China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: sid waddell on March 02, 2021, 11:38:11 PM
Nothing extreme about their views at all - it's government policies throughout the western world which have proved extreme

The people you name deal in reality
and caution, which is absolutely right

You obviously can't handle that

Good one sid  ;D  those people are all part of the zero covid group which isn't a reality on this island.

It not my problem If you can't or choose not to see the objective of those chaps whom aren't at all helpful to the set policies in place and trying to have people to keep their current compliance levels.

sid waddell

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 02, 2021, 11:53:50 PM
Nothing extreme about their views at all - it's government policies throughout the western world which have proved extreme

Good one sid  ;D  those people are all part of the zero covid group which isn't a reality on this island.

It not my problem If you can't or choose not to see the objective of those chaps whom aren't at all helpful to the set policies in place and trying to have people to keep their current compliance levels.
Zero Covid isn't a reality because the government decided it was too hard to achieve, because they were too lazy to govern

The objective of the ISAG group is quite clearly to advocate for policies which would likely prove of significant benefit to Ireland

The government have quite clearly failed in this regard

People ludicrously call ISAG extremists yet they keep winning the arguments

Hotel quarantine was derided as extreme some months back yet it now has overwhelming public support

NPHET wanted hotel quarantine last May, but the government said no - that was extreme on the government's part

It's the government policies of the past year which have proved extreme

Extreme inaction and folly has led us to the point we're at now

And some people want to repeat the folly yet again

Slow learning for slow learners

Level 5 should remain until June at minimum

joemamas

Quote from: Gmac on March 02, 2021, 08:06:31 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2021, 08:00:18 PM
Mike Ryan of the WHO basically saying it's unrealistic to expect Covid to be over by the end of the year.
when covid ends that means this guy goes back to being a nobody , fauci the same these people who were no names before covid have turned into celebrities and spend half their time on tv or being talked about on social media and that should be looked at as a slight conflict of interests.The smarter we get the dumber we are getting in lots of ways too.

Gmac

Bingo

Of course Trump has to be mentioned in every lazy rebuttal.

Personally thought the WHO have been making it up as they go along.

Google Irish times interview from February 20th 2020, Says it all IMO.
The Chinese Govt deserves credit for putting health and people first

Btw, don't feel one bit sorry for them, they will most likely be doing speaking engagements for
at least the next five years at $50k a pop, first class travel, oh and throw in a book deal or documentary as well.

And if you are still not cynical enough, go back five years or so on the AP story
Re how the WHO spent more on plane and hotels than on AIDS and Malaria.

Captain Obvious

You know well Sid that restrictions will be eased next month so long cases in the community and hospitals continue to decline. Won't be easing at the levels of Christmas but an easing nonetheless. No doubt the ISAG lads will be all over media if any April easing of restrictions are confirmed with their OTT predictions once again.

Getting to a position whereby some supporters are allowed back to GAA games, let's say 500 at a club match it will June or later for that I'd expect.

Armagh18

Quote from: sid waddell on March 03, 2021, 12:01:27 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 02, 2021, 11:53:50 PM

Zero Covid isn't a reality because the government decided it was too hard to achieve, because they were too lazy to govern

The objective of the ISAG group is quite clearly to advocate for policies which would likely prove of significant benefit to Ireland

The government have quite clearly failed in this regard

People ludicrously call ISAG extremists yet they keep winning the arguments

Hotel quarantine was derided as extreme some months back yet it now has overwhelming public support

NPHET wanted hotel quarantine last May, but the government said no - that was extreme on the government's part

It's the government policies of the past year which have proved extreme

Extreme inaction and folly has led us to the point we're at now

And some people want to repeat the folly yet again

Slow learning for slow learners

Level 5 should remain until June at minimum
Don't think you can call anyone else extreme.

Smurfy123

Sid what part are you not getting?
Numbers are plummeting
Vaccines are being administered
All over 60s will be offered a vaccine in the north by St Patrick's Day
Hospitals are no longer under pressure
All health care workers have been offered a vaccine
Cases will be down to double figures next week
Why level 5 until June?
Can you explain your thoughts on why June and not April?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on March 02, 2021, 10:40:38 PM
Mike Ryan of the WHO basically saying it's unrealistic to expect Covid to be over by the end of the year.
when covid ends that means this guy goes back to being a nobody , fauci the same these people who were no names before covid have turned into celebrities and spend half their time on tv or being talked about on social media and that should be looked at as a slight conflict of interests.The smarter we get the dumber we are getting in lots of ways too.

The stick these fellas get for doing their jobs is really weird. Do people really think some one like Fauci wants to prolong the pandemic just so that he and his family can keep their 24/7 armed guard? Celebrity isn't actually that desirable for a great many people, especially those already extremely successful, well paid, and well respected in their chosen fields, and especially especially when it comes with daily death threats.

Furthering the public understanding of science is core responsibility for someone with public health leadership brief, particularly during a public health emergency. That means getting in front of a camera to let people know what you know, and explaining the rationale behind your advice to policy makers.

Would people really prefer the alternative? That these lads stayed in the shadows, and that for the last year we only had Trump, Boris & Arlene to explain the science to us? Just picture that world.

I don't get this either. It seems like a case of I don't like what you are saying , or understand it, so I am just going to criticise you.

I really don't think level 5 should stick until June either. Mainly because zero COVID isn't possible so I don't think that really anyone can realistically expect numbers to get significantly lower than what they are. (Relax it gradually I would advocate)

sid waddell

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 03, 2021, 07:29:25 AM
Quote from: Ed Ricketts on March 02, 2021, 10:40:38 PM

The stick these fellas get for doing their jobs is really weird. Do people really think some one like Fauci wants to prolong the pandemic just so that he and his family can keep their 24/7 armed guard? Celebrity isn't actually that desirable for a great many people, especially those already extremely successful, well paid, and well respected in their chosen fields, and especially especially when it comes with daily death threats.

Furthering the public understanding of science is core responsibility for someone with public health leadership brief, particularly during a public health emergency. That means getting in front of a camera to let people know what you know, and explaining the rationale behind your advice to policy makers.

Would people really prefer the alternative? That these lads stayed in the shadows, and that for the last year we only had Trump, Boris & Arlene to explain the science to us? Just picture that world.

I don't get this either. It seems like a case of I don't like what you are saying , or understand it, so I am just going to criticise you.

I really don't think level 5 should stick until June either. Mainly because zero COVID isn't possible so I don't think that really anyone can realistically expect numbers to get significantly lower than what they are. (Relax it gradually I would advocate)
Wha?

We got down to single figures last summer, keeping it crushed is eminently achievable

Level 5 continues to work, we've got down from 7,000 cases to 379 cases yesterday, the trend is steady

Meanwhile the slowest of the slow learners are desperate for another massive wave

Like lemmings

Sticking with Level 5 and crushing this is BY FAR the most sensible thing to do

thewobbler

The most sanctimonious and pious of c***ts on full display now.

Listen. Selective learning is every bit as abhorrent as the slow learning you are so keen to mock.

Covid zero is not possible while both these islands have an open door policy for travel. Picture just how many of the mini lockdowns in NZ and Australia would be needed in Ireland in the average month, given the current travel policy.

Then ask yourself what benefit there is to maintaining level 5 until Covid is all but extinguished here? What so that we can say "we did it"?

The slow learners you are so quick to deride might just, as usual, have weighed things up more carefully than a **** with a huge f**king chip weighing him down.

Blowitupref

Anyone that thinks we should stick to level 5 until June are on the cautious side and a caution with variants. Our surge happened before the variants,  when we had 6000 cases per day average only about 20% of those cases came from a new variant,  what variants did mostly is slow down the fall. Variants are somewhat overplayed but I understand why there is a concern.

May 18th last year when level 5 restrictions was relaxed we had 7 day average of 161 cases per day and that was from 40,000 weekly tests so it was higher than reported and was 386 in hospital. Oh and we had no vaccines.

All going well by next month we should have a lower hospital number and 250 cases per day average or lower from more than double the amount tests.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on March 03, 2021, 08:27:30 AM
The most sanctimonious and pious of c***ts on full display now.

Listen. Selective learning is every bit as abhorrent as the slow learning you are so keen to mock.

Covid zero is not possible while both these islands have an open door policy for travel. Picture just how many of the mini lockdowns in NZ and Australia would be needed in Ireland in the average month, given the current travel policy.

Then ask yourself what benefit there is to maintaining level 5 until Covid is all but extinguished here? What so that we can say "we did it"?

The slow learners you are so quick to deride might just, as usual, have weighed things up more carefully than a **** with a huge f**king chip weighing him down.
I laughed when YOU, of all people, called me a sanctimonious, pious ****  ;D

Because that's exactly what you are, with the emphasis very much on the **** part

You are one the slowest of the slow learners

One would hope so at least, because the alternative is pretty grotesque

And a desperately dislikeable person, I think you have serious anger issues

At Christmas you were the guy who was quoting a Covid denier telling us there was nothing more to say about the pandemic

You were the guy who thought Level 5 was an anti-GAA conspiracy

A fool

It's people like YOU who are responsible for spreading the scientifically illiterate bullshit that ended up with a massive wave that killed my father

So kindly go and fook yourself

You ****

thewobbler

Let's get one thing very very clear.

I did not kill your father.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on March 03, 2021, 09:17:06 AM
Let's get one thing very very clear.

I did not kill your father.
No

But you were part of the mindless rush to open up which killed him and two thousand others

And you'd no doubt demand another two thousand dead just so you can get your pints

You should probably have a bit of shame and keep your trap shut, because you've nothing of knowledge or interest to contribute on this topic

You just copy and paste professional contrarian bullshit "opinions" while constantly wallowing in fake victimhood

You're free to do that but I'm free to call your "opinions" what they are - ultra-self-entitled bullshit

Mike Tyson

I think it's in everyone's best interests that some sort of easing of lockdown is passed. From reading on here it is doing severe damage to the mental health and stability of certain posters.

Maybe the return of good weather will encourage people to go outdoors for some fresh air and step away from the keyboard.

sid waddell

It seems to be doing most damage to the mental health of people of the sort of posters that generally poo poo mental health as an issue

These are usually the sort of people that don't read, so no wonder they're finding it tough