China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

I personally know of one house with 5 positive

Last Man

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 02, 2021, 07:29:45 PM
I personally know of one house with 5 positive
Hardly surprising, of the 5 how many hospitalised is of more interest.

Eamonnca1

I hear there's a strain from Vietnam that's a derivative of the Indian strain. It's been imported back to China, and a state in China the size of France is in complete lockdown. Apparently this strain is more deadly and more airborne as opposed to touch spread. Goods are having a hard time getting out of that region because of it, and there's a media blackout in China about it.

My source is a contact in the trucking industry.

highorlow

Why can't match crowds even limited to 50% capacity for men's GAA games form part of the "outdoor summer" mantra.

Covid is over, it was over last February and was over in late April 2020.

It will be back again in October/ November in some other form and this is regardless of the vaccines. This is no longer about covid, never was really. Snowflake generation led by social media.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

armaghniac

Quote from: highorlow on June 03, 2021, 01:09:06 AM
Why can't match crowds even limited to 50% capacity for men's GAA games form part of the "outdoor summer" mantra.

It will be back again in October/ November in some other form and this is regardless of the vaccines. This is no longer about covid, never was really. Snowflake generation led by social media.

Go to bed and have a good night's sleep.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

highorlow

Covid is the equivalent of a massive pile up on the m50 on a particular day where multiple deaths occurred as a result and the only solution then was to close the m50 for as long as it takes to convince the public that the closure was the correct solution.

The public have found other roads. This bank holiday weekend will be a major freedom celebration, one can already sense it among the younger folk around Dublin. Thank goodness for them.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

armaghniac

Quote from: highorlow on June 03, 2021, 01:32:42 AM
Covid is the equivalent of a massive pile up on the m50 on a particular day where multiple deaths occurred as a result and the only solution then was to close the m50 for as long as it takes to convince the public that the closure was the correct solution.

The public have found other roads. This bank holiday weekend will be a major freedom celebration, one can already sense it among the younger folk around Dublin. Thank goodness for them.

Yes, thank God for gurriers, we will have them always.

Gmac

Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2021, 01:24:49 AM

there was 135k at Indy 500

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on June 03, 2021, 03:35:10 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2021, 01:24:49 AM

there was 135k at Indy 500

Are we to follow the US policies on Covid? Cause they did a grand job...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Individual states more or less did their own thing. Some imposed extreme measures, some quite relaxed. Hasn't appeared to have made much difference which approach was used, the average health of the population a much bigger factor I'd say.

maddog

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 02, 2021, 11:17:36 PM
I hear there's a strain from Vietnam that's a derivative of the Indian strain. It's been imported back to China, and a state in China the size of France is in complete lockdown. Apparently this strain is more deadly and more airborne as opposed to touch spread. Goods are having a hard time getting out of that region because of it, and there's a media blackout in China about it.

My source is a contact in the trucking industry.

Yantian operating at about 30% capacity due to outbreak. As well as the health side of it there will be a knock on effect in terms of supply of goods westbound. They will likely use it to increase shipping rates out of China due to capacity being squeezed. Few years ago a 40ft box China into Europe was about $2000 now its $10,000.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Last Man on June 03, 2021, 09:07:08 AM
Individual states more or less did their own thing. Some imposed extreme measures, some quite relaxed. Hasn't appeared to have made much difference which approach was used, the average health of the population a much bigger factor I'd say.

Got a source for that claim?

Gmac

you are correct and New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts have the most deaths per 100k with New Jersey the most at 295 per 100k and all above would have had a strict lockdown.
Hawaii Vermont and Alaska are the bottom of chart .
Of the 580k deaths 520k plus over 60 also take into account a 30/35% obesity rate in adults seriously making virus much more deadly.

armaghniac

Quote from: Gmac on June 03, 2021, 06:18:55 PM
you are correct and New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts have the most deaths per 100k with New Jersey the most at 295 per 100k and all above would have had a strict lockdown.
Hawaii Vermont and Alaska are the bottom of chart .
Of the 580k deaths 520k plus over 60 also take into account a 30/35% obesity rate in adults seriously making virus much more deadly.

Which id the chicken and which is the egg here? Places with fewer cases for whatever reason did not need harsh restrictions, this with a lot of cases needed a lot of restrictions to get things under control.

Farrandeelin

Got my second moderna vaccine on Wednesday. Worse after-effects than dose one. Thankfully I feel back to normal today. Thanks to Evil Genius for preparing me for it with an article he posted on this or the vaccine thread.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.