China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Has Boris banned school trips? And by saying that will travel companies pay back what's owed?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Solo_run

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 12, 2020, 05:57:13 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 12, 2020, 05:50:01 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on March 12, 2020, 05:45:53 PM
Quote from: Ambrose on March 12, 2020, 05:37:22 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 12, 2020, 05:15:26 PM
So basically Boris has said people are going to lose loved ones before their time in a speech

But they aren't closing the schools, absolute madness, but no more than you would expect from Boris.

He isn't deciding himself, they have just set it out clearly why they aren't but the internet experts know better

Why are the experts in the UK any different to the experts in Italy, Spain, Denmark, Ireland or China?

Experts have said the UK is on the same trajectory as Italy.

Just because experts are the it doesn't mean he has to take their advice.

I would assume each country is doing their own modelling of when they think it will peak

It's being modelled by various countries with many models pointing towards an Italy scenario.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Sinn féin. Ffs. Jokers. Booting it into free state govt all week but Michelle now acts totally different up north

bennydorano

The ROI's Government's actions are all going to be pretty pointless without similar action in NI. Seemed like a get your  ducks-in-a-row sorta situation :-[

trailer

I for one am very disappointed that the UK government hasn't consulted the many, many experts in this thread.

Cunny Funt

70 cases in the ROI now.

Gabriel_Hurl

BennyCake

It must be freaky Friday. Even Seamy Bryson is talking sense...

We share an open land border with a neighbouring jurisdiction. Regardless of the rights or wrongs of that open border, it is a reality. We face a health crisis that could result in deaths of many people. It is sensible to co-ordinate the approach between both jurisdictions.

balladmaker

Quote from: bennydorano on March 12, 2020, 06:26:01 PM
The ROI's Government's actions are all going to be pretty pointless without similar action in NI. Seemed like a get your  ducks-in-a-row sorta situation :-[

I think RoI have taken the correct decision.  What I don't get is why a political decision to not align the north was allowed, that's just ridiculous .... one part of island in lockdown, the other not.  Has to have been a DUP lead decision that won the day.  They'll probably agree to align tomorrow just not on the same day as RoI, they need to look separate.

Also, why was all travel from Italy to Ireland not banned ....  we've a unique strength in our favour, or we had, and that was being an island ... but the horse has bolted now.  Also, grandstanding by calling off Ireland v Italy game, but permitting Italian supporters to travel for the weekend anyway .... madness imo.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

BennyCake

DUP happy to put thousands at risk rather than admit an all-ireland approach makes sense. Even at a time like this, they grab onto their union flag.

Capt Pat

27 new cases today. It looks to be really taking off now. Were there many Italians in Dublin over the weekend?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: BennyCake on March 12, 2020, 07:18:17 PM
DUP happy to put thousands at risk rather than admit an all-ireland approach makes sense. Even at a time like this, they grab onto their union flag.

And Sinn féin

thewobbler

And your confirmation bias means you are much more likely to make Ireland right, and the UK wrong, in any subjective disagreement on policy between the two.

FWIW i find it impossible to believe that the expertise of Irish scientists and biochemists could be at the level of their UK counterparts. That's just a numbers game: the UK will invest more money and resources into things like this.

But FWIW I also find it impossible to believe that a Uk government would unilaterally accept the recommendations of scientists. Or an Irish government for that matter. Or any government.

BennyCake

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 12, 2020, 07:22:13 PM

And Sinn féin

Well yeah, them too