China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yeah you are probably not wrong to a point but this is not a them and us issue which again they are making it.

I'd be in favour of various things easing but not everything. I don't know if they have that middle ground.

Seaney

I wonder if a lockdown impacted on their lucrative salaries and mental well being would the debate even happen.  The DUP are showing some common sense, Swann, ONeill and the slopes are all on power trips at this stage.

imtommygunn

On a similar theme I am wondering if it has impacted the DUP financially and this is why they're moving on it. I don't really think they're too bothered about the economy etc or at least they've never shown it before. IMO they're getting less money from somewhere or they are just doing the usual divisive thing to try and get themselves some PR / votes. I haven't got faith in them to do a sensible thing - always something in it for them.

RedHand88

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 12:11:06 PM
I wonder if a lockdown impacted on their lucrative salaries and mental well being would the debate even happen.  The DUP are showing some common sense, Swann, ONeill and the slopes are all on power trips at this stage.

The executive voted 6 to 4 in favour of extending the restrictions. SF, SDLP, UUP and alliance voted in favour.
DUP (4 votes) are abusing the petition of concern to get their way. This is not what it is designed for.
At one stage last night in the meeting they said "the biggest party in the country will not be pushed around".

Kidder81

Did Mary Lou intervene again as Michelle O'Neill was on board with Foster at the weekend

imtommygunn

I don't think she was fully on board - she was compromising on the restaurants with no booze - but you could be on to something. Someone changed position since last weekend - not sure if the DUP have changed their stance or not too.

That petition of concern seriously needs reformed. Abused again. tbh I was surprised they didn't use it last time.

What happens if they can't agree? Lockdown finished?

They need to get more granular on this stuff. e.g. do they all agree places like hairdressers etc can open. If so agreed and move on and then the only things stuck will be the things that they don't agree on.(which is probably a lot lol)

Seaney

In the meantime all those business closed have no clarity on anything, it is a complete shambles.

imtommygunn

Yep. Again. Or maybe still is a better word as it has never been anything but a shambles.

Harold Disgracey

Figures worse than yesterday and still those counts in the DUP want to open everything up.

#Covid19 : Wed Nov 11th

🦠+791 new cases
🦠+8 new deaths

🔹+154 Belfast
🔹+152 Causeway
🔹+73 Armagh B & C
🔹+69 Mid Ulster
🔹+61 Derry Strabane
🔹+48 Ant N'abbey
🔹+47 Ferm & Omagh
🔹+44 Ards N Down
🔹+40 Newry M Down
🔹+42 Lisburn & C'reagh
🔹+35 M&E Antrim

7 day rate per 100,000

🦠NI Average: 206.5
🔺Up from 198.5 yesterday

📍Causeway Coast: 312.8
📍Mid Ulster: 269.1
📍Derry & Strabane: 246.2
📍Belfast: 211.0
📍Armagh, B & Craigavon: 210.1
📍Antrim & Newtownabbey: 189.9
📍Lisburn & Castlereagh: 174.3
📍Mid & East Antrim: 158
📍Fermanagh & Omagh: 143.8
📍Ards & N.Down: 143
📍Newry, M & Down: 117.7

imtommygunn

791 :( Jesus.

Steady stream of deaths this week too :(

Rossfan

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 11, 2020, 02:20:28 PM
791 :( Jesus.

Equivalent of around 2,200 here.
If we had that many nobody would even dare suggest opening things up, would be more like close everything else.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jim Bob

Whats the current rule regarding self-isolation arriving into Dublin from USA and travelling to the North for a few days?

Milltown Row2

A family grew up besides us just lost father mother and their 52 year old son inside a week to Covid!

The amount rising currently is out of control
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea