Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on December 15, 2018, 06:08:49 AM
Same Horse different Jockey GAA Man slap it up them they voted the puppet in..
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 14, 2018, 03:06:40 PM
I hear the county board are telling the clubs age grade changes are happening without any debate like they did last Christmas. Do they think everyone is asleep at Christmas! Bad start from new chairman

Good to see the usual county committee bashing is alive and well, the mans in the job a couple of weeks and couple of faceless balloons start attacking him!

Let's judge people on their whole time in office eh?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

a couple of facts

- clubs were told at a monthly county meeting in September there would be no change until 2020 when Croke Park were making the changes compulsory
- without further discussion clubs are informed by email on 14th Dec that the county is unilaterally bringing changes it doesn't have to make in 2019
- clubs are asking to register disapproval by 28th Dec

If saying this isn't a good way of treating our clubs make me a balloon then I'm a balloon!

I said it wasn't a good start for the new chairman but that doesn't mean he might not end up being a great chairman

MR2 we are all faceless on this forum that's how forums work

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 15, 2018, 10:42:22 AM
a couple of facts

- clubs were told at a monthly county meeting in September there would be no change until 2020 when Croke Park were making the changes compulsory
- without further discussion clubs are informed by email on 14th Dec that the county is unilaterally bringing changes it doesn't have to make in 2019

If saying this isn't a good way of treating our clubs make me a balloon then I'm a balloon!

I said it wasn't a good start for the new chairman but that doesn't mean he might not end up being a great chairman

I'm not faceless nor is bandside and a few others here, plenty well known even if they think they ain't!

Having a pot shot at people is cheap, I've been guilty of it to in the past, it's frustrating as a manager or player when things at committee level go against your judgement, but these people put their head on the blocks, they are voted in and we won't see eye to eye on things but there is a process and should you feel strongly about it, get involved
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

As for bringing in the changes it's going to happen anyway, other counties have already started it.. a year early means it's tough on that kid that will miss out and a managers team will not have the players he thought he had, but it will be the same for everyone.

country bumpkin

Under-21 final will now be Tuesday evening......

bannside

Common sense prevails re  U 21 final. Good call, fair play.

country bumpkin

Despite previous Under-21 final will now proceed tomorrow, Sun 16th at Colaiste Feriste......3pm.

delgany

Quote from: farset on December 15, 2018, 02:12:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2018, 11:52:42 AM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 15, 2018, 10:42:22 AM
a couple of facts

I'm not faceless nor is bandside and a few others here, plenty well known even if they think they ain't!

Having a pot shot at people is cheap, I've been guilty of it to in the past, it's frustrating as a manager or player when things at committee level go against your judgement, but these people put their head on the blocks, they are voted in and we won't see eye to eye on things but there is a process and should you feel strongly about it, get involved

+1.

I've been guilty of it too and have apologised when wrong but ffs he's only in the job a week and he's getting a hard time on here for carrying out a Croke Park DIRECTIVE.

As Mr said, it's happening anyway. We might as well get the structures on place. I take it you wanted a go at FĂ©ile Belfast GAA man?

The problem with this change  is that it is completely geared to the education system in the south   and shows no regard to students sitting gcses and a levels here.

Personally  think  it will make little difference to the issues surrounding  15 -19 age groups and participation levels.

Alot of talk about players joining on sanctions   but think it reflects low numbers all round

Belfast GAA man

it is not a DIRECTIVE to change until 2020 - ask your club for details of the communications / my club hasn't competed at National Feile level in long time and not expecting it to next year

So everyone else appears to think this has been handled well? 14th December communication...

Apart from paid referees and paid coaches the rest of us are hard working volunteers and I believe in communicating and discussing important issues with them not issuing emails

Who knows whether u19 will work but this no way to go about a big change that doesn't yet have to happen

maxpower

Do you honestly think this has been well handled by the County?

Clubs informed in the middle of the season that it would remain status quo for 2019 and any changes taking affect 2020 only to be told on the 13 Dec (after AGM's) that everything is changing a year early.

The change is inevitable but it has been handled dreadfully.

Too many unanswered questions, Feile for one, will Camogie move in line, how does it impact the competitions?
What happens next????

BigBallWeeBall

Wind you neck in Farset. Last minute communications appear underhand. A lot of clubs have coaches selected and training plans ready or training is underway. As volunteers coaches tend to work with age groups where their kids are involved and last minute changes like this will have a negative impact IMO. Very badly handled. Wonder will there be a drop off in participation especially at u19 & U18 level.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 15, 2018, 04:21:09 PM
it is not a DIRECTIVE to change until 2020 - ask your club for details of the communications / my club hasn't competed at National Feile level in long time and not expecting it to next year

So everyone else appears to think this has been handled well? 14th December communication...

Apart from paid referees and paid coaches the rest of us are hard working volunteers and I believe in communicating and discussing important issues with them not issuing emails

Who knows whether u19 will work but this no way to go about a big change that doesn't yet have to happen

So referees and paid coaches aren't hard working? I get expenses, I don't get paid, I've a job..  :D

You volunteer like thousands of people do because you want to. Not on your own in that department two nights a week and a match.. ive done it for years!  Good for you. You're a professional moaner though..

The changes are the same for every club, it's crap but coming anyway. We've people in place and that will change, I nearly stepped back into managing again and would have had to deal with it myself and would have been annoyed but at least I'd accept it and move on!

BigBallWeeBall

Beware of touts I was always told.
In Sept clubs advised no change, now after AGMs there is a will to change something that is not being implemented nationwide until 2020. Feel sorry for lads that will not be able to play Feile and those who are 18 and miss out on minor.
Following a late directive is not really planning for future implementation

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on December 15, 2018, 07:50:42 PM
Beware of touts I was always told.
In Sept clubs advised no change, now after AGMs there is a will to change something that is not being implemented nationwide until 2020. Feel sorry for lads that will not be able to play Feile and those who are 18 and miss out on minor.
Following a late directive is not really planning for future implementation

Would you also feel sorry for the lads the following year?

whatwillbwillb

So referees and paid coaches aren't hard working? I get expenses, I don't get paid, I've a job..

Now Now MR you get a match fee plus travelling expenses for mileage... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) the refs in the south have to declare their match fee to the revenue.....  and i do agree we all work hard irresespective wheter we get a fee or expenses or nought...thats the GAA