All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Mayo have been some value these past 6 odd years. They've dished up some exciting, edge of the seat matches and the fact that they prob look better poised now to maybe win Sam, is a testament to the squad of players they have. Keep her going to blazes

Rossfan

Well done Rhubarbs.
Probably 8 points the better team.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

Mayo know how to press Kerry's buttons. Their style has always matched up particularly well against Kerry. It would make you wonder what some of these pundits are smoking that there was such confidence amongst them that Kerry would win handily.

A few weeks ago they were saying "this team is just waiting to be put out of its misery". Some misery.

The simple fact is that since 2012, this Mayo team has been considerably better than Kerry.

Five wins out of seven in the league with just one Kerry win.

And it's a fact that Kerry were poxed lucky in both matches in 2014. Absolutely poxed.

In all four championship clashes between the two since 2014, Mayo have been the better team each time.

Usually comfortably so. This is a richly deserved and long overdue win over Kerry for them.

Gael85

They say teams that win replays are ones that learned more from first day. one Example from last week Stephen Coen running through took a ridiculous shot and blocked. In near enough same situation running today, took the simple option and laid easy ball of to Loftus? who slotted over the bar. Special mention to David Clarke who was exceptional. Best shot stopper in the country

johnpower

Dissapointed with Kerry but better team won ,hope they can win it now

Jinxy

What's up with Lee Keegan lads?
He's definitely not 100%.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

johnpower

The question now is who do Mayo prefer in the final ? I think Tyrone might suit them better ?

An Watcher

I think they'll beat the fund in the final this year IF they make it.  Not so sure if they'll beat the red hands

Zulu

Quote from: highorlow on August 26, 2017, 08:42:48 PM
Thanks Zulu.

This is our year. I said it to Billy Keane after we sneaked passed Cork.

Are you thanking me because I said they're a credit to the GAA?

This Mayo team are something different and for me, there's nothing else happening in sport. Mayo footballers are sport now. Not many people get to support a team that embodies all that you'd want a team to embody but Mayo folk have that. Enjoy the journey lads as you're on a special one.

Zulu

Quote from: An Watcher on August 26, 2017, 10:00:22 PM
I think they'll beat the fund in the final this year IF they make it.  Not so sure if they'll beat the red hands

Mayo would definitely beat Tyrone IMO but they'll need a bit of form or luck to beat Dublin. Tyrone would make it attritional which Mayo win every time but Dublin would be down to scorers and they've more of them.

johnpower

Quote from: Zulu on August 26, 2017, 10:00:34 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 26, 2017, 08:42:48 PM
Thanks Zulu.

This is our year. I said it to Billy Keane after we sneaked passed Cork.

Are you thanking me because I said they're a credit to the GAA?

This Mayo team are something different and for me, there's nothing else happening in sport. Mayo footballers are sport now. Not many people get to support a team that embodies all that you'd want a team to embody but Mayo folk have that. Enjoy the journey lads as you're on a special one.

I agree , this Mayo team have resiilance and after today loads of
Confidence and neutral fans . I really like the wAy they keep
Going . They are one of the benchmark teams now

omaghjoe

Quote from: Jinxy on August 26, 2017, 09:50:11 PM
What's up with Lee Keegan lads?
He's definitely not 100%.

Your right something not right there

Blowitupref

Quote from: Zulu on August 26, 2017, 10:06:01 PM

Mayo would definitely beat Tyrone IMO but they'll need a bit of form or luck to beat Dublin. Tyrone would make it attritional which Mayo win every time but Dublin would be down to scorers and they've more of them.

Winning championship comes down to defences also and both Tyrone and Dublin are way better defensively than the current Kerry team. Mayo don't have scoring power to win can't be used going into final. C O Connor is top scoring forward in this years championship by some distance and Mayo as a team this summer have scored more than any team now in history of championship football and then they have Andy Moran in peak form the top scoring forward from play this summer.

Two OGs aside Mayo will need to defend as well as they did in both AI finals last year to win Sam.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 26, 2017, 10:22:38 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 26, 2017, 10:06:01 PM

Winning championship comes down to defences also and both Tyrone and Dublin are way better defensively than the current Kerry team. Mayo don't have scoring power to win can't be used going into final. C O Connor is top scoring forward in this years championship by some distance and Mayo as a team this summer have scored more than any team now in history of championship football and then they have Andy Moran in peak form the top scoring forward from play this summer.

Two OGs aside Mayo will need to defend as well as they did in both AI finals last year to win Sam.

Kind of takes the sting from the tail when you are 100% honest and state they will soon have played the most games in a championship, and that most of COC's scores have been easy frees.

larryin89

Youre right syf, cillian is overrated . Sure rossie would of beaten that kerry team.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .