China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Angelo on April 29, 2020, 07:43:10 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 29, 2020, 07:33:02 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 29, 2020, 07:02:55 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on April 29, 2020, 06:08:55 PM
Can anyone answering me this - we went into lockdown at the end of March, say 30 days ago, and the virus has 14 day risk period - should we not be seeing much lower figures than we are in terms of new cases?  I'm getting increasingly pessimistic that this virus is very stubborn and has still plenty of fight left in it.  Where are these new cases coming from if we are spending most of our time in the house?

Very much so.

Lockdown as it stands at the moment is not working as well as we would hope. How new cases are occurring is something that needs to be ascertained ASAP.

Are shops the common factor?
Health workers are now about 25% of all cases and probably a higher percentage of the new cases.

How are the hospitals surviving with the no of staff down?

I was reading earlier that Dybala (Juve player) is still positive for it six weeks after his initial diagnosis.

The hospitals are exceptionally quiet, majority of staff have very little to do; Appointments cancelled and A & E down to a fraction of attendees. That's according to 4 friends who all work in different hospitals over here.

Square Ball

Germans seem to be putting the breaks on opening up again as the number of new cases has risen in the last 4 days, meanwhile in the states Trump wants to hold election rallies with 25000 people at them
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

marty34

Quote from: Square Ball on April 30, 2020, 10:00:09 AM
Germans seem to be putting the breaks on opening up again as the number of new cases has risen in the last 4 days, meanwhile in the states Trump wants to hold election rallies with 25000 people at them

Yes, I saw that. Infections going up.

Might need the vaccine before things open up!!

Rossfan

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 30, 2020, 09:49:23 AM
Quote from: Angelo on April 29, 2020, 07:43:10 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 29, 2020, 07:33:02 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 29, 2020, 07:02:55 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on April 29, 2020, 06:08:55 PM
Can anyone answering me this - we went into lockdown at the end of March, say 30 days ago, and the virus has 14 day risk period - should we not be seeing much lower figures than we are in terms of new cases?  I'm getting increasingly pessimistic that this virus is very stubborn and has still plenty of fight left in it.  Where are these new cases coming from if we are spending most of our time in the house?

Very much so.

Lockdown as it stands at the moment is not working as well as we would hope. How new cases are occurring is something that needs to be ascertained ASAP.

Are shops the common factor?
Health workers are now about 25% of all cases and probably a higher percentage of the new cases.

How are the hospitals surviving with the no of staff down?

I was reading earlier that Dybala (Juve player) is still positive for it six weeks after his initial diagnosis.

The hospitals are exceptionally quiet, majority of staff have very little to do; Appointments cancelled and A & E down to a fraction of attendees. That's according to 4 friends who all work in different hospitals over here.
Professor McConkey said they expected to have a 25% absentee rate when the virus took hold and their plans were based on that premise.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Churches probably missing the money.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on April 30, 2020, 12:02:14 PM
Churches probably missing the money.

Sure most are DD's at this stage.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 30, 2020, 12:16:51 PM
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/30/uk/britain-coronavirus-missteps-boris-johnson-analysis-gbr-intl/index.html

Good read. Very good read.

Where are the BBC?

You know rightly.

The Govt will look back and cling to the fact they didn't precede over the NHS getting overrun. It'll be a victory they will hold on to long after the dust settles despite the many failings alongside it we can all rhyme off.

Kinda like the Iraq war, ah well we were wrong about the Weapons of Mass Destruction...but sure we got a bad many out anyway so that's a win.

trailer

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 30, 2020, 12:16:51 PM
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/30/uk/britain-coronavirus-missteps-boris-johnson-analysis-gbr-intl/index.html

Good read. Very good read.

Where are the BBC?

Good article. Highlighting exactly what I have been saying. Vallance and Whitty cannot be trusted. Two complete frauds, promoted far beyond their capabilities. They don't know what they are doing. They are risking thousands of peoples lives.
There's not much point in "following the science" if it's fundamentally flawed. The UK and local government here are at best incompetent at worst they're actually trying to cull people.

RadioGAAGAA

I'd like to see the meeting minutes from all the SAGE meetings.

If the govt were "following scientific advice", surely they'd have nothing to fear from publishing those minutes.
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 30, 2020, 12:44:49 PM

If the govt were "following scientific advice", surely they'd have nothing to fear from publishing those minutes.

Following the science came from the same place as Get Brexit done and take back control.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2020, 01:01:17 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 30, 2020, 12:44:49 PM

Following the science came from the same place as Get Brexit done and take back control.
Brexit also took out the broad church of Conservative MP thinking. The likes of Raab, Patel and Johnson are Brexit-diehards and run the show along with Cummings. Meanwhile, experienced MP's like Jeremy Hunt & Sajid David sit on the backbenches, other slike Gauke and Hammond no longer MP's.