facilitating a mass spike in cases to get his desired herd immunity, what he wanted from the outset, to the extent its back to normal life from Monday, no stampzies no tangles no f**k all, very much letting it rip

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 09:50:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2021, 09:47:17 PM

We'll see.

So the current situation is better?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/6554dc23-3a0e-4bf1-a477-dabd5867d4cd

Pub groups including Greene King — which operates 2,700 pubs across the UK — said they would return to allowing customers to order at the bar and would drop social distancing arrangements as they look to maximise sales after being closed for the majority of the past year.

"With confirmation from the government that restrictions will be relaxed on 19 July, we can finally look forward to getting back to what we do best," said Greene King. Humphrey Cobbold, chief executive of the gym group PureGym, said masks would be optional

According to a survey by the Night Time Industries Association, 83 per cent of nightlife venues will not require customers to show a "Covid passport" upon entry despite the government's recommendation that they do so.

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on July 16, 2021, 06:34:49 AM
https://www.ft.com/content/6554dc23-3a0e-4bf1-a477-dabd5867d4cd

Pub groups including Greene King — which operates 2,700 pubs across the UK — said they would return to allowing customers to order at the bar and would drop social distancing arrangements as they look to maximise sales after being closed for the majority of the past year.

"With confirmation from the government that restrictions will be relaxed on 19 July, we can finally look forward to getting back to what we do best," said Greene King. Humphrey Cobbold, chief executive of the gym group PureGym, said masks would be optional

According to a survey by the Night Time Industries Association, 83 per cent of nightlife venues will not require customers to show a "Covid passport" upon entry despite the government's recommendation that they do so.
Things you love to see

seafoid

France is 5 weeks behind the UK. Ireland is probably closer because of the interface with the Occupied Territories. 

22 June
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/rapid-rise-in-coronavirus-delta-variant-in-ireland-over-past-week-to-be-discussed-at-cabinet-1.4599743
A further 284 confirmed cases of the virus were reported in the Republic yesterday. A total 53 people are being treated in hospital for the disease with 13 in intensive care

16/7
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-significant-acceleration-in-spread-as-994-cases-reported-in-state-1.4621441
Covid-19: 'Significant acceleration' in spread as 994 cases reported in State

trailer

The fact remains that the number of fully vaccinated people presenting to hospital remains low. At this stages cases are not a good metric. The vast majority of cases now occur in the under 39 age group and unvaccinated.

Milltown Row2

So the mate who is positive after being double jabbed, the coughing symptom that brought it to his attention, it's gone, he'd a golfing trip and afters party, all ones at it were negative after being pinged having had to have tests, his wife is also negative, but the inconvenience to those lads means 10 day isolation!

So the policy needs looked at in these types of cases, if double jabbed and working with people vaccinated then life can go on, I can understand if there's interaction with non vaccinated people, that's why the more who get it we can open up more.

But we seemed to be half in half out, was overhearing a conversation at a restaurant yesterday in Dublin, barman double jabbed, one customer also telling him she's double jabbed, her dinner date turned up and the conversation was still on about vaccination, he's been jabbed once but cancelled the other one! Why bother getting jabbed at all?

seafoid

The risk with a 4th variant before vaccination has been completed is the development of a new variant that is resistant to vaccination.
Unlike the Wuhan variant , Delta is strong in summer.