China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Louther on February 04, 2021, 02:02:10 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2021, 01:42:34 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 04, 2021, 12:17:13 PM
Sad that local places can't operate a click and collect or a phone and collect.

So wrong.

It is. But that is the plan, to crush small businesses. They're making the rules to benefit their big business chums.

I shouldn't ask but please enlighten me on this tale. The reasoning behind these conspiracy theories are fascinating in themselves.

Are you saying that Amazon/Google/ASOS/Nike etc (to name a few random online retailers) have got together with heads of state all over the world, in countries that operate under different regimes and social standards from communists to capitalists to royal families to liberals and they have followed rules and imposed restrictions so Doris the Hairdresser, Joe the florist, Barry the Bookie and Maggie's nail bar is closed down and put out of business. Ignoring that the heads of state have borrowed Billions to give to these people so that they open up again. Yet these has all remained under wraps.

The business chums included in this plan must have ignored anyone from the hospitality sector or suppliers to the smaller retailers.

In fairness it's a serious operation that Business Chums Inc have pulled off. Credit due to them, must have serious and loyal employees who have held it all together.

It's all big business, big pharma, big governments fault.

Milltown Row2

Somebody must be barred on this thread today... probably having a fit as we post
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

So wrong.

It is. But that is the plan, to crush small businesses. They're making the rules to benefit their big business chums.

I shouldn't ask but please enlighten me on this tale. The reasoning behind these conspiracy theories are fascinating in themselves.

Are you saying that Amazon/Google/ASOS/Nike etc (to name a few random online retailers) have got together with heads of state all over the world, in countries that operate under different regimes and social standards from communists to capitalists to royal families to liberals and they have followed rules and imposed restrictions so Doris the Hairdresser, Joe the florist, Barry the Bookie and Maggie's nail bar is closed down and put out of business. Ignoring that the heads of state have borrowed Billions to give to these people so that they open up again. Yet these has all remained under wraps.

The business chums included in this plan must have ignored anyone from the hospitality sector or suppliers to the smaller retailers.

In fairness it's a serious operation that Business Chums Inc have pulled off. Credit due to them, must have serious and loyal employees who have held it all together.

Look at the tax incentives that big corporations get. Look at the rise of zero hour contracts and the erosion of basic workers rights. It's been raised during the pandemic that lots of people on zero hours have continued to work while positive as they wouldn't get sick pay to stay home and isolate. You have to ask, why zero hour contracts are allowed and which type of businesses use these in huge numbers.

Have heard shoe/clothes shop owners asking why they have to close, while big supermarkets can sell shoes/clothes. Small shops could contain numbers easier than big stores. If you can't see a link with these sort of things, you're walking around with your eyes closed.

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2021, 04:25:34 PM
Somebody must be barred on this thread today... probably having a fit as we post

Every time someone puts it up to him he slinks off and then reappears starting with someone else.

BennyCake

Quote from: Hereiam on February 04, 2021, 03:58:06 PM
Has America been cured of COVID 19. Since Trump left the white house the BBC news etc have stopped reporting on the situation over there.

Joe the Messiah has sorted it all out.

The media did their best to get rid of Trump because he wasn't playing the game. I do believe now he was right, the election was rigged.

Rossfan

He's off buying tinfoil hats for Benny and th'other lad ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Angelo on February 04, 2021, 03:28:42 PM
Some very good points raised here.

https://twitter.com/MlMcNamaraTD/status/1357327141348769798

He does. The media feed on negativity and they couldn't care less what its doing to those watching. A lot of journalists have become celebrity like on social media with their wall to wall coverage of this virus and if any of them deliver any positive news RTÉ normally wheel out George Lee to give his daily doom and gloom update. Claire Byrne show live outside the hospital a few weeks ago really took the biscuit!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2021, 04:58:30 PM
Has America been cured of COVID 19. Since Trump left the white house the BBC news etc have stopped reporting on the situation over there.

The media did their best to get rid of Trump because he wasn't playing the game. I do believe now he was right, the election was rigged.
Not surprised that you would believe such nonsense.

Louther

Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2021, 04:51:45 PM

So wrong.

Look at the tax incentives that big corporations get. Look at the rise of zero hour contracts and the erosion of basic workers rights. It's been raised during the pandemic that lots of people on zero hours have continued to work while positive as they wouldn't get sick pay to stay home and isolate. You have to ask, why zero hour contracts are allowed and which type of businesses use these in huge numbers.

Have heard shoe/clothes shop owners asking why they have to close, while big supermarkets can sell shoes/clothes. Small shops could contain numbers easier than big stores. If you can't see a link with these sort of things, you're walking around with your eyes closed.

I'm well aware that lobbying goes on and the big players have a lot of sway with what they put on table for "incentives" from the other side, Governments are competing for their business as such. It's not right but I fail to see any connection to that to a pandemic.

Zero hour contracts, pressure to work in pandemic etc, all very relevant and far from been right and sits uncomfortably with myself and many. But these abuses and rules going on long before a pandemic came to the surface and will continue long after.

You point on big supermarkets selling goods while the small high street retailer can't? Don't know about NI or UK but it was one of the big issues down here - Dunnes, Tesco etc all had to close their non-food sections as they only allowed open the food sections. They all treated the same.

Absolute prime conspiracy line - walking round with eyes closed. Second only to "sheep".  ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 04, 2021, 05:07:01 PM

Trump stated he intended to run again... Nope, we'll make it law that you can't.

At least I can call out their bullshit on Twitter... Nope, we'll get you banned.

You don't think them going to all that length is a bit strange?

Then Smiley Joe comes in, good sensible man, smiling face. The smiling face of the evil corporation, akin to Smiley Francis.

Say what you like about Trump, but at least he said what he thought. You knew where you stood with him, regardless of whether you agreed with him or not.

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2021, 05:20:22 PM

Trump stated he intended to run again... Nope, we'll make it law that you can't.

At least I can call out their bullshit on Twitter... Nope, we'll get you banned.

Then Smiley Joe comes in, good sensible man, smiling face. The smiling face of the evil corporation, akin to Smiley Francis.

Say what you like about Trump, but at least he said what he thought. You knew where you stood with him, regardless of whether you agreed with him or not.

Hitler said what he thought.
Mussolini said what he thought.
I'm not comparing Trump to them obviously but it shows how silly the "he says what he thought" line is.

five points

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 04, 2021, 05:28:47 PM

I'm not comparing Trump to them obviously but it shows how silly the "he says what he thought" line is.

You are, really.

BennyCake

Quote from: Louther on February 04, 2021, 05:12:30 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2021, 04:51:45 PM

So wrong.

I'm well aware that lobbying goes on and the big players have a lot of sway with what they put on table for "incentives" from the other side, Governments are competing for their business as such. It's not right but I fail to see any connection to that to a pandemic.

Zero hour contracts, pressure to work in pandemic etc, all very relevant and far from been right and sits uncomfortably with myself and many. But these abuses and rules going on long before a pandemic came to the surface and will continue long after.

You point on big supermarkets selling goods while the small high street retailer can't? Don't know about NI or UK but it was one of the big issues down here - Dunnes, Tesco etc all had to close their non-food sections as they only allowed open the food sections. They all treated the same.

Absolute prime conspiracy line - walking round with eyes closed. Second only to "sheep";D

Yes it will continue. The pandemic has shown up the unfairness of these contracts, and when the country needed everyone to do the right thing (ie. isolate), a lot didn't due to financial reasons. And that is totally understandable if no sick pay is coming your way.

That's not what I was inferring. A lot of the closures/restrictions didn't make any sense. You know that and I know that. But it's just easier for people to shout "conspiracy theorist" than agree with it.

Louther

Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2021, 05:20:22 PM

Trump can run again, the impreachment not going to stick. He has the republicans eating of his hand even when he out if the White House. They afraid of their life he'll split the party.

And big money loved him- financial services, pharma, military hardware etc. He was willing to cut regulations to keep all sweet.

As far from been silenced he has Fox News as his private soapbox 24/7.

America is polarised to extreme sides now and depending where you go for your info you can find mad propaganda and wild conspiracy about the other side.

And one of Trumps big issues was people not knowing where they stood or where he stood. He changed personnel round him at a drop of a hat and took interest in various areas before quickly dropping them - his wall, his new healthcare proposal that never saw light of day, Korea. He was all sound bites and no action.

Can see why you'd be drawn to him.

RedHand88

Quote from: five points on February 04, 2021, 05:31:26 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 04, 2021, 05:28:47 PM

You are, really.

*shrugs shoulders*
Meh.