Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 13, 2020, 05:02:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2020, 04:47:41 PM
This thread is turning out like another thread at the minute  ;D

A lot of angry people losing their shit on the internet

Lol.

ok ok.

But come on there should have been some action on beds as really that seems to be crux of the whole thing. If we had the beds it would lead to lesser shutdowns, no?

There are currently 5 in the ICU with Covid in Altnagelvin, 4 non-Covid

ICU in Altnagelvin has 10 beds with a surge capacity of up to  20. 9 of the 10 are currently occupied and the unit is in pre-surge mode.

imtommygunn

12 icu beds spells big trouble though. Four died over 24 hours and still a growth of 3 icu beds so I would guess 7 more in 24 hours?  (I would guess the four who died came from icu?).

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on October 13, 2020, 07:07:26 PM

Lol.

ok ok.

But come on there should have been some action on beds as really that seems to be crux of the whole thing. If we had the beds it would lead to lesser shutdowns, no?

There is currently 5 in the ICU with Covid in Altnagelvin

That's all beds full then if they are all on ventilation. There are HDU beds too however, fewer than 10

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 13, 2020, 07:11:52 PM
12 icu beds spells big trouble though. Four died over 24 hours and still a growth of 3 icu beds so I would guess 7 more in 24 hours?  (I would guess the four who died came from icu?).

Probably not. In the last outbreak 21 died in Derry. None in hospital I believe

Farrandeelin

811 cases, 3 additional deaths in the south.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 13, 2020, 07:19:59 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 13, 2020, 07:11:52 PM

Probably not. In the last outbreak 21 died in Derry. None in hospital I believe

Not quite as bad then but 6 increase since maybe Friday then so still not great either. I wonder has nightingale been cranked up yet.

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 13, 2020, 07:17:15 PM

Lol.

ok ok.

That's all beds full then if they are all on ventilation. There are HDU beds too however, fewer than 10

Grim stats Fear. Hope these kinds of figures give some people a kick up the backside. How are you all feeling atm?
I've a good friend getting readmitted to hospital due to ongoing Covid symptoms (from the initial outbreak in March)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on October 13, 2020, 08:49:15 PM

Lol.

ok ok.

Grim stats Fear. Hope these kinds of figures give some people a kick up the backside. How are you all feeling atm?
I've a good friend getting readmitted to hospital due to ongoing Covid symptoms (from the initial outbreak in March)

I'm being asked back to work Thursday. I'm feeling fairly well but getting a lot of palpitations and mild  vertigo symptoms. I must admit to be slightly worried about long term symptoms. If you don't mind can you say what age your friend is and what issues is he/she experiencing now

Yes stats grim

JoG2

BennyCake

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 13, 2020, 09:04:59 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 13, 2020, 08:49:15 PM

Lol.

ok ok.

I'm being asked back to work Thursday. I'm feeling fairly well but getting a lot of palpitations and mild  vertigo symptoms. I must admit to be slightly worried about long term symptoms. If you don't mind can you say what age your friend is and what issues is he/she experiencing now

Yes stats grim

Couple of weeks ago a friends young lad had similar. Headaches/light head/dizzy feeling/couldn't bear bright light. Doctors thought migraine but didn't test him. Was off school guts of two weeks.  Looking back now, I think he had the virus. Luckily nobody else in house seems to have got it.

Angelo

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on October 13, 2020, 10:21:24 PM
Schools closing?

Seems like they're going to take the 2 weeks for half term but that's been on the cards for weeks now.

What will be more interesting is why the other restrictions are... will they close hospitality again???

How strong a lockdown will it be?

MoChara

I see indoor and contact sports are to be banned for 6 weeks except for elite sports, surely Inter County Hurling and football is considered elite? Thats a question not a statement lol

imtommygunn

Are nurseries closing??

County classified as elite yeah.

Kick in the teeth for bars and restaurants doing it right.

Farrandeelin

What about weddings? We've a wedding at the end of November in Fermanagh. Covid pending of course.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.