China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 12:09:58 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 22, 2020, 11:20:20 AM
Quote from: maddog on October 22, 2020, 11:02:33 AM
Would anyone advocating no lockdowns etc be prepared to stand in person and make the call in a hospital ward over who gets the ventilator and who doesn't when it hits that point ?
Well said.
Do we perform the life saving heart surgery on Patient A or do we leave the Covid comatose Patient B in the ICU bed.

Doctors make decisions all the time about these things, it's due to an underfunded health system - so stop with the drama.
They don't actually

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:34:55 PM
Would anyone advocating no lockdowns etc be prepared to stand in person and make the call in a hospital ward over who gets the ventilator and who doesn't when it hits that point ?
Well said.
Do we perform the life saving heart surgery on Patient A or do we leave the Covid comatose Patient B in the ICU bed.

Doctors make decisions all the time about these things, it's due to an underfunded health system - so stop with the drama.
They don't actually

They do.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Seaney

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:33:00 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 12:26:21 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:22:19 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 12:17:16 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:14:53 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on October 22, 2020, 11:37:58 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 10:17:13 AM
But this isn't the case

Even in the hypothetical event that there turned out to be no vaccine - and this seems very unlikely - there are effective strategies available, and there are countries that have already put them into practice and are successfully suppressing the virus while opening up their societies

From what I can make out you are proposing to lift all restrictions, with no suppression strategy

This is a right-wing American anarcho-capitalist talking point pushed by the likes of the Koch Brother(s)

The people proposing this are some of the worst people in the world

You are the person with all the questions to answer here because you are the person proposing that the population of Ireland and the population of the world becomes the subject of a grotesque experiment
Anarcho-capitalist talking point made me LOL (then google to try to figure out what it is).

I think you are giving people too much credit calling out fascists on multiple threads.  In this example people want to work to be able to pay their mortgage they don't have Mein Kampf in the drawer beside the bed.  I'd be interested in the make up of the jobs of the people on this board, what percentage have an income linked to the public sector and therefore have their income protected verses those that rely on a somewhat functioning economy and how strongly that influences their views.
I haven't accused any other posters of being a fascist on this thread, I think I've mentioned it once in relation to the Trump regime and in that context it's certianly accurate

Wobbler has certainly been very big on using the word on this thread however because he's running very low on arguments

Fulvio is getting in the act now too for the same reason

Quite instructive

Funny you mention people's jobs because a let it rip strategy is a surefire way to destroy jobs

I couldn't think of anything more entitled or elitist or classist than a let it rip strategy

Those posters who are pushing it should understand they are pushing an anti-worker, pro-big business right-wing American think tank narrative which would kill a hell of a lot of people

If that's what they believe, fine, they're entitled to do that, but at least be honest about whose interests it would be serving

Who is letting it rip - you are obsessed, letting folk live can be done in unison with protecting the most vulnerable, what's your profession?
Not without an effective suppression strategy - and you are not proposing an effective suppression strategy

Thanks for the childish rhetoric which doesn't advance your argument one iota

I'm under no obligation whatsoever to tell you what I do

Why on earth should I be?

Because if you in a cushy civil servants role sitting at home on full pay as you have no computer, it makes a hell of a difference, no wonder you can post so much drivel, I will ask one more time post where I said let it rip!
Yet Angelo has posted a lot more than I have on this thread over the last while but you aren't asking him what he does because he agrees with you

Very strange

I couldn't care less what Angelo does though because I'm interested in the reality of the situation, not what people work at or do not work at

Your whole argument has been based on a let it rip strategy, you have said nothing to dispel that and when offered the chance to dispel it and put forward a strategy, you point blank refuse

Therefore it's perfectly reasonable to draw conclusions that you do indeed favour a let it rip scenario

In short, there's no reason at all to take you in any way seriously

Thank you, you have confirmed one of two things, you are a complete wind up merchant or you haven't the brains you were born with maybe both - I take it you couldn't find a let it rip quote from me.  Do the unions make you send the laptops back if you can't get them going straight away so you can continue to get full pay for doing nothing, or are you so irrelevant they didn't even try to get you one?

Seaney

Well said.

They don't actually

Of course they do.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on October 22, 2020, 12:05:13 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 11:58:02 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 22, 2020, 11:47:59 AM
Quote from: Hound on October 22, 2020, 11:39:08 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on October 21, 2020, 03:00:05 PM
Angelo whether you're right or wrong doesn't overly matter here. Not to me anyway.

You're absolutely correct to probe the preconceived concepts, lazy thinking, and in some cases sheer zealotry of contributors.

The number of hugely intolerant replies you've faced - especially those that wish to decry you as an idiot for maintaining an open mind - is completely out of order.

But for God's sake, please do everyone a favour and stop posting the same f**king post in a slightly reworded way, every few hours.

This thread is now unbearable to read. And it's mostly on you.
But wobbler, maybe he just is an idiot?

Not just because he has different views. You have different views on this to many of us and you're not an idiot. You can debate reasonably. But it's obvious the difference between your posts and his posts.
Have you seen him on other threads?

I do take it personally. I think many of the deniers just don't know anyone who's been hit with it. But that's no excuse, as many of the people who take it seriously don't know anyone hit badly by it. But I have a relation who was killed by it, another in her 30s who has lung scarring because of it and 6 months later still has serious respiratory issues when doing any kind of exercise, and finally someone who has developed Parkinson's post Covid. So I take it personally.

The other muppet doesn't even know how a discussion board works. 40 people disagree with him, so 40 replies are needed. Jeez Louise. 🙄

This is the type of snide piece of shit response you get here.

We can all play victim bingo. There are plenty of victims of lockdown, plenty of people who have been harmed mentally, socially, physically - vulnerable people. But hey, f**k them right.

What makes the people you know so much more important than all those victims?

I had a 77 year old uncle pass away 4 weeks ago. He had cancer in remission, he had been failing badly for a number of months but wasn't seen to. About 6 weeks ago he was admitted to hospital and was told he had weeks to live. He's another victim of lockdown.

So spare me your f**king conceited arrogance.
Sorry to hear about your uncle

But are you saying that if the spread of the virus had been much more extensive than it was, your uncle would have received better cancer treatment?

Because that's what you're strongly implying

He would have been diagnosed months ago had the whole health service not been consumed by Covid.

The way things have gone, unless you have Covid you are not priority, it does not matter the seriousness of graveness of your ailment - Covid takes precedent.

If Hound wants to take snide shots like that then maybe he should be prepared that ask people who have lost loved ones or suffered hardship as a result of actions made to curb Covid.
Answer the question

Are you saying that if the spread of the virus had been much more extensive than it was, your uncle would have received better cancer treatment?

sid waddell

Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 12:38:45 PM
Well said.

They don't actually

Of course they do.

I suppose in a barstool universe they do

Or a real one if you had your way, given that you actually want ICUs to be swamped

Thankfully you have no say in health policy and we should all be thankful for that

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:44:46 PM
Angelo whether you're right or wrong doesn't overly matter here. Not to me anyway.

You're absolutely correct to probe the preconceived concepts, lazy thinking, and in some cases sheer zealotry of contributors.

The number of hugely intolerant replies you've faced - especially those that wish to decry you as an idiot for maintaining an open mind - is completely out of order.

But for God's sake, please do everyone a favour and stop posting the same f**king post in a slightly reworded way, every few hours.

Not just because he has different views. You have different views on this to many of us and you're not an idiot. You can debate reasonably. But it's obvious the difference between your posts and his posts.

I do take it personally. I think many of the deniers just don't know anyone who's been hit with it. But that's no excuse, as many of the people who take it seriously don't know anyone hit badly by it. But I have a relation who was killed by it, another in her 30s who has lung scarring because of it and 6 months later still has serious respiratory issues when doing any kind of exercise, and finally someone who has developed Parkinson's post Covid. So I take it personally.

The other muppet doesn't even know how a discussion board works. 40 people disagree with him, so 40 replies are needed. Jeez Louise. 🙄

We can all play victim bingo. There are plenty of victims of lockdown, plenty of people who have been harmed mentally, socially, physically - vulnerable people. But hey, f**k them right.

I had a 77 year old uncle pass away 4 weeks ago. He had cancer in remission, he had been failing badly for a number of months but wasn't seen to. About 6 weeks ago he was admitted to hospital and was told he had weeks to live. He's another victim of lockdown.

But are you saying that if the spread of the virus had been much more extensive than it was, your uncle would have received better cancer treatment?

He would have been diagnosed months ago had the whole health service not been consumed by Covid.

The way things have gone, unless you have Covid you are not priority, it does not matter the seriousness of graveness of your ailment - Covid takes precedent.

If Hound wants to take snide shots like that then maybe he should be prepared that ask people who have lost loved ones or suffered hardship as a result of actions made to curb Covid.
Answer the question

Are you saying that if the spread of the virus had been much more extensive than it was, your uncle would have received better cancer treatment?

I'm saying people like my uncle were cast aside by the health service because their ailments were not Covid related.

You have a few questions of your own that you have point blank refused to answer, unlike you I'm not a coward who runs away from them.

Seaney

Answer the question

You really are the dregs of society, and you have the audacity to call anyone a sociopath.  Lockdown stopped hospital admissions, folk are dying left, right and centre because of this, what part of that can't you grasp - or does it not fall into your narrative!

sid waddell

Quote from: Seaney on October 22, 2020, 12:37:23 PM
But this isn't the case

Even in the hypothetical event that there turned out to be no vaccine - and this seems very unlikely - there are effective strategies available, and there are countries that have already put them into practice and are successfully suppressing the virus while opening up their societies

From what I can make out you are proposing to lift all restrictions, with no suppression strategy

This is a right-wing American anarcho-capitalist talking point pushed by the likes of the Koch Brother(s)

You are the person with all the questions to answer here because you are the person proposing that the population of Ireland and the population of the world becomes the subject of a grotesque experiment
Anarcho-capitalist talking point made me LOL (then google to try to figure out what it is).

I think you are giving people too much credit calling out fascists on multiple threads.  In this example people want to work to be able to pay their mortgage they don't have Mein Kampf in the drawer beside the bed.  I'd be interested in the make up of the jobs of the people on this board, what percentage have an income linked to the public sector and therefore have their income protected verses those that rely on a somewhat functioning economy and how strongly that influences their views.
I haven't accused any other posters of being a fascist on this thread, I think I've mentioned it once in relation to the Trump regime and in that context it's certianly accurate

Wobbler has certainly been very big on using the word on this thread however because he's running very low on arguments

Quite instructive

Funny you mention people's jobs because a let it rip strategy is a surefire way to destroy jobs

I couldn't think of anything more entitled or elitist or classist than a let it rip strategy

Those posters who are pushing it should understand they are pushing an anti-worker, pro-big business right-wing American think tank narrative which would kill a hell of a lot of people

If that's what they believe, fine, they're entitled to do that, but at least be honest about whose interests it would be serving

Who is letting it rip - you are obsessed, letting folk live can be done in unison with protecting the most vulnerable, what's your profession?
Not without an effective suppression strategy - and you are not proposing an effective suppression strategy

Because if you in a cushy civil servants role sitting at home on full pay as you have no computer, it makes a hell of a difference, no wonder you can post so much drivel, I will ask one more time post where I said let it rip!
Yet Angelo has posted a lot more than I have on this thread over the last while but you aren't asking him what he does because he agrees with you

Very strange

I couldn't care less what Angelo does though because I'm interested in the reality of the situation, not what people work at or do not work at

Your whole argument has been based on a let it rip strategy, you have said nothing to dispel that and when offered the chance to dispel it and put forward a strategy, you point blank refuse

Therefore it's perfectly reasonable to draw conclusions that you do indeed favour a let it rip scenario

Thank you, you have confirmed one of two things, you are a complete wind up merchant or you haven't the brains you were born with maybe both - I take it you couldn't find a let it rip quote from me.  Do the unions make you send the laptops back if you can't get them going straight away so you can continue to get full pay for doing nothing, or are you so irrelevant they didn't even try to get you one?
Right, I don't want ICUs to be swamped and you do - and apparently I'm the wind up merchant  ;D

Bye now

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:45:34 PM
Well said.

They don't actually

Of course they do.

Or a real one if you had your way, given that you actually want ICUs to be swamped

Thankfully you have no say in health policy and we should all be thankful for that

There you are, misrepresenting the words of people.

I suppose we can agree that you want women's shelters and mental health facilities swamped with your outlook.

This people, is the type of  hysteric reaction you get when you try to discuss the negative impacts of lockdowns.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 22, 2020, 11:44:56 AM

Are we ready to talk about mask ineffectiveness (when you don't bother to do the rest) yet?

Seaney

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:45:34 PM
Well said.

They don't actually

Of course they do.

Any quotes for that - or just more made up stuff from your wrapped mind, I note the masses on here backing your narrative!

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on October 22, 2020, 12:47:35 PM

Answer the question

I'm saying people like my uncle were cast aside by the health service because their ailments were not Covid related.

You have a few questions of your own that you have point blank refused to answer, unlike you I'm not a coward who runs away from them.

You haven't answered the question

The clear implication of your argument is that cancer treatment would be superior if the virus spread was allowed to increase

But this is obviously totally false

It seems your whole stance is based on magical thinking - let's pretend there's not a pandemic

When you're stumped, you just resort to insults

It's very telling

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:48:45 PM
But this isn't the case

Quite instructive

Very strange

Right, I don't want ICUs to be swamped and you do - and apparently I'm the wind up merchant  ;D

Bye now

Great to see this pr*ck get his arse handed to him.

Seaney

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2020, 12:48:45 PM
But this isn't the case

Quite instructive

Very strange

Bye now

I would keep the computer next time and tell the unions you want to do a bit of work - might clear your head a bit - you have serious issues lad.