China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

All the best to Boris. At the end of the day, he is just another human being, yep he will get better care than the ll average person, but the same fears and family love will exist for us all.

gallsman

Quote from: Itchy on April 06, 2020, 09:49:16 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 06, 2020, 09:31:58 PM
Och I'd hate to see Boris succumbing to the virus, and I certainly hope the GF is okay. That odious Cummings p***k though? Couldn't happen to a nicer fella.

Your a yank yeh, I didn't think their stupidity was contagious.

"Don't call me a freestater, you yank"

Milltown Row2

Started the looting in Belfast centre it seems, S D Kells gotta a seeing to yesterday
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: screenexile on April 06, 2020, 09:03:10 PM
The US said at the weekend that with mitigation they're looking at a best case of 100-240k deaths from the virus but it looks like they're not trending anywhere near that is it a possibility??

Obviously the less deaths the better but has Trump been lowering the bar so that he can pretend he's handled everything "tremendously like nobody's ever seen before"??

I don't know much about these things and I'm happy to be told I'm wrong as it happens a lot but it doesn't seem to add up.

The Worldometers site states that deaths are being under reported, in NY anyway:
QuoteAn estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Hasta la victoria siempre

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 06, 2020, 10:47:59 PM
Started the looting in Belfast centre it seems, S D Kells gotta a seeing to yesterday

Think that was the Divis hoods a few nights ago, drove away and the boot opened and most of their quarry fell out
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 06, 2020, 11:34:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 06, 2020, 10:47:59 PM

Think that was the Divis hoods a few nights ago, drove away and the boot opened and most of their quarry fell out

Was it? Just seen it on the news tonight. Probably got let out early due to the early release over Covid!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/1bf986e6-ae9c-4afe-975c-0e51997ea3c4

The commission data also show that, since the start of the crisis, about 200 Britons have been repatriated thanks to flights organised by EU countries with support from the mechanism.  They include four UK citizens who made it home from Georgia on a flight organised by the Latvian government, and 85 brought back on an aircraft the Irish government arranged for people stranded in Peru. 

Armamike

Is it something like a 50% death rate for anyone in intensive care with this?  He's got many faults and yes his general ineptitude could have cost many deaths, but i hope he's going to be alright. Who knows, the experience might give him a new perspective on life and what's really important.
That's just, like your opinion man.

tbrick18

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 06, 2020, 09:12:08 PM
From those aged 55-69 who are admitted to ICU with covid, 46% do not survive.

Jesus.

armaghniac

Quote from: tbrick18 on April 07, 2020, 10:03:38 AM

Jesus.

Boris is at the lowest end of that age range, but it is still dodgy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rois

Jesus.
The worst signal will be if you hear he's on a ventilator - that brings it down closer to 20% recovery rate.  His weight will not help. 

HiMucker

Quote from: Rois on April 07, 2020, 10:08:55 AM

Jesus.
The worst signal will be if you hear he's on a ventilator - that brings it down closer to 20% recovery rate.  His weight will not help.
I heard he is on an ECMO, which is an advanced ventilator. Which is for people who are severely ill. It basically siphons out your blood, oxygenates it and then pumps it back it in. Dont know how true that is though.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on April 07, 2020, 10:08:12 AM

Jesus.

Boris is at the lowest end of that age range, but it is still dodgy.
He isn't very fit either

Denn Forever

Doesn't the cycle around london?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Will it ever end

Quote from: HiMucker on April 07, 2020, 10:17:04 AM
Quote from: Rois on April 07, 2020, 10:08:55 AM

Jesus.
I heard he is on an ECMO, which is an advanced ventilator. Which is for people who are severely ill. It basically siphons out your blood, oxygenates it and then pumps it back it in. Dont know how true that is though.

Should you really be relaying it then if your not sure how true or not it is?