China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: highorlow on August 17, 2020, 07:21:52 PM
Good news another day without a death.

Bad news 8 in ICU and 21 in hospital (I don't know if that's 29 in total in hospital).

21 total. Positive tests to be added in from the last 48hrs so it won't be surprise if we get a 3 digit figure of cases in the days ahead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tyroneman

So many people genuinely don't seem to give a fcuk these days - social distancing +  masks are for other people, not for them

I've heard various folks claim Covid has been totally over exaggerated, where they rely on the lower numbers/R-Rate that came from lock down as evidence ........ rather than acknowledging that the lockdown + people following the guidance during it was the very reason for the lower numbers/R-rate in the first place.

It's like taking a vaccine for a disease, then claiming the disease wasn't harmful anyway, because you didn't come down with it

Milltown Row2

I work in Belfast and everyone that comes through my door is wearing a mask and using the sanitizer at the door, otherwise they don't get in. people are complying, if they 'forget' their mask one will be provided at the door...

You get the odd clampit not wearing one in a shop or whatever, but unfortunately that is the responsibility of the owners..

If people comply and keep washing hands and social distancing would that bring down the annual flu rate?

We are probably over the top with screens apron masks and gloves, but we work with the elderly a lot, better safe than sorry.

I've been tested recently just as a precaution and all negative, had no symptoms but I'm taking my dad to hospital appointments and with his condition i just wanted to be sure .

Any word on successful vaccines being put out to the public soon? Was speaking to a client today and they had a friend that died, early 60's no ill health, caught it at a family funeral! christ the night!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

6th sam

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2020, 10:37:37 AM
I work in Belfast and everyone that comes through my door is wearing a mask and using the sanitizer at the door, otherwise they don't get in. people are complying, if they 'forget' their mask one will be provided at the door...

You get the odd clampit not wearing one in a shop or whatever, but unfortunately that is the responsibility of the owners..

If people comply and keep washing hands and social distancing would that bring down the annual flu rate?

We are probably over the top with screens apron masks and gloves, but we work with the elderly a lot, better safe than sorry.

I've been tested recently just as a precaution and all negative, had no symptoms but I'm taking my dad to hospital appointments and with his condition i just wanted to be sure .

Any word on successful vaccines being put out to the public soon? Was speaking to a client today and they had a friend that died, early 60's no ill health, caught it at a family funeral! christ the night!
Very good points MR.
Small sacrifices not only can reduce risk of spread of Covid but also of Flu etc.
On your last point , There may be cases where Someone is not elderly , and are "healthy" who have died "with Covid", but thankfully these events seem to very rare. I think the department of health should be giving better quality anonymised information on the small number of people outside of "vulnerable groups" who died "with Covid ", and clarify if they had any risk factors including obesity, ethnicity etc, and if their death was directly related to Covid. Not doubting the authenticity of your story, but any second hand Anecdotal information Should always be put in context , to avoid "Covid alarm "

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: 6th sam on August 19, 2020, 11:27:15 AM

Very good points MR.
Small sacrifices not only can reduce risk of spread of Covid but also of Flu etc.
On your last point , There may be cases where Someone is not elderly , and are "healthy" who have died "with Covid", but thankfully these events seem to very rare. I think the department of health should be giving better quality anonymised information on the small number of people outside of "vulnerable groups" who died "with Covid ", and clarify if they had any risk factors including obesity, ethnicity etc, and if their death was directly related to Covid. Not doubting the authenticity of your story, but any second hand Anecdotal information has

Should always be put in context , to avoid "Covid alarm "

Rational news doesn't sell.

armaghniac

Quote from: 6th sam on August 19, 2020, 11:27:15 AM

Very good points MR.
On your last point , There may be cases where Someone is not elderly , and are "healthy" who have died "with Covid", but thankfully these events seem to very rare. I think the department of health should be giving better quality anonymised information on the small number of people outside of "vulnerable groups" who died "with Covid ", and clarify if they had any risk factors including obesity, ethnicity etc, and if their death was directly related to Covid. Not doubting the authenticity of your story, but any second hand Anecdotal information Should always be put in context , to avoid "Covid alarm "

Firstly a risk factor does not imply that you are going to die soon and many people are dying at age 60 when they could easily live another 30 years. Secondly, it isn't only people who die, there are people who have been very ill. One 33 year old was on the radio this morning, who has been ill since March. As he said, it isn't flu. Another caller has a sporting teenage son who has been banjaxed by Covid. There is evidence of Covid doing possibly long term damage to people even though they had few symptoms.

On the lighter side, Lukashenko told Belarusians to protect their health by drinking vodka, riding tractors and taking saunas.
Riding tractors should reduce incidence in Mayo anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

I think the main reason people are not taking it seriously is because the Government(s) are not committing to mass testing. So there is kind of a "they aren't taking it serious, why should we?" thing going on.

Mass testing would answer ALOT of questions, yet they have no interest in undergoing it hoping to bypass that outlay by the app (which not many, have really bothered with either after the initial surge).

Obviously the cases that people tell that people got sick are the ones we remember, I didn't know a soul with it until about 4 weeks ago then two friends of mine became infected. So I can only go on their experiences but they basically brushed it off in a weekend (and they were the ones knew for certain they had it via positive tests, one had a sore throat which they blamed on the actual swab test off the throat and the other had no idea they had it whatsoever but tested positive 3 times in a week then it was negative). It does go both ways with this one.

lenny

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 19, 2020, 11:58:09 AM
I think the main reason people are not taking it seriously is because the Government(s) are not committing to mass testing. So there is kind of a "they aren't taking it serious, why should we?" thing going on.

Mass testing would answer ALOT of questions, yet they have no interest in undergoing it hoping to bypass that outlay by the app (which not many, have really bothered with either after the initial surge).

Obviously the cases that people tell that people got sick are the ones we remember, I didn't know a soul with it until about 4 weeks ago then two friends of mine became infected. So I can only go on their experiences but they basically brushed it off in a weekend (and they were the ones knew for certain they had it via positive tests, one had a sore throat which they blamed on the actual swab test off the throat and the other had no idea they had it whatsoever but tested positive 3 times in a week then it was negative). It does go both ways with this one.

I know a couple of people who "brushed it off" in a couple of days also in May. Both have now developed heart inflammation within the last few weeks. A significant number of people are getting delayed symptoms apparently, even people who were initially asymptomatic.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: lenny on August 19, 2020, 12:35:10 PM

I know a couple of people who "brushed it off" in a couple of days also in May. Both have now developed heart inflammation within the last few weeks. A significant number of people are getting delayed symptoms apparently, even people who were initially asymptomatic.

Can only go on my own details and knowledge. Sorry to hear this isn't the case your side. I've no interest in playing sides, just want to explain that every single bit of news that we hear is negative these days. That isn't entirely the case.

lenny

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 19, 2020, 12:54:58 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 19, 2020, 12:35:10 PM

Can only go on my own details and knowledge. Sorry to hear this isn't the case your side. I've no interest in playing sides, just want to explain that every single bit of news that we hear is negative these days. That isn't entirely the case.

That's totally fair, I just wanted to point out that a significant number of people who thought they'd got over this unscathed are now presenting with complications weeks later. My friends were told by the consultant that this is becoming quite common so this virus is to be avoided if possible.

Denn Forever

If this is true, apologies for the WTF tread

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeD0qhR5XOY

Shock jock tv show.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Sportacus

Went into my local MACE to get a coffee.  Nobody wearing masks and had to spend cash because it was £5 minimum spend on cards.  We're not helping ourselves at all.

lenny

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 19, 2020, 04:54:36 PM

Shock jock tv show.

They look like trustworthy characters alright lol. Too much of this shite being spouted instead of listening to experts.

Capt Pat

Quote from: lenny on August 19, 2020, 06:37:39 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 19, 2020, 04:54:36 PM

Shock jock tv show.

They look like trustworthy characters alright lol. Too much of this shite being spouted instead of listening to experts.

You might not like their politics but what they are alleging is very serious for the Chinese government.