China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

On legal action, just something that has come to me own door in the recent week.

Had a relative in a care home, died recently. The death was put down as Covid. The man had like 46 straight weeks with no Covid, including the week he died (basically whenever they started the testing). He was just old. That's life. The immediate family are furious. They are threatening legal action and have been told there is a mass of these type of cases attempting to hit the system.

What did we label elderly death pre covid on these certs?

imtommygunn

3576 cases in the north. I assume that is for two days? It does however say January 1st so maybe not? Herd immunity without the vaccine may beat herd immunity with the vaccine at current rate!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 02, 2021, 03:27:51 PM
3576 cases in the north. I assume that is for two days? It does however say January 1st so maybe not? Herd immunity without the vaccine may beat herd immunity with the vaccine at current rate!
Yeah that's over 2 days as no figures on NY's day

Jell 0 Biafra

The Atlantic has mostly been very good on covid coverage.  This one no exception.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/12/virus-mutation-catastrophe/617531/

Cunny Funt

Prof Philip Nolan said over 3000 cases will be reported this evening in ROI. A big backlog to catch up on that will take 5 to 7 days to sort out he reckons.

Hospital figures will soon match or top the peak in April, the main hope now is that we don't get close to the death count of the spring.

The government are blaming the infection rise on the new UK variant of the virus but nphet having done their studies says its mostly due to people letting their guard down at Christmas.

marty34

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 02, 2021, 05:20:39 PM
Prof Philip Nolan said over 3000 cases will be reported this evening in ROI. A big backlog to catch up on that will take 5 to 7 days to sort out he reckons.

Hospital figures will soon match or top the peak in April, the main hope now is that we don't get close to the death count of the spring.

The government are blaming the infection rise on the new UK variant of the virus but nphet having done their studies says its mostly due to people letting their guard down at Christmas.

This was always going to happen - a free ball for everyone to go mad over Christmas.  It was a license to have a free-for-all over the past couple of weeks.

People still don't have the collective or personal responsibility.

BennyCake

Quote from: marty34 on January 02, 2021, 05:31:17 PM

This was always going to happen - a free ball for everyone to go mad over Christmas.  It was a license to have a free-for-all over the past couple of weeks.

Most people didn't need the permission. They'd have done it regardless of the advice. Anyway, just because they say you could mix households at Christmas, doesn't mean you should have done.

Most people will never cop on unless they struggle with the virus personally, or watch a loved one through a glass window gasping for their life.

dublin7

Here in Wexford there was a big outbreak just before Christmas when a family put up a marquee for the afters of a local funeral and it turned into a big event. The priest who officiated the funeral even got infected

Then you've the pictures released by the Gardai of the shebeen in Kildare were there was the New Years Eve party.

In fairness to the government they tried to ease restrictions so people could have some sort of normal Christmas, but people took the piss and now we are in an even worse scenario than before cmas

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on January 02, 2021, 05:37:57 PM

Most people didn't need the permission. They'd have done it regardless of the advice. Anyway, just because they say you could mix households at Christmas, doesn't mean you should have done.

A lot of those that did most damage would have acted the maggot whatever the government did.

QuoteMost people will never cop on unless they struggle with the virus personally, or watch a loved one through a glass window gasping for their life.

There are numerous stories of people giving the virus to multiple people in their own families although they knew rightly that they were at risk because they were a close contact.
In biblical times they said "Even sinners love those who love them", but even this does not even seem to be true for some people.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

3,394 new Covid-19 cases is 26 counties with the backlog.
Frightening, but less pro rate than the 6 counties has had for the last week.
Let's hope this is a bulge, although hospital admissions will presumably continue to increase.

MayoBuck

It seems as bad or worse than last March/April. I definitely know more people infected now than back then.

rodney trotter

It's worse then back then, because it's Winter, people would be getting a normal flu this time of year as it was.
The numbers today because of a backlog over Christmas period.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: MayoBuck on January 02, 2021, 06:24:14 PM
It seems as bad or worse than last March/April. I definitely know more people infected now than back then.

I know far less this time than Oct, different waves hitting different areas at different times. Honestly I'm not even joking when I say I think we have herd immunity in work it was that bad

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on January 02, 2021, 06:18:24 PM
Let's hope this is a bulge, although hospital admissions will presumably continue to increase.

I'm glad it's less than the pro rate than the north, southerners can sleep easy tonight knowing that information

What a dick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2021, 07:07:43 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 02, 2021, 06:18:24 PM

I'm glad it's less than the pro rate than the north, southerners can sleep easy tonight knowing that information

What a dick

What is wrong with you? I pointed out a simple piece of statistics, just as others pointed out comparisons with different times of the year. You feel the need to post, contributing nothing to the discussion, abusing me. This isn't about you and whether you are glad or not.