China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on November 03, 2020, 01:40:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2020, 12:01:37 PM

It seems to me the most vulnerable in society (the elderly0 are being let down by people not giving a shit about this virus and wanting things opened up and carry on regardless..

I've a very good friend who every week throws out the same narrative , when your times up you times up! So I ask, if your daughter caught it and was very ill or worse would you have the same opinion, and she has!! Crazy, so I don't talk about it anymore as she'll be that we are all losing out and her view is that elderly people will die and flu is worse and blah blah

No idea what you are saying there - have you been on the beer?

People are unconcerned about covid, they would much prefer life to be normal, like it was before and have no patients for life as it is at the minute.

These people couldn't give a stuff about mental health, economics, domestic abuse or anything else, otherwise (on this discussion board) they have plenty of posts on threads about the above topics...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Speaking to a peruvian a while back I think they had the certificate approach and then the certificates started being sold on the black market!

Rossfan

322 reported in 26, 570 in the 6.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on November 03, 2020, 06:39:52 PM
322 reported in 26, 570 in the 6.

A big drop from 1284 cases reported on October 18th.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

That Northern figure is the equivalent of around 1400 here.
So a long way to go up there but their eejit 1st Minister says they'll remove restrictions in 10 days time.
Meanwhile NPHET will probably be advising  against opening up travel from/to foreign parts in December.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

balladmaker

Quote from: Rossfan on November 03, 2020, 06:59:44 PM
So a long way to go up there but their eejit 1st Minister says they'll remove restrictions in 10 days time.
Meanwhile NPHET will probably be advising  against opening up travel from/to foreign parts in December.

The level of incompetence in the northern executive is unbelievable, out side of Swan (health) and Murphy (finance) the rest appear to be buffoons. 

imtommygunn

Buffoons would be giving some of them too much credit. Numbers are bad but at least daily cases have dropped a lot.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on November 03, 2020, 06:59:44 PM

The 6 counties continues to have around the same numbers as the 26.

QuoteSo a long way to go up there but their eejit 1st Minister says they'll remove restrictions in 10 days time.

Perhaps a few Finns and Estonians can come, plus all you want from Taiwan, New Zealand and Australia.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

595 cases today(up north). Hospital occupancy down from 100% which is good. Hopefully in the next week or two daily cases dropping and lower r number will keep lowering the occupancy.

Be interesting to see what they do with lockdowns next week. I suspect bars still stuffed but maybe, hopefully, a few more things will open up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 06, 2020, 02:06:56 PM
595 cases today(up north). Hospital occupancy down from 100% which is good. Hopefully in the next week or two daily cases dropping and lower r number will keep lowering the occupancy.

Be interesting to see what they do with lockdowns next week. I suspect bars still stuffed but maybe, hopefully, a few more things will open up.

With those numbers over 3 weeks, is too soon or has it shown that not all bars were not the problem? Colleges?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

However, hospitals have achieved that by postponing a lot of other stuff.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2020, 03:28:23 PM

With those numbers over 3 weeks, is too soon or has it shown that not all bars were not the problem? Colleges?

Bars are and were a very minimal contributing factor, they just are a massive scapegoat.

It's been shown twice now that the bigger factors are elsewhere. And maybe we still don't fully understand that yet. I'm not saying get the bars open this weekend whatsoever, but it's very lazy now to suggest that they are a major factor.

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 06, 2020, 04:03:57 PM

Bars are and were a very minimal contributing factor, they just are a massive scapegoat.

It's been shown twice now that the bigger factors are elsewhere. And maybe we still don't fully understand that yet. I'm not saying get the bars open this weekend whatsoever, but it's very lazy now to suggest that they are a major factor.

I thought the era of fake news was over. Bars have been a problem in every country. It has not been shown that the bigger factors are elsewhere, it has only been shown that it is easier to associate people when they are in your house or they sit beside you at school.

imtommygunn

Quote from: armaghniac on November 06, 2020, 03:37:13 PM

However, hospitals have achieved that by postponing a lot of other stuff.

Exactly. Achieved 100% :( This thing has shown us how fragile our health service is. Good work tories  >:(