Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearbrags

larryin89

Quote from: Jinxy on May 10, 2018, 01:51:05 PM
Larryin89 will have the real team.
He always has the inside track.

I got into mchale park last night and let me tell you cafferky is defo staring . He has been instructed to headbutt the bull comer before the ball is thrown in. Galway can't beat 14 men is the theory , sure they couldn't even beat 12 bousies one time.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

larryin89

larryin89

Wow, that is sick man . Why would you make something like that up?

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: SeanInKerry on May 10, 2018, 05:59:44 PM
BREAKING NEWS : ******

This is disgraceful, scurrilous stuff to be posting up if there's no factual basis to it.

larryin89

Farrandeelin

Quote from: CumminsCiderLarry on May 10, 2018, 06:42:37 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on May 10, 2018, 06:38:41 PM
Ffs lads where are ya getting this news?

I only heard rumour but I suspect it not true as not in paper.Think Sean maybe telling porkies.

Cummins and Seán are welcome to spread slurry after we've the first cut silage in... ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Duine Eile

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 10, 2018, 02:41:40 PM

You cannot drop McHugh, he is the best free taker Galway have by a country mile. Look at some of the shocking misses Walsh and Armstrong have had as free takers in the past 18 months, you cannot afford that inconsistency in a championship match. Armstrong to make way for Burke from the team named would be preferable.
Rock is the benchmark for free takers today, McHugh is similarly ultra reliable based on all available evidence in a Galway jersey so far.

Agree with this, in a game that's going to be extremely physical from both sides a consistent and reliable free taker is vital and McHugh has proven himself so far this year. Hoping this 15 doesn't start, midfield will be wiped out, Tom Flynn hasn't played well the last few seasons and Duggan isn't up to county standard in my opinion. Hopefully Cooke, Ian Burke and Brannigan if he's fit will be coming into that team.

mrhardyannual

Whoever Seaninkerry is, he should be banned from this and every board. It's hard to imagine that anybody could be so callous!

cornetto

Whatever about teams that have been named,I think it is odds on that one team at least will finish a man down.A referee directive which is to be enforced strenuously.
Ahead of what's expected to be a tense Connacht quarter-final between Mayo and Galway on Sunday, a warning has been issued that footballers involved in melees in this year's championship will be sent off.A melee is where a third person or more become involved in an incident.Players have been warned but with both teams playing on the edge something has to give.

moysider

Quote from: cornetto on May 10, 2018, 11:37:26 PM
Whatever about teams that have been named,I think it is odds on that one team at least will finish a man down.A referee directive which is to be enforced strenuously.
Ahead of what's expected to be a tense Connacht quarter-final between Mayo and Galway on Sunday, a warning has been issued that footballers involved in melees in this year's championship will be sent off.A melee is where a third person or more become involved in an incident.Players have been warned but with both teams playing on the edge something has to give.

Ah yes, a directive that will be completely ignored later when Ulster and the Kerrys and Dublins kick into swing. Laughable, but I have no doubt that you are on the money there. Bit like schools cracking down on uniforms and mobile phones in September. A few months later hoodies and cyber bullying all around. Will we ever learn?

MayoBuck

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 10, 2018, 04:44:05 PM
I would expect the normal 3 changes before throw from Rochford. Barrett,Harrison,Doherty to all start i reckon. Galway could well start as selected. Flynn played well in the 2016 game against Mayo in Castlebar and they aren't going to start two rookies in midfield against one of the most experienced midfield pairing around. O Donnells experience probably gets the nod over Kelly while McHugh after his 1-3 v Mayo a few months ago was a sure starter. Brannigan out a massive loss he's worth about 2 or 3 points from play and his replacement Armstrong will likely be held scoreless from play.

I've a feeling Cafferkey and Cillian won't start for us.

For Galway, Flynn could move to wing forward to try and replicate Brannigan's role from this year. Shane Walsh will be at 11 and Conroy will move back to midfield. I'd be surprised if Ian Burke doesn't start ahead of Armstrong. Rumours of Kyne and Kerin being injured so will be interesting to see if both start.

Laoiseabu

Comer will clean Cafferkey. No Corofin lads??

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Laoiseabu on May 11, 2018, 01:02:59 AM
Comer will clean Cafferkey. No Corofin lads??

Only three in the squad. Liam Silke would be in the team but he's gone to the US for the Summer. Two others declined invites apparently.

Maroon Manc

Its hard to see anything than other a low scoring game given Galway's tactics and that Mayo I expect will set up in a similar manner and then you've the added ingredient of a tighter pitch.

Galway have plenty of attacking options on the bench but I wouldn't have too much hope that Kevin Walsh will use them in the correct way, its his 4th year in charge and he's still far too slow to make changes and its a big concern.

Now we hear talk from the referees development chairman that the 3rd person into a melee will be given a red card, are they for f**king real!! Implementing something like this should be at the beginning of the league and not on the eve of the championship.

Mayo will have worked on denying Comer space hence why I don't see him spending too much time in the full forward line and hence why Armstrong is starting.