China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Smokin Joe on February 01, 2021, 06:20:03 PM
They are easy to use and give results in 15 minutes with an accuracy of 99.3%.

I wonder who tested the accuracy rate?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 01, 2021, 05:08:29 PM
Where is the 5 people under 40 stat from? According to the central statistics office between feb and may 2020 there were 17 deaths in under 44s. Are we to believe that 12 of them were between 40-44 and nobody else in that range has died since may last year?

NISRA.

1 death in the 0-19 age bracket. 4 deaths in the 20-39 age bracket.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Where is the 5 people under 40 stat from? According to the central statistics office between feb and may 2020 there were 17 deaths in under 44s. Are we to believe that 12 of them were between 40-44 and nobody else in that range has died since may last year?

According to NISRA up to the week ended Jan 21st 16 people between the age of 15-44 have died of Covid in NI and since the middle of March last year 15% of all deaths in NI were due to Covid.

I don't know what the stats are for the numbers who died from the flu in the south or NI before anyone asks

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 01, 2021, 10:07:34 PM

According to NISRA up to the week ended Jan 21st 16 people between the age of 15-44 have died of Covid in NI and since the middle of March last year 15% of all deaths in NI were due to Covid.

I don't know what the stats are for the numbers who died from the flu in the south or NI before anyone asks

5 people under the age of 40 have died from Covid according to NISRA figures up to today.

restorepride

Quote from: Boycey on February 01, 2021, 04:10:33 PM
Covid experts in the North what are my best options for getting regular staff testing. We're a construction company doing essential work on mid Ulster site. Client getting spooked after a couple went down with Covid last week and talking about us implementing checks. What would be most cost effective way?

TIA

As it happens I received this message to on LinkedIn. No clue what they are like; simply passing it on. Let me know if you want the guy's email address by PM

"We are offering rapid Covid-19 test kits for your business.
They are available in boxes of 25 at £187.50 +VAT (£7.50/test).

Please message me or email me on xxxxx@meditech.uk.com for more info."
If these tests are 'Lateral Flow', they are at best 50% accurate. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: restorepride on February 01, 2021, 11:06:48 PM
Covid experts in the North what are my best options for getting regular staff testing. We're a construction company doing essential work on mid Ulster site. Client getting spooked after a couple went down with Covid last week and talking about us implementing checks. What would be most cost effective way?

TIA

As it happens I received this message to on LinkedIn. No clue what they are like; simply passing it on. Let me know if you want the guy's email address by PM

76.8% according to PHE.

restorepride

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 01, 2021, 11:28:14 PM
Quote from: restorepride on February 01, 2021, 11:06:48 PM

TIA

76.8% according to PHE.
Afraid not.  I checked at my first vaccination today. 

PadraicHenryPearse

does anyone have any data on what ages /conditions etc. the people who required hospitalisation in the vaccine trials were? resulting in the % effectiveness.

Also, is there a chinese vaccine or how does chinese pharmaceutical industry compare to their european and American counterparts?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 02, 2021, 01:36:28 PM
is there a chinese vaccine or how does chinese pharmaceutical industry compare to their european and American counterparts?
www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-55212787

GetOverTheBar

It's state owned so I would imagine you won't see a whole pile from China.

Smurfy123

It seems very much so that the vaccine rollout in the uk is having a very positive affect
Not only massive drop in hospitals admissions but also now saying the Oxford vaccine is shown to have a substantial affect on transmission67%
This is a statement coming from Oxford themselves
With cases dropping let's look to the future
Still 16 days until executive announce any movement on March 5
If things continue to drop I would say by March 5th we will have single digits cases. I would imagine in 2 weeks we may have our first 2 digits day in almost 6 months
Does anyone think it maybe a seasonal flu
It's hard to dismiss that all countries cases are dropping including America and South Africa
Maybe just maybe it's a seasonal thing

Angelo

Over 50% of the deaths in the FS were in nursing homes it was confirmed today.

lenny

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 02, 2021, 06:14:28 PM
It seems very much so that the vaccine rollout in the uk is having a very positive affect
Not only massive drop in hospitals admissions but also now saying the Oxford vaccine is shown to have a substantial affect on transmission67%
If things continue to drop I would say by March 5th we will have single digits cases. I would imagine in 2 weeks we may have our first 2 digits day in almost 6 months
It's hard to dismiss that all countries cases are dropping including America and South Africa

99% of transmission is indoors, from that point of view it's seasonal. In winter people spend much more time indoors. If you're indoors a lot with other people try to make sure there are plenty of windows open because ventilation is very important.

Taylor

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 02, 2021, 06:14:28 PM

Please tell me this is some sort of typo?

Angelo

50% of Free State deaths in the nursing homes.

Would anyone care to tell me what the life expectancy is for a patient that enters a nursing home? I would suspect quite a sizable amount would be doing well to see a year out in any case.