China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

They need inspectors going to employers. Most forms of construction could be fairly OK if it was run responsibly.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GJL

Quote from: ONeill on March 22, 2020, 07:23:44 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 22, 2020, 06:01:08 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 22, 2020, 05:37:24 PM
Took a drive past Nutt's Corner market today. Whilst greatly reduced, still about 40/50 cars or so and 100/150 milling about.

I saw the message they had, basically saying, we're like a big shop so we're open.

Crazy stuff.

Before this, was anybody at it recently? Is it still all outdoors?

What sort of stuff do they sell nowadays?

Exactly the same. Only bigger. All manner of shite. I usually end up with a pile of bulbs, dinky donuts and Wille McCrea's greatest hits.

Is it not just one big loyalist fundraiser? I wouldn't go if I was paid.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 07:53:11 PM
Anyone finding contradiction in the advice , stay at home but against lockdown. I have to go work tomorrow cause site won't close , brickes tried to force their hand last week but were told by their union get back to work immediately. 200 men on site , packed drying rooms and canteens , majority on site absolute apes with only a few of us trying to social distance . Management couldn't give a hoot , talk they gave us they were basically mocking the whole thing .

I was told the CIF were lobbying the government to exempt construction workers as "necessary workers" when the lockdown comes in. I'm not sure how that will work while respecting social distancing.

larryin89

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 22, 2020, 08:21:37 PM
Anyone finding contradiction in the advice , stay at home but against lockdown. I have to go work tomorrow cause site won't close , brickes tried to force their hand last week but were told by their union get back to work immediately. 200 men on site , packed drying rooms and canteens , majority on site absolute apes with only a few of us trying to social distance . Management couldn't give a hoot , talk they gave us they were basically mocking the whole thing .

I was told the CIF were lobbying the government to exempt construction workers as "necessary workers" when the lockdown comes in. I'm not sure how that will work while respecting social distancing.

How lovely of the CIF but does not surprise me at all , same cif turn a blind eye to bogus self employment, poor safety and welfare whilst they get yer man from rorys stories to tell you how in touch they are with mental health , it all annoys me so much cause it's all so fake .

Anyway look bricks come from occupied six or England and a lot of material from uk , delivery of concrete, machinery, tools , compressors etc etc , it's a massive chain to keep it going in a lockdown situation
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: bennydorano on March 22, 2020, 02:02:08 PM
The vast majority of people will be ill but will get better and return to work, food production will not stop. Bullshit sensationalism needs nipped in the bud. The media will 'Grand old Duke of York' this situation and then go totally the opposite direction after a while.

You aren't getting it.

We can't let the "vast majority" of people even get it to recover - as the numbers that don't recover unaided and need to go to hospital will drown the healthcare system.

Its a major problem.
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

It needs to be drip fed to the hospitals so they can handle it, it can come in large groups otherwise lots of people will be unattended in hospital and left to die. If we'd more capacity to deal with lots of people getting it then fine. We don't

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

larryin89

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 22, 2020, 08:38:00 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 22, 2020, 02:02:08 PM
The vast majority of people will be ill but will get better and return to work, food production will not stop. Bullshit sensationalism needs nipped in the bud. The media will 'Grand old Duke of York' this situation and then go totally the opposite direction after a while.

You aren't getting it.

We can't let the "vast majority" of people even get it to recover - as the numbers that don't recover unaided and need to go to hospital will drown the healthcare system.

Its a major problem.

Totally agree
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

McDonald's closing their doors, this virus thing is getting real.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Don't go to work. Stay at home. If your boss is laughing about it now, chances are he'll be dead in a month.

Milltown Row2

Any big decisions to be taken by Leo this week?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tintin25

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 22, 2020, 09:45:31 PM

Don't go to work. Stay at home. If your boss is laughing about it now, chances are he'll be dead in a month.

Work in an office and they had asked us previously whether we had wifi at home and a laptop etc.  One of the Directors spoke to us last Wednesday and encouraged everyone to WFH and they would provide laptops to those who needed one etc.  To be honest, at the time things weren't at the stage they were now and I said I was happy to work in the office but assumed I would still get a laptop and have the option to WFH as/when it felt appropriate.  Approached my direct manager a day or so later and asked when I would get my laptop but she said it was now reallocated to someone else!  Yes, I shot myself in the foot but thought she should have at least come to me again and asked if I wanted it before giving it to someone else.  Have managed to borrow one now and it works perfectly.  Still coming in 2morr but just wondering what my rights are if they start being difficult and say I have to remain in the office until they say so?

RadioGAAGAA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51995137

28 year old (ground) footballer needed to go onto a ventilator.

Age & fitness are not necessarily a protection against this.

Health service gets swamped and any one of us could be f**ked.
i usse an speelchekor

knockitdown

The latest whatsapp doing the rounds in the North:

"Army landing flat out at alder grove in preparation for lockdown next week. Army landing craft at beach at ballykinlar unloading stuff at camp. Army hospital tents set up on shooting range at camp. Dundonald ice rink and large refrigerated warehouse in newtownards to be used as morgues. Looks like its all happening now."

Who ever comes up with this should be locked up for fuelling fear!

RedHand88

Quote from: knockitdown on March 22, 2020, 10:08:59 PM
The latest whatsapp doing the rounds in the North:

"Army landing flat out at alder grove in preparation for lockdown next week. Army landing craft at beach at ballykinlar unloading stuff at camp. Army hospital tents set up on shooting range at camp. Dundonald ice rink and large refrigerated warehouse in newtownards to be used as morgues. Looks like its all happening now."

Who ever comes up with this should be locked up for fuelling fear!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 05:02:31 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2020, 04:49:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 03:40:15 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 03:34:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 03:30:18 PM
I seen they are really understanding the Virus situation in Bettytown, bunged

Bettystown video I seen was just cars , I'd be more interested in seeing the actual people on the beach

You think they are just sitting in the car? Why are these places open?

How do you close a beach? I went for a walk on the beach this morning. It was very obvious that social distancing is being observed by 90% of people. I saw one group of teenage looking girls not observing it  but maybe they were sisters from same household, I don't know.

Seen images of a beach, had place tape across it, signs up and police are enforcing it by arresting charging and fining people. Simple enough I'd say

Dunno where you live Miltown but from Donegal to Cork there are 100s of beaches, absolutely impossible to police like that. Nothing simple about it.