China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

How do you explain spikes in places like France now? Or even India?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 24, 2021, 04:55:29 PM
How do you explain spikes in places like France now? Or even India?

He can't, unless our winters start in March and finish in June and start again in September! Obviously missed that lesson in primary school.

Now he's convinced flu is actually Covid! What a dunce
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update

Cases 3135 (534 more than last week but we had over 10,000 extra tests carried out this week)

Reported deaths 43 (11 fewer than last week)

In hospital 174 (7 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 45 (2 fewer than last Sunday)

armaghniac

The vaccination in the 26 counties has now cranked up with more than 1% of the adult population being jabbed in the last few days, the 26 has moved to more pro rate than the 6 counties, so begins to catch up. If they deliver the vaccine quantities ordered by the end of June then everyone will have a first dose by 12 July, and everyone will be completely done by the 15th of August. Deliveries are a problem, but 60% of it is Pfizer and they are taking orders at this stage, so it will be done in the summer either way.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

All adults by the 12th July? That's an amazing turn around, well done to get both jabs in after falling behind
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2021, 07:04:17 PM
All adults by the 12th July? That's an amazing turn around, well done to get both jabs in after falling behind

First jab by then and a month to catch up on the second jab. They need to start on the teenagers then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Things are very bad in India. Mutant Covid versions will emerge and threaten the efficacy of vaccines. The pandemic isn't over by a long shot.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/indians-starve-as-covid-crisis-deepens/

Unable to keep up with the soaring number of deaths, mass cremations are taking place in parking lots and others are having to keep the bodies of their loved ones in their homes.
But beneath the headlines a wider hunger crisis is building, one that if left unchecked could start to engulf large parts of the country. Approximately 90 per cent of India's 500 million-strong workforce are employed informally, living hand to mouth, day to to day.

GetOverTheBar

Irresponsible article there, mentions the lockdown like nothing is working and it's a major unexplained crisis.

Makes no mention to Covid running wild being entirely their own fault for the sake of a religious festival.

You can't help people who don't want to be helped.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-millions-of-indians-travel-to-celebrate-maha-kumbh-mela-despite-rising-coronavirus-rates-12273435

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 26, 2021, 12:23:34 PM
Irresponsible article there, mentions the lockdown like nothing is working and it's a major unexplained crisis.

Makes no mention to Covid running wild being entirely their own fault for the sake of a religious festival.

You can't help people who don't want to be helped.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-millions-of-indians-travel-to-celebrate-maha-kumbh-mela-despite-rising-coronavirus-rates-12273435

Correct.
Sarasswati Dattani, 56, has travelled over 400 miles (644km) from Rajasthan with her husband.

She tells Sky News: "Our children had tried to stop us because of coronavirus.
"I am not afraid, Mother Ganga is with us all the time.
"People are getting the virus sitting at home. We have to die once, it's all in God's hands."

This is a crisis entirely of their own making. Contrast this with my own Mother (and many others) who has barely left the house in over a year and that was only to go out for a short drive in the car.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on April 26, 2021, 12:16:30 PM
Things are very bad in India. Mutant Covid versions will emerge and threaten the efficacy of vaccines. The pandemic isn't over by a long shot.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/indians-starve-as-covid-crisis-deepens/

Unable to keep up with the soaring number of deaths, mass cremations are taking place in parking lots and others are having to keep the bodies of their loved ones in their homes.
But beneath the headlines a wider hunger crisis is building, one that if left unchecked could start to engulf large parts of the country. Approximately 90 per cent of India's 500 million-strong workforce are employed informally, living hand to mouth, day to to day.

Get a bit of perspective please.. Smurphy, so the math for these ones  :o

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on April 26, 2021, 12:16:30 PM

Try using a if when giving an opinion.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on April 15, 2021, 07:58:37 AM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2021, 02:25:15 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 14, 2021, 11:50:43 AM
We need Sid and Angelo back. This thread has become one of discussion, fact and opinion.

Not what I signed up for.
think I stumbled on him on twitter @angeloOfTyrone if you miss him

A big fan of Ewan MacKenna.

And two of the 17 people he follows is Gript and John McGurk...I knew that's where he was getting half his "facts" and links from.

Sigh.

That Twitter account is one of Sid's many parody accounts and has nothing to do with me.

Can I also inform the forum that this weirdo Louther ended up signing up to another forum to stalk me after I was banned here.

That is not normal behaviour.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2021, 07:58:05 AM
That's wrong, Angelo said India had it sussed

No I didn't.

Not unusual to see you conflating things. Covid will spike and Covid will fizzle out periodically that's what happens with it. Once it's there it will spread and lockdowns don't seem to be at all effective in dealing with it. You look at this island, even after months of Lockdowns cases were still in the thousands.

It's certainly serious over there but it's no worse than the situation we had in the north at Christmas in terms of relative numbers, The daily case rate is 1 positive test in 4000 for India at present, that would be the equivalent of 475 positive tests in the north.

The notion that lockdowns work is completely false. How did lockdowns fare on this island?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Angelo on April 26, 2021, 03:28:40 PM
We need Sid and Angelo back. This thread has become one of discussion, fact and opinion.

And two of the 17 people he follows is Gript and John McGurk...I knew that's where he was getting half his "facts" and links from.

Sigh.

That Twitter account is one of Sid's many parody accounts and has nothing to do with me.

Can I also inform the forum that this weirdo Louther ended up signing up to another forum to stalk me after I was banned here.

Yeah right  ;D

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on April 26, 2021, 03:28:40 PM

Sigh.

;D ;D ;D Don't flatter yourself wee man.

Only one parody account round here and that's you.

An out and out bluffer. It's better than the last excuse of the big Italian republican community round Tyrone.